Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Items of a domestic nature
Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Charles » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Can anyone here come up with a single argument against homosexuality?

Is it a moral issue? Or, is Sexual preference innate and not an issue of morality?



User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Notorious » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:07 pm

It's gross.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Notorious wrote:It's gross.

Ho 'bout two lithe young hotties doing each other? Gross?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Notorious » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Ho 'bout two lithe young hotties doing each other? Gross?

Still gross.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby oceanvue » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:58 pm

it looks like it would hurt
Image

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby GOODave » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 am

Charles wrote:Can anyone here come up with a single argument against homosexuality?

Is it a moral issue? Or, is Sexual preference innate and not an issue of morality?

It's a moral issue.

Sexual preference is not innate.

Sexual behavior is not a biological mandate (IOW, people do not have to do it: Everyone has a choice about whether to do it or not).

Now do your best Beavis impersonation with "heh heh heh heh, he said 'do it'."

:thumbsup:

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Charles » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:15 am

GOODave wrote:It's a moral issue.

Sexual preference is not innate.

Sexual behavior is not a biological mandate (IOW, people do not have to do it: Everyone has a choice about whether to do it or not).

Now do your best Beavis impersonation with "heh heh heh heh, he said 'do it'."

:thumbsup:


You've embarrassed yourself again; Your post almost reads like a robotic response from the church.

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby oceanvue » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:28 am

Charles/Vile/JQP you asked for subject matter opinions to generate interest than you bash the opinions that you don't agree with. What's up with that?
Image

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby GOODave » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Charles wrote:
You've embarrassed yourself again; Your post almost reads like a robotic response from the church.

It is, of course, you who have embarrassed yourself here.

You included the response I gave in your question. You asked if it was a moral issue. I only borrowed your words.

You make this SO easy: I'm certain you learned your argument style at the Wabash school of arguing and transmission repair.

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Charles » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:02 pm

GOODave wrote:It is, of course, you who have embarrassed yourself here.


Pretty unique comeback bud.

Red
Posts: 17427
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Red » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Charles wrote:Can anyone here come up with a single argument against homosexuality?

Is it a moral issue? Or, is Sexual preference innate and not an issue of morality?


There are more important uses for your....one way highway.... :mrgreen:

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 am

Red wrote:
There are more important uses for your....one way highway.... :mrgreen:


Yes, but those uses aren't mutually exclusive.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby GOODave » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:59 am

Charles wrote:
Pretty unique comeback bud.

Your response embarrasses you further, I'm sorry to say.

just a week ago, I thought you might be capable of carrying on a real argument.

I regret that I was wrong. Your "I know you are but what am I" gambit here doesn't give me much hope you'll turn it around any time soon, either.

slowyoroll
Posts: 13241
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby slowyoroll » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:59 am

GOODave wrote:It's a moral issue.

Sexual preference is not innate.

Sexual behavior is not a biological mandate (IOW, people do not have to do it: Everyone has a choice about whether to do it or not).Now do your best Beavis impersonation with "heh heh heh heh, he said 'do it'."

:thumbsup:


You are 100% wrong!!!!
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11908
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Notorious » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 am

I'm still 100% right though, it's groooooooooooooooooooooss!
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby GOODave » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 am

slowyoroll wrote:
You are 100% wrong!!!!

Only to a moral relativist.

To an objective moralist, which I am, I am right.

However, I should also point out (even though you'd prefer I didn't) that a moral relativist has no basis on which to say anyone other than themselves is wrong. Since, to you, morals are relative (something akin to "I can do what I want as long as I don't hurt anyone else"), you have no standard by which to assert any wrong onto anyone else. Best you can do is say "your [moral decision] is not right for me."

slowyoroll
Posts: 13241
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby slowyoroll » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 am

GOODave wrote:Only to a moral relativist.

To an objective moralist, which I am, I am right.

However, I should also point out (even though you'd prefer I didn't) that a moral relativist has no basis on which to say anyone other than themselves is wrong. Since, to you, morals are relative (something akin to "I can do what I want as long as I don't hurt anyone else"), you have no standard by which to assert any wrong onto anyone else. Best you can do is say "your [moral decision] is not right for me."


Not sure what this BS means but I know that Gay people are born Gay period.
This fact is not even open for discussion.
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby GOODave » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 am

slowyoroll wrote:
Not sure what this BS means but I know that Gay people are born Gay period.
This fact is not even open for discussion.


The "BS" is your assertion that "gay" is genetic. An assertion for which you have zero evidence but an abundance of preference.

The "fact" is open for discussion because here you are discussing it.

slowyoroll
Posts: 13241
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby slowyoroll » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 am

GOODave wrote:
The "BS" is your assertion that "gay" is genetic. An assertion for which you have zero evidence but an abundance of preference. The "fact" is open for discussion because here you are discussing it.


You keep living in your box...I have know Gay people all of my life..
The ones I have had this discussion with all say the same thing...
"If I had a choice why would I want to be Gay?"..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Any real reason why gay is wrong?

Postby Charles » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:24 am

GOODave wrote:
The "BS" is your assertion that "gay" is genetic. An assertion for which you have zero evidence but an abundance of preference.


US researchers find evidence that homosexuality linked to genetics

Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environmental factors

Return to “At Home”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests