Zero Dark Thirty

Wabash

Zero Dark Thirty

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Just saw this movie. Loved it.

I liked that it showed the majority of intel work is boring, tedious, and quite mundane. There are no car chases in exotic cars, seductions of beautiful people, or workplaces that look like they came out of Architectural Digest. In fact just the opposite. It depicts government workplaces as drab and uninspiring.

The final Op that shows the raid on the compound in Abbottabad is depicted with no music in the background. There are no final physical confrontations with the combatants. The individuals killed during the raid are all shot to death with no fanfare or snappy one liners.

Kudos to Kathryn Bigelow for a film well done.
Last edited by Wabash on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Notorious

Re: Zero Dark Thirty

Postby Notorious » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm

I want to see this movie but it sounds so boring and long.

Sort of like how I never saw that snuff film Passion of the Christ.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm

It was okay...not worth paying to see it in the theater. I'm glad I saw it on the Internet so I could FF through the torture scenes...another good reason to wait for video.

Best movie I've seen in a while is Flight, although I admit I'm a huge DW fan.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 am

Notorious wrote:I want to see this movie but it sounds so boring and long.

If one recognizes that intel and government work is not glamorous I believe you will enjoy it.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Wabash wrote:If one recognizes that intel and government work is not glamorous I believe you will enjoy it.

Yea .. until you go off the reservation one day and they open up on you with AK's. Boring day indeed?

Saw it last night, I agree Wabash .. great final scenes, very well done and a little too realistic.

Great sound!
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Red

Postby Red » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 pm

A whole lot of hogwash. I will save the money.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Red wrote:A whole lot of hogwash. I will save the money.

:)

You're probably still busy reminiscing over Nagin's big mouth.

Return to “Movies”