The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Phil Robertson

SoMelo

Re: Phil Robertson

Postby SoMelo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:31 am

I've watched House Hunters International a few times.. Not a bad reality Realty show.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 am

A&E is the big winner here... All the enraged repugs will now be tuning in.

Theriot called it on his FB page when it happened--a complete publicity stunt by A&E

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 am

I call that the Chick-Fil-A model. It's a surefire way for christians to express outrage and play the victim card at the same time.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:48 am

Not only is there freedom of speech in the U.S. of A. There is also freedom to change the channel.

Duck Dynasty Ratings Plummet.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:38 pm

I think the drop in their popularity isn't as much about Phil's comments, but that the attention paid to the show revealed something that their viewers didn't like--namely that they aren't the "simple folk" they portray. Those clean cut photos and stories about their college education destroyed their hillbilly image.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Red

Postby Red » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:13 pm

You wish it was a publicity stunt, Fordie. It fits right into your narrative. The biggest publicity stunt is....Anyways, I don't buy it for a moment. Liberals are the new NAZI's and they really thought they could force Duck Dynasty off the air. It blew up in their faces. Too may decent Americans didn't allow a few loud mouth gay people to force them. Thank God another NAZI tactic didn't work.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 pm

The logic displayed can't be bought for any amount of money.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:07 pm

You wish it was a publicity stunt, Fordie. It fits right into your narrative.

Well, add that to a long list of idiotic things written on the internet.

Fordama

Red

Postby Red » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:49 am

Blah blah blah fordie. Your conspiracy theory to help get glaad off the hook for their HATRED of Phil's opinion and his Christianity fits right in to your anti-Christrian narrative. Too bad you are not honest enough to admit it. liberalism = dishonesty. PERIOD.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:40 am

There is no prize for writing consecutive idiotic posts, red.

A&E "suspended" Robertson, and then promptly programmed a Duck Dynasty marathon.

Fordama

Red

Postby Red » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:39 am

Several shows run marathons. Duck Dynasty is not different. There are better uses for tin foil. Please watch your personal attacks. Just because liberals get away with it doesn't mean you should abuse it. Phil Robertson said what he believed in to GQ magazine, glaad made it into a big issue, the management of A&E felt bullied by glaad and suspended Phil knowing he was largely popular. American people rose and A&E relented. Sort of reminds me of the whole Chick-fil-a controversy. I didn't/don't eat there, but I made an exception to show support like millions of others. Screw the big mouth minority (just in case, no racism intended) voices and their nazi intentions. Live and let live.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:47 am

Several shows run marathons. Duck Dynasty is not different.

Yeah, right after they "suspend" one of the main characters.

Sure, red. Those folks in entertainment have no sense of publicity or how to orchestrate it. Those quotes just happened to "leak" out before the magazine came out. Ignore that an A&E rep was present for the entire interview.

Sure red. Three posts in a row.

Fordama

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 am

So the critics of Duck Dynasty have a goal of stuffing folks like Red into ovens?

Wow....just wow!!

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm

How anyone can watch Duck Dynasty is beyond me. I don't understand the allure of watching people pretending to be ignorant rednecks.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

I talked to somebody who was sort of a fan about a year ago. She made it sound like the WWE with beards and shotguns. I'm getting curious now.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “TV”