The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Phil Robertson

Tommy Tar

Phil Robertson

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 am

http://nypost.com/2013/12/18/duck-dynas ... sexuality/

Phil Robertson, patriarch of the “Duck Dynasty” clan, is being slammed for controversial comments he made about homosexuality in an interview in the January issue of GQ.
“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me,” Robertson told the magazine. “I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.” <snip>

I knew this was coming. I read his book and heard him speak at the Harvest Crusade. He's been fighting with A&E for years about guns and their dinner payer at the end of the show. I think the kids and maybe his wife like all the attention from the show but he's happy with his little house on the lake.

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Re: Phil Robertson

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:11 am

This is one of the big yawn moments. Who cares?
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 am

What's funny is that his remarks on the conditions for Blacks during the Jim Crow laws was more outlandish. His remarks on gays were silly, but not unexpected.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Red

Postby Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Duck Dynasty wins! America wins! Whiners at GLAAD LOSES! Get a life GLAAD! The more you whine the less respect you get! And another thing, hey mr. jackson, go pound sand! You are low grade sub-human being and nobody will ever be threatened by you again! I am glad A&E and Cracker Barrel did not meet with you so you can blackmail them for money.

Now go take care of your thieving son. He needs your help....well...on second thought.... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Red on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:35 pm

What the F is Duck Dynasty????

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Near as I can tell, it has something to do with a Honey Boo Boo.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Red

Postby Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:02 pm

It's is a show on A&E. That was my first reaction until glaad made a big stink about what the patriarch of the family said about homosexuality in an interview with GQ magazine. glaad didn't like it and tried to bully A&E in firing Phil Robertson. At first, A&E suspended Mr. Robertson to the chagrin of millions of Americans. Seriously, I never watched the show until the controversy. I watched an episode the other night and found it a little amusing. I think what the liberals hate most about the show is their Christianity and family prayers.

Just in case you are unaware, Phil Robertson was the starting QB at Louisiana Tech keeping Terry Bradshaw on the bench until he quit because of his love to hunt. Great story.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

It's some show about beards, I think.

It only took me a week but I finally realized who Phil Robertson is. I thought the thread was about some TV preacher. I wasn't interested enough to look. I'm still not.

Hey, but more power to Mr. Robertson and his clan. They're the biggest TV success story since that family of mega-millionaire bikers. Let the cross-merchandising begin!
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Red

Postby Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

More snarkiness 101 from a liberal. Don't be angry USC took your Fresno boys to the woodshed last week.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Hmmmm.... so what's the problem? He was free to express his opinion, GLAAD was free to express theirs, and A&E operated their business freely. Why is it alright for Robertson to say what he wants but not for GLAAD to say what they want?

Red

Postby Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Nice JQP. A show about beards! Great answer. Does anybody but cnn or msnbc ever get a break from your snootiness? You can only watch gosford park, cider house rules, of masterpiece theatre so many times. Live a little.

Red

Postby Red » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Never said A&E didn't have the right to say or do what they want. I am just glad (no pun intended) they didn't let glaad bully them. After all, that show makes them a hell of lot of money. I am also starting to think the whole controversy was contrived, but then again if it was, glaad stepped into it while losing face. Like JQP, I had no idea what the show was about, now I'm thinking of tuning in when I am tired of masterpiece theater reruns.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Red, my TV has been on for about an hour in the last week and a half. I'm just not into it.

I like the "rags to riches for no particular reason" angle, but beyond that I'm not interested.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm

The best I can tell it is a show for REDneck $c loving idiots..

Bubba#35

Postby Bubba#35 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:55 pm

And she's a moderator?

123456789 just in case.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 am

Conservatives are all about protecting the speech of Robertson. They didn't feel that way when the Dixie Chicks were critical of Bush. And then of course there is their reaction to Jane Fonda.

The faux posturing is just that.
Last edited by Wabash on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 am

Oh, kind of a redneck Kardashian family?

Fordama

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:54 am

A&E is the big winner here... All the enraged repugs will now be tuning in.

Red

Postby Red » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:47 am

Yes Bubba, she is a moderator. Pretty sad. A registered democrat. :lol: And JQP, I wasn't into it either and I still don't watch it. I don't watch a majority of those types of shows and especially realty type shows.
Last edited by Red on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:18 am

Red, I don't watch shows about real estate either.

Return to “TV”