The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Fox News' Chief, Roger Ailes

Wabash

Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Fox News' Chief, Roger Ailes

Postby Wabash » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:53 am

Carlson Sues Roger Ailes

In a statement released through a public relations firm, Carlson, best known for co-hosting “Fox & Friends” until 2013, said she “refused to sleep” with Ailes and “reported disparaging treatment in the newsroom.”

She has stated her evidence is conclusive. Like Fox News host, Bill O'Reilly, I would bet this issue is settled out of court for an undisclosed sum with Ailes not admitting to any guilt.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Zebra

Re: Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Fox News' Chief, Roger Ailes

Postby Zebra » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:13 am

Big deal .. happens everyday in corporate America. Even in the Clinton White House ...
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Parrotpaul

Re: Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Fox News' Chief, Roger Ailes

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:22 am

That doesn't make it right, Zebra. I'm a bit dismayed that you would blow this off as a matter of course in American business. To women...this stuff is a very big deal.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Zebra

Postby Zebra » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 am

Paul, you think I'm just blowing it off but you really have no clue what my intention was/is.

Just pointing out the facts to you. To use one of Wabash's favorite line "It's doesn't change the fact" that it happens everyday in corporate America .. and you're correct, it's not right and it is a big deal to women AND MEN! So why is this one a bigger deal than any of Bill's "bimbos".

Answer - it's not. It's called trolling.

I'm done here.
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:45 am

Because Fox News likes to criticize others who don't conform to their norm of moral behavior.

They relish the opportunity to criticize the moral failings of others. Particularly liberals.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:50 am

Big deal .. happens everyday in corporate America. Even in the Clinton White House ...

I can only respond to what you write...I have no idea what your intent is. There are a variety of ways of expressing ideas...your first two words tend to color the rest of your statement and invite inferences.

How did Bill Clinton become a part of this discussion...you introduced it...why?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:03 am

Wabash wrote:Because Fox News likes to criticize others who don't conform to their norm of moral behavior.

Fox News isn't named in the suit. Neither are Liberals. I doubt politics are mentioned at all.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:30 am

I realize that. Since they aren't criticizing Ailes and never criticized O'Reilly we know there moral posturing is situational.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 am

Since who aren't criticizing him, the people whose checks he signs or the ones who are probably legally bound to not talk about it?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:51 am

Probably both. They seem to have no problem discussing the moral failings in others outside their organization.

This is important since they claim to be Fair and Balanced.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:08 am

It's not important, unless you also think Honey Boo Boo is important. It's Inquirer material, at best.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:07 am

The Enquirer is a totally appropriate comparison for Fox News. They aren't much better in their reporting.

Carlson was very shrewd to sue Ailes as an individual. I'm sure her employment contract with Fox News Corp. had stipulations for recourse if they were ever pursued.

Those provisions won't apply in this case.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:43 am

Seems there is enough for the Murdochs to let him go.

Murdochs Remove Ailes

Roger Ailes's tenure as the head of Fox News may be coming to an end. Rupert Murdoch and sons Lachlan and James — co-chairmen and CEO, respectively, of parent company 21st Century Fox — have settled on removing the 76-year-old executive, say two sources briefed on a sexual-harassment investigation of Ailes being conducted by New York law firm Paul, Weiss. After reviewing the initial findings of the probe, James Murdoch is said to be arguing that Ailes should be presented with a choice this week to resign or face being fired. Lachlan is more aligned with their father, who thinks that no action should be taken until after the GOP convention this week. Another source confirms that all three are in agreement that Ailes needs to go.

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:54 am

Perhaps Ailes should "accidentally run into" Loretta Lynch and talk about their Granchildren to get this thing settled or better yet, use the Hillary defense of not knowing it was wrong.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 am

Those are both marvelous ideas. You should tell him.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:56 am

Perhaps Ailes should "accidentally run into" Loretta Lynch and talk about their Granchildren to get this thing settled or better yet, use the Hillary defense of not knowing it was wrong.

Zero clout...no one would recognize him.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Ailes is out...Rupert Murdoch becomes acting chairman.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:07 pm

When Megyn Kelly threw him under the bus, he was toast.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:09 pm

And it didn't take long.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:20 am

I find it somewhat ironic that Megyn Kelly threw him under the bus when he defended her during the Trump debate issues. Lends a lot of credibility to what Kelly has to say there.

What Fox is guilty of more often than not is pushing a story before it's been fully vetted. Not a smart move for a news organization, but to put them on part with the Enquirer is simply ignorant.

As for sexual harassment in the workplace, it is a real problem. It's also very hard to control. The workplace is where a lot of men and women meet. Relationships often form and it is sometimes difficult to tell the difference between a close working relationship and someone who is personally interested, at least for some people. I'm not suggesting that harassment is OK. Not by any stretch. I am saying that it can be very difficult sometimes to manage it.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Return to “TV”