Sad News - Calvary Chapel founder battling lung cancer

Postby Red » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:22 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45891799/ns ... ng-cancer/

By JAIMEE LYNN FLETCHERTHE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
The Orange County Register

updated 1/5/2012 8:16:15 PM ET
Print
Font:

Calvary Chapel Church founder Chuck Smith has announced that he was diagnosed with lung cancer but plans to continue his ministry as he awaits advice from his doctors on what to do next.

Smith's secretary Laura Jackson said Thursday that the 84-year-old pastor plans to continue his speaking schedule. However, his daily schedule is hectic because of the tests he is undergoing to determine whether he will need surgery, she said.

Despite his diagnosis, Smith is in good spirits, she said.

"He's doing great," she said. "It's been a wild week mostly because of the tests and because we don't know which direction they're going to take yet."

Smith has been pastor of the Costa Mesa Calvary Chapel since 1965 and is known for being one of the most influential Christian pastors in Southern California.

I, for one would dearly miss this GREAT man should things turn for the worse. Chuck Smith is one of very few Men I look up to.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
Red

Re: Sad News - Calvary Chapel founder battling lung cancer

Postby SoMelo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 am

Maybe God should be paying less attention to the Broncos... jus sayin' :shrug:
SoMelo

Postby Notorious » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Why is this bad news? He's 84. You can't live forever.
Lionhunter wrote: Don't you know that there's no hope for us Friar fans? Everybody is leaving...we can't possibly have any hope to compete this year.

Ramon wrote:We suck...We have nothing left in the gas tank...We need to call up the JV and chalk this season up as rebuilding...
Notorious

Postby GOODave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 pm

My MD told me eventually everyone could get cancer of something or other. We all have cancer cells in our bodies most (or did he say "all") the time.

I hope the church has a succession plan: Many times, the independents do not.
GOODave

Return to Religion and Spirituality