Is Sarkisian a good fit for SC?

Luca

Is Sarkisian a good fit for SC?

Postby Luca » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:48 pm

To answer your question, Tom:

He might be, but it's too soon to tell.

To meet expectations at SC, you have to win and you have to be congenial in doing so. It's a holdover from the Pete Caroll era. You also have to be able to recruit very well and it seems like Sarkisian can do that.

Part of the difficulty being a coach at SC is that so many of the yahoo fans annually overestimate how talented the team is. This year's team had some obvious weaknesses. For starters, they had a pretty mediocre offensive line. Starting three freshmen doesn't mean you have three superstar freshman, it means you don't have much depth.

Outside of Leonard Williams, the defensive line was only pretty good. I don't think the linebackers or the DBs - outside of Craavens - were anything special. They got very good play at quarterback and wide receiver and running back.

Nobody raves about the talent at UCLA around here but it was clear UCLA had a much more talented team when the two of them played. And everybody acts astonished when SC doesn't handle them.

Nonetheless, if Sarkisian can recruit as well as Pete Carroll did I think he'll be successful..............Luca

templar83

Re: Is Sarkisian a good fit for SC?

Postby templar83 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:44 am

Well Luca, he certainly appears to be a guy ya'd be able to toss back a few with. Congenial, perhaps, classy, not so much. But hey, it's SC, nothing to see here, move on.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:14 am

It is interesting that alcohol is consumed in the coaches offices by the coaches
at Universities, apparently at the USC FB coaches offices at least, do most other
FB coaches at most of the other Universities in the nation do this also?

Or any University athletic team coach for that matter? You would think there would
be a University policy on it in some manner.

Luca

Postby Luca » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:11 am

You wouldn't think it's uncommon. A little less common for the head coach to show up to the premier season opening event after a few too many..................Luca

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:35 pm

USA AD Haden puts Steve Sarkisian on an indefinite leave, apparently Haden called
Sark after the Washington loss and allegedly Sark did not sound good - meaning?

Luca

Postby Luca » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Uh......... perhaps I spoke too soon.................Luca

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:09 am

Petros laid it out on The Challenge last night. Apparently Sark showed up to team meetings yesterday pie-eyed. The assistants sent him home (did he drive?) and then Hayden called him and he was obviously "not healthy." Quite a euphemism.

There are also reports he was lit on the sidelines of the Arizona State game.

It appears the guy is in a bad way with alcohol. I feel for him, but the bottom line is he simply has to stop drinking (simple probably not the right concept). It can be done, I've been dry going on eight months and am really enjoying football season now that I can recall the games.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 pm

The university is announcing that he has been terminated.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:23 am

He has checked in to a residential rehab center.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Return to “College”