Saddleback JC plays for the state champioinship

cruiser

Saddleback JC plays for the state champioinship

Postby cruiser » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Saddleback college led by Johnny Stanton (ex SM QB and bounceback from Nebraska)
beats Long Beach CC led by ex MD QB, Jack Lowery ( who beat out the returning LBCC
QB!) for the SoCal regional championship.

Saddleback really picked it up after losing their first two games. Lowery has been a
surprise for LBCC. - in one game he threw 7! TD passes, and another 6! TD passes, he
has really come around, talk is lower tier to mid major D1 programs are interested in him.

Stanton is apparently getting some D1 interest/offers now.

Luca

Re: Saddleback JC plays for the state champioinship

Postby Luca » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Saddleback will be playing San Francisco City College for the state championship. In the rivals JC National Rankings San Francisco is currently #1 and Saddleback #3. Saddleback could wind up #1 in the country if they take them out in 2 weeks.

Stanton started out rusty in his first two games although he came alive in the second half of the first game and was in the middle of one of his typical fourth quarter rallies when a MLB made a highlight play to get the pick on the goal line with 30 secs left (which would have won the game). Otherwise they would be 11-1 (they beat the only other team they'd lost to in the playoff rematch) and probably would be the given national champions if they beat San Francisco.

I remember telling some of the Saddleback coaches that they had no idea what they were getting when Stanton transferred back to So Cal. They were noncommittal at first but that has changed dramatically. Stanton has been the difference for that team. I'm curious to see where he winds up......................................Luca

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:52 am

Correction on the Lowery stat, he threw for 6 TD's in one game and 5 in another.....
Still pretty decent. I always know Stanton would be back to a college D1 program
eventually but Lowery is a surprise, I'm thinking to many.........

On a side note,Stanton was pretty much the whole offense, 37/51 passing, 4TD's and carried the ball 19! times for a 5.1avg - he carried the ball more total times than all
the other ball carriers combined!

Hopefully he won't get hurt,that's a lot of times for a college QB (even a JC QB) to be
running the ball, no?

Vernster52

Postby Vernster52 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 am

Stanton is now a commit to UNLV.

Return to “College”