New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby inflagrantedelicto » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm

LanceSterling wrote:


Why would a HS head coach at one HS go be HC at another HS? Why are not longer term assistant coaches deserving a chance to HC not on your list?

...other than Ivory Sully, HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR LIST OF ASSISTANT COACHES? :thumbsdown:
Percussus Resurgo
User avatar
inflagrantedelicto
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby Butterfly Hunter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Would love to see Turk Shonert take the position. It would be a great fit for the school and as Lionhunter said a great way for Shonert to ease into retirement......25 years from now.
Butterfly Hunter
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby SOCALFB » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 pm

rvoltes5 wrote:Just to get away from the TT bashing and all the conspiracy theories out there:

A few names that I heard tossed around locally that may be interested in the job:

Anthony White - current head coach at Buena Park High School

Frank Mazzotta - current head coach at La Habra High School

Chris Reinert - current Graduate Assistant for defense at UCLA

Any thoughts on these coaches and maybe some that you have an insiders knowledge in.


Speaking of Coach White I read this today and it looks like he will be coaching the 605 All Star Game this year for the East side I believe . I am not as familiar with this game as the All Star in OC , but thought it was a different change to have a OC coach for one of the sides . I wonder if that means that more OC players and schools will be included this year ? I also wonder if this will affect the Servite job if he is actually applying or they are pursuing him ?

http://midvalleysports.com/?p=31830#more-31830
SOCALFB
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby BoscoBandWagon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 pm

can you tell me a little more about coach white at buena park and why some of you guys think he deserves a shot at servite and the trinity league. i dont know anything about him.

a look at calpreps (since it is computer generated and not biased) showed they were 6-4 last year. BUT none of the 6 wins they had were over a team with a 0.0 ranking. their most quality win was over 2-8 fullerton who had a (-0.1) ranking. they also lost to a 5-6 sonora with a 9 rating.

he has been there for 3 years as i can see. going 6-5, 8-3, 6-4 for a 20-12 record which sounds decent. but only two of those wins are teams with over a 0.0 ranking.
some of the wins have been
sunny hills 3x, katella 2x, bolsa grande 2x, estancia, la quinta 2x, costa mesa 2x.
he has had only two wins over a team with a power ranking of over 0.0 troy (15.6) and sonora (4.9) both in 2011.
so he is 18-0 vs the teams under 0.0 and 2-12 with teams over a 0.0 rating.

just to throw out there three teams in the trinity were over a 60 last year.

now i understand he will have much better players. but you are talking about a coach who is going to go from a pre-season of cerritos (who quit after 4 games), magnolia, shurr TO bishop gorman, de la salle, a utah state champ????
heaven help him. thats an entirely different world.
BoscoBandWagon
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby TheRealist01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 am

I'd hate for my first post to be negative, but I really can't stand some of the stuff I'm reading. SOCALFB your motives are somewhat transparent. You are either a BP booster, but most likely a coach. Coach White has done a great job of making BP relative. However he has done so by tireless recruiting of local talent and tireless self promotion. Just read his quote on how honored he is to coach the 605 game. The guy has made enemies with nearly every coach in North OC. Whalen, Peterson, Hastin, Caffrey, Mazzotta, Howell, Olsen, and Smilowitz are just a few coaches that can't stand him. It has nothing to do with his "enormous" success at BP. Like Bosco stated, he has really only beaten two teams that were in any way decent. He did so two years ago with 2 ringers that he brought in for that season. Christy the QB from Alaska who left BP a few weeks after the season, and Tupou whom he convinced to come to BP. Even with 4 kids getting scholarships, it took him 3OTs to be a Sonora team who lost everyone after their semi-final run. This year his only decent victory was losing to an injury decimated JSerra team. Following that he got crushed by both Sonora, Troy, and La Habra. No doubt Coach White has helped Buena Park and in no way can you take that away. But people are blinded by his constant self promotion and savior like attitude. This year BP should get second in league just based on talent alone, but we will have to see. Bottom line is Servite is not pursuing him and will not be hiring him...WHY WOULD THEY?
TheRealist01
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby spaceghostpurrp » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am

with bonuses (beating MD, doing well in league, making playoffs, making state, etc.....) Thomas made 200k give or take
spaceghostpurrp
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby rvoltes5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:can you tell me a little more about coach white at buena park and why some of you guys think he deserves a shot at servite and the trinity league. i dont know anything about him.

a look at calpreps (since it is computer generated and not biased) showed they were 6-4 last year. BUT none of the 6 wins they had were over a team with a 0.0 ranking. their most quality win was over 2-8 fullerton who had a (-0.1) ranking. they also lost to a 5-6 sonora with a 9 rating.

he has been there for 3 years as i can see. going 6-5, 8-3, 6-4 for a 20-12 record which sounds decent. but only two of those wins are teams with over a 0.0 ranking.
some of the wins have been
sunny hills 3x, katella 2x, bolsa grande 2x, estancia, la quinta 2x, costa mesa 2x.
he has had only two wins over a team with a power ranking of over 0.0 troy (15.6) and sonora (4.9) both in 2011.
so he is 18-0 vs the teams under 0.0 and 2-12 with teams over a 0.0 rating.

just to throw out there three teams in the trinity were over a 60 last year.

now i understand he will have much better players. but you are talking about a coach who is going to go from a pre-season of cerritos (who quit after 4 games), magnolia, shurr TO bishop gorman, de la salle, a utah state champ????
heaven help him. thats an entirely different world.


They almost beat JSerra last year. Heard it was a good game.
From what I hear, he turned the program around. I know most base it on W and L (which it should) but the record these last 3 years, was the best BP has had for quite some time...and it happened on Coach White's arrival.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
User avatar
rvoltes5
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby SoMelo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:23 pm

spaceghostpurrp wrote:with bonuses (beating MD, doing well in league, making playoffs, making state, etc.....) Thomas made 200k give or take

Hah ha... no he didn't
User avatar
SoMelo
 
Posts: 12373
Images: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: It's Always Sunny in Southern California

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby THETRUTH » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm

SoMelo wrote:Hah ha... no he didn't


Cracks me up what some people think coaches at these private schools are really paid.
THETRUTH
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby MDDad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm

spaceghostpurrp wrote:with bonuses (beating MD, doing well in league, making playoffs, making state, etc.....) Thomas made 200k give or take

So since he didn't beat MD in 2012, or do well in league, or make the playoffs, or make state, does that mean he coached for free?
MDDad
 
Posts: 5996
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby SOCALFB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 pm

TheRealist01 wrote:I'd hate for my first post to be negative, but I really can't stand some of the stuff I'm reading. SOCALFB your motives are somewhat transparent. You are either a BP booster, but most likely a coach. Coach White has done a great job of making BP relative. However he has done so by tireless recruiting of local talent and tireless self promotion. Just read his quote on how honored he is to coach the 605 game. The guy has made enemies with nearly every coach in North OC. Whalen, Peterson, Hastin, Caffrey, Mazzotta, Howell, Olsen, and Smilowitz are just a few coaches that can't stand him. It has nothing to do with his "enormous" success at BP. Like Bosco stated, he has really only beaten two teams that were in any way decent. He did so two years ago with 2 ringers that he brought in for that season. Christy the QB from Alaska who left BP a few weeks after the season, and Tupou whom he convinced to come to BP. Even with 4 kids getting scholarships, it took him 3OTs to be a Sonora team who lost everyone after their semi-final run. This year his only decent victory was losing to an injury decimated JSerra team. Following that he got crushed by both Sonora, Troy, and La Habra. No doubt Coach White has helped Buena Park and in no way can you take that away. But people are blinded by his constant self promotion and savior like attitude. This year BP should get second in league just based on talent alone, but we will have to see. Bottom line is Servite is not pursuing him and will not be hiring him...WHY WOULD THEY?


First off let me say it is very sad that you just had to start a account and make your only post , that is just talking bad about Coach White . I think it would be safe to say that you have something personal against him , and makes me wonder what he did to deserve the strong feelings you have ?? It is funny that all the coaches you name are in BP's league (Troy, La Habra , Fullerton, Sunny Hills) or are teams that BP has gotten a transfer or two from (Western, Savanna, Orange Lutheran,) . The biggest complaint that most of these schools have is that BP is trying to recruit some of their kids . The truth of the matter is that most of these kids live in Buena Park and have parents that went to school there , but were going to a different school because BP did not have a good football program in the past . Now that BP is doing good the kids that actually live in the area want to come to their home school and are not getting pulled over to a different school. I would also be willing to bet that if we went and talked to these coaches personally they would not have the same opinion that YOU say they have , and probably would be very pist off that there are people( or coaches as I think you are) stating their opinion for them !!

You bring up the 2011 BP team and how there were 4 scholarship kids on that team . What you didn't mention was that if Coach White was not at BP there would have been 0 scholarships in 2011. If Josh Tupou did not transfer from Orange then he would have only played offense stayed out of shape and most likely ended up at Cerritos and getting in trouble. Instead because of White he transfers to BP gets in much better shape than he ever was at Orange and plays both ways DOMINATING and earning a scholarship on defense to Colorado even though he had only played O before. The same for JJ Christy if Coach White isn't at BP Christy does not enroll there moving from Alaska . The last two are probably the best examples of Coach White and his effect , Oscar Barron and Kameron Taylor were at BP since day 1 and while both were good players without White they both probably dont go to the next level . Oscar was 6'3" 225 pounds during the spring after his junior season and was on no ones radar for recruiting . White had him put in endless hours in the weightroom , got him to every camp he could, talked to every college he could and really put in work way above any coach I have ever seen . Oscar also did his part on the field and gained 40 pounds to get to 265. He went from being on no ones radar to earning a full ride to San Jose St among other schools that offered. Kameron Taylor was also very similiar to Oscar when White got there he put on around 20 pounds of muscle from the new weight program, and was also sent to every camp, talked about to every coach , and really put in extra work. This also isn't even mentioning all the academic help and support outside of football these particular kids recieved.

On to the next point about you saying my motives are somewhat transparent . Since you are so informed what do you think my motives are . Yes you are right I do know a lot about the BP program and know many involved , but if you look at some of my other posts I also have some decent info on some other teams and players on several other teams in OC as well . Does that mean that I am a booster or coach for their team also , if so then I must be a REALLY busy guy ? The reason I posted my last post is because I am honestly trying to find out if Coach White is possibly going to leave Buena Park . While I do know some of what is going on at BP this is one subject I am in the dark about as far as if he is going to apply . I do know I heard a rumor that he was over there last week, but I could not get any solid confirmation . I personally hope he does not go to Servite as it would be a HUGE blow to the BP program , and would devastate many involved . Although I would understand if the $$ was a lot more than at BP as he has a family to take care of . I will say that regardless of what you think and your OPINION is about Coach White , that he is being considered for the job by people actually involved with the Servite program . I do know that much for sure , but beyond that I am not sure where he stands or if he even plans to apply . So your comment about bottom line Servite is not pursuing him is completely wrong , and it just sounds like someone is upset they are not on the list of coaches considered.
SOCALFB
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby TheRealist01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 pm

I love a good verbal jousting. Ahhh where to start. I truly don't want to get into a muscle flexing competition but I would bet my house that all of the aforementioned coaches have a problem with Coach White. In fact, because of my profession (not coaching anymore) I have spoken to each one of them about that exact subject, one last Friday. Some simply offered their information, others I've asked if it is true (what I hear that is). I can throw in a few more names but the ones I provided should be sufficient. Next point. You are 100% correct in that Coach White should be commended for the work he has done in getting guys like Barron and Taylor recruited. I met Oscar a few times and he was a great kid who loved Coach White. You still haven't talked about his ENORMOUS success at BP and why a school like Servite would pursue him. That is what initially sparked my disgust. You simply talked about his ability to get kids recruited, maybe he can be Servite's recruiting coordinator. Again what he has done is great at BP in that regard. Trust, if White was in consideration for the Servite job, they simply looked at his on field successes and went to the next resume. 0 playoff wins...0. Young coach and plenty of time to change that, but 0. So what credibility to be a Trinity level coach does he have? BP was struggling before he got there but they were also one of only 3 Freeway league schools to be in a CIF Championship in the 21st century (LH and Fullerton are the others). If anything Sonora's Chioti and Sunny Hills' Caffrey are more qualified...they actually have playoff victories. Sonora had its first two playoff victories in nearly 35 years under Chioti's watch. Caffrey had enormous success at Whittier Christian and was sorely missed when he left. My point is that you obviously have love for Coach White and as a BP supporter you should. But to come on here and make a profound statement like Servite is pursuing White is laughable and transparent.
TheRealist01
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby BoscoBandWagon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:30 pm

thanks for the update on coach white and his BP program.
I dont know anything about him but IMHO turning BP from a doormat to a also ran in the freeway league is not much in the ways of qualified to take over a trinity league team.

speaking as a bosco fan only (dont crucify my bosco brethern) i would be very...no extremely happy if coach white took over servite. =D>
is there anything i can do to help push this along????
BoscoBandWagon
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby OhYeaaah! » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 am

I hear there is a great workout program at BP called PTP every Saturday and coach white is using that to recruit players from other high schools. I know that because we received a invite in the mail for my nephew to check the PTP program every Saturdays at BP. I also heard from a coache that he sent emails out telling coaches that he will not be recruiting any players that are working that PTP program Saturdays, yeah....right.
OhYeaaah!
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby FriarJoe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 am

Per LA Times, Matt Logan of Corona Centennial is not a candidate. He said "I'm not going to Servite."
FriarJoe
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby spaceghostpurrp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am

MDDad wrote:So since he didn't beat MD in 2012, or do well in league, or make the playoffs, or make state, does that mean he coached for free?


no sir I clearly said ~bonuses~ so those would be on top of a base salary.....nice try tho
spaceghostpurrp
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby Sixth Man » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 am

Coach White has no chance at this job. He has a very young, inexperienced staff at BP. He has openly recruited players from the surrounding area to transfer and that has added up to more wins. But, he has a long way to go before he is ready for the Servite job. I don't know why people think it is so far fetched that Thomas made 200k. With his base pay, summer pay, and all the camps he did he had to have been close to that number. His base salary was 150k wasn't it?
Sixth Man
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:16 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby spaceghostpurrp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am

SoMelo wrote:Hah ha... no he didn't


and how do you know? I didnt know being a moderator on a forum site gave you infinite knowledge
spaceghostpurrp
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby ColSixPack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm

OhYeaaah! wrote:I hear there is a great workout program at BP called PTP every Saturday and coach white is using that to recruit players from other high schools. I know that because we received a invite in the mail for my nephew to check the PTP program every Saturdays at BP. I also heard from a coache that he sent emails out telling coaches that he will not be recruiting any players that are working that PTP program Saturdays, yeah....right.

And the Vietcong don't attack on the Tet holiday.
ColSixPack
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: New Head Coach at Servite High School is...

Postby SOCALFB » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm

TheRealist01 wrote:I love a good verbal jousting. Ahhh where to start. I truly don't want to get into a muscle flexing competition but I would bet my house that all of the aforementioned coaches have a problem with Coach White. In fact, because of my profession (not coaching anymore) I have spoken to each one of them about that exact subject, one last Friday. Some simply offered their information, others I've asked if it is true (what I hear that is). I can throw in a few more names but the ones I provided should be sufficient. Next point. You are 100% correct in that Coach White should be commended for the work he has done in getting guys like Barron and Taylor recruited. I met Oscar a few times and he was a great kid who loved Coach White. You still haven't talked about his ENORMOUS success at BP and why a school like Servite would pursue him. That is what initially sparked my disgust. You simply talked about his ability to get kids recruited, maybe he can be Servite's recruiting coordinator. Again what he has done is great at BP in that regard. Trust, if White was in consideration for the Servite job, they simply looked at his on field successes and went to the next resume. 0 playoff wins...0. Young coach and plenty of time to change that, but 0. So what credibility to be a Trinity level coach does he have? BP was struggling before he got there but they were also one of only 3 Freeway league schools to be in a CIF Championship in the 21st century (LH and Fullerton are the others). If anything Sonora's Chioti and Sunny Hills' Caffrey are more qualified...they actually have playoff victories. Sonora had its first two playoff victories in nearly 35 years under Chioti's watch. Caffrey had enormous success at Whittier Christian and was sorely missed when he left. My point is that you obviously have love for Coach White and as a BP supporter you should. But to come on here and make a profound statement like Servite is pursuing White is laughable and transparent.


Ok to start let me be very clear that I never said that Coach White was the most qualfied candidate for the Servite job . If you think I did please pull up the post so you can refresh my memory ? My only posts ever on this subject about White were when I named every coach I had heard was a possibilty, another when I was asking if he and another coach were seen on campus as I was told and trying to get confirmation , and my last where I mentioned 605 game and if it would affect him if he was applying, and of course our debate . If I am being honest I would agree with you and others that he is very young , needs some playoff wins, and maybe a league title before he would be considered a major on the field success .

With that being said I think a lot of what makes Coach White a great football coach and makes him a candidate for high level jobs is what he does off the football field . Don't get me wrong he is a really good on the field coach , but there are several coaches in the area at his same level and them some elite coaches that are at a level above that comes with 20-30 years of experience . He will be there someday I believe but right now just doesn't have the years under his belt.

But he is one of the best coaches I have ever seen in the we will call it "PR" area . You already confirmed that he does a great job at helping kids get to the next level . As we all know whether it is realistic or not most parents of athletes have the dreams and hopes of their kid getting a scholarship , especially the more talented the athlete is . I know you will say the same thing I am thinking that any parent that thinks like that and is not putting the kids education and grades first when choosing a school have their priorities all messed up . Unfortunatlely whether they admit it or not there are many that will choose a school just based on how much a coach or program in whole can do to get them to the next level . It is just the plain simple truth , and these parents are on a whole different level when it comes Trinity teams as everyone thinks their kid is scholarship worthy even the 4th string JV players .

White also runs a year round program that covers many area's of a athletes life some of which has nothing to do with football . Just to throw out some of the things I know about are the weekly grade checks , mandatory tutoring if grades are suffering , academic bootcamp ect... He has the team do year round volunteer work at several locations that is mandatory to play on the team . During the offseason will bring in different motivational , life lesson speakers , pro athletes , music artists , ect.. to speak to the kids on days the have off lifting . I am not sure if you have ever heard Coach White do any public speaking but the man can talk very well , and if he wanted to could possibly be a politician . He has no problem talking to parents or anyone else and is always open to do so at anytime . He really builds a family atmosphere for those boys and all have his direct cell phone # and he gets many calls that he answers at 1 am ect.. . His program teaches the players about respect, discipline , and hard work , and how those traits will help them in life outside of football . He also is very flexible and willing to work with administration to do it their way . I could go on with more things that he does off the field , and how he has many connections in different areas , but I think you get my point .

I think that these are some of the reasons that he was a possible candidate for the Servite job and not so much what his record on the field was . I again think his odds of actually getting the job would be very slim at best because of the on field experience he would be up against . I know you don't even think that he was or is even a consideration , but again the facts are that he was whether anyone agrees or not . To end this all I have talked to several BP players today personally , and their comment was that Coach White had spoken to some of them and their parents today about the rumors that he was going to apply at Servite . He assured them he is not applying at Servite and is very happy at BP and does not plan on going anywhere .
SOCALFB
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am
PreviousNext



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to High School

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests

User Control Panel

Who is online

In total there are 8 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden, 0 bots and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 301 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:22 am

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests