Actual servite head job thread

Actual servite head job thread

Postby credofriar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello all,

I was turned onto this board from some of our parents that frequent here and I figured with SOOO much misinformation I will post a little clarification. I am somebody involved with the hiring of the new coach and wanted to set the record straight. As well I will not discuss names of other coaches involved. This is more so for our own fans/ players that I have talked to and they seen to have plenty of theories most found on this board.

Last weekend we found out we lost our head coach Troy Thomas to his alma mater Crespi. We wish him well. He was not fired and left on good turns as far as we are concerned.

We do not have anybody in place to take over the program on staff so we are opening up the job to a national search. We do not have any front runners at this time.

Here is an update on the search:

We are accepting applications until Thurs April 4th. Some coaches have come by our campus and dropped off their resume, which is a good idea. We can then put a face to a name. None of the coaches that have been seen on campus have "been invited", nor will they be until April 12th which is the first day of interviews. Any news of so and so was seen on our campus would be those said coaches turning in their applications as no interviews or tours of the facilities will be available to potential applicants until the 12th of April.

Interviews start on April 12th and will run through April 23rd. We plan on doing a lot of interviews. Mostly because we want to get the right "Servite Fit" but also we are being given many names of potential head coaches.
We will most likely have three rounds of interviews. The first round we plan on interviewing 25 or so applicants. To be honest with you about 5 of those are actual applicants the other 20 or so are names being given to us that will get interviews because of their connections. We have already been given names and numbers of coaches (who most we have already called) with connections to boosters/funders of the school that we need to keep happy. Let’s call these guy's political interviews. We will then have 1 maybe 2 more rounds until again we find the right "Servite Fit".
Some great coaches have been throw out on this board and some will come interview. What these guys have achieved at their schools is incredible and should be commended. We again will be looking for the best fit at Servite for what we expect out of our head coach. They may or may not be Coach "X" from so and so.

There is no front runner. We have been given many names and have already made many calls. A few of the names mentioned here have already been called but said they were not interested because of such a late hire date and/or because of salary, benefits, retirement it would not be in their families best interest to take the job.
Also a few names have been mentioned that just recently have accepted head coaching jobs elsewhere, those guys will not be contacted because we do not think it is right to go after somebody who just took another job although this was talked about.

The process will be over Friday April 26th when we announce our next head coach who will hopefully lead Servite for many years to come as we compete in the incredible Trinity League.

Thank You
credofriar

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby Notorious » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm

1. I'm glad that Troy left on good "turns", hopefully on his next turn he will use it to fortify Austrailia so he doesn't risk being caught with his pants caught down.

2. This is entire post is sad, because either you're lying and attempting to save Servite from some embarrassment on this board or you're telling the truth, which is equally sad. What the hell would anyone involved in this hiring process care about what a bunch of nobodies (literally) say on a random message board. The fact that someone at Servite would need to address this would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Notorious

Postby LanceSterling » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 am

Hello all,

I was turned onto this board from some of our parents that frequent here and I figured with SOOO much misinformation I will post a little clarification. I am somebody involved with the hiring of the new coach and wanted to set the record straight. As well I will not discuss names of other coaches involved. This is more so for our own fans/ players that I have talked to and they seen to have plenty of theories most found on this board.

I believe the word you are looking for is "seem" but I also believe Noto, in a rare and unique moment, is correct in his post.

Those that know ain't saying.
LanceSterling

Postby SoMelo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:13 am

Yeah.. I call BS, you've posted NOTHING that hasn't already been posted on the school's website.
SoMelo

Postby THETRUTH » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 am

SoMelo wrote:Yeah.. I call BS, you've posted NOTHING that hasn't already been posted on the school's website.

I agree 100% and the reason why is that just a few years ago the new board of directors which was put in place issued a directive to conduct all hiring practices with fairness and confidentiality. The above posting goes against that practice. The school is not going to conduct interviews with anyone it does not see as a viable candidate because it thinks it needs to do so to please some booster.

There is no doubt that there will be individuals who think they have contacted the next coach and has the "juice" to push this application through, that in itself would violate Servites current hiring practices. Is this type of foolishness isolated to Servite, no. An example of this would be the last time it was rumored Thomas was headed to Crespi and a dollar figure offer was mentioned on many sports boards. The truth was that the Crespi administration had not even offered a dollar figure in its conversations to that point with Troy Thomas.
THETRUTH

Postby socalfootballfan » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 am

This is all a smoke screen!

We all know that EDAC is the next head coach at Servite so **** :giggle:
socalfootballfan

Postby SoMelo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 am

Not true... I have it from a reliable source Steve Fryer is a front runner.. :wink:
SoMelo

Postby MDDad » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 am

socalfootballfan wrote:This is all a smoke screen!

We all know that EDAC is the next head coach at Servite so **** :giggle:

Eddie doesn't have the experience to be the next Servite head coach, but he will certainly be the leader of the next conclave to select one.
MDDad

Postby footyfan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am

:lol: Credofriar should be fired if he/she is really involved in the hiring process... unprofessional, anyone?
footyfan

Postby rvoltes5 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I can't believe I'm siding with Noto on this one...
What is the world coming too??
#-o
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
rvoltes5

Postby credofriar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 am

Thank you for the grammar check. I will try to re-read my posts in the future. The few posts I have read on here all seem to have such proper grammar, punctuation and don’t let me forget the incredible respect for other humans. :shrug:

You don't have to believe what I say. I was just trying to inform some of our students/parents that read this incredibly misinformed board.

I did not mention any names PURPOSELY. I could have said "yes, so and so" was on campus but I did not. That would be a violation. Just like another poster said I did not mention anything not already released by the Servite admin. Just mentioned that YES some prospective head coaches have been seen on campus but only to drop off their resumes.

You can try to discredit my post all you want. I am not trying to appease the masses. I have already heard buzz around the school about my post since finally somebody has told the kids the process. They have all heard it's Coach X's job or Coach Y's job. I was trying to explain that no matter what you here no decision has even been made about who is coming in for an interview let alone whose job it is. What if they don't do well at the interview or prove to not be "Servite material"? Those things do matter more than previous record at school "J". Unfortunately some are still looking to a quicker solution or looking to transfer.

As for the process itself...YES keeping board members/funders happy IS very important. Just ask Dave Lawn, who according to a Steve Fryer blog "JSerra announced that Dave Lawn resigned as athletic director to pursue baseball coaching opportunities, although Lawn indicated this was not his choice but would not go into details." Yes JSerra announced he resigned as athletic director with two months of school left to pursue baseball coaching opportunities when the MLB, college and high school season have already started??? If you know Dave ask him what happened. AGAIN YES keeping board members happy is very important at a private school like Servite. Why do you think the announcement went out we are conducting interviews from April 12 to April 23rd? 11 days to interview for a high school head coach is a long time if you guys don’t know the process. ESPECIALLY long since many members of this message board already know who it is.

Feel free to find errors in my post. Then go bad to your petty name calling, arguments and gossip about high school athletes who most are under 18. Especially since that seems to raise your own self-esteem.
Thank you.
credofriar

Postby SoMelo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:51 am

I was on campus yesterday and saw Coach Negro groveling for the job. All the other interested coaches have emailed their resumes ..
SoMelo

Postby THETRUTH » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 am

credofriar wrote:Thank you for the grammar check. I will try to re-read my posts in the future. The few posts I have read on here all seem to have such proper grammar, punctuation and don’t let me forget the incredible respect for other humans. :shrug:

You don't have to believe what I say. I was just trying to inform some of our students/parents that read this incredibly misinformed board.

I did not mention any names PURPOSELY. I could have said "yes, so and so" was on campus but I did not. That would be a violation. Just like another poster said I did not mention anything not already released by the Servite admin. Just mentioned that YES some prospective head coaches have been seen on campus but only to drop off their resumes.

You can try to discredit my post all you want. I am not trying to appease the masses. I have already heard buzz around the school about my post since finally somebody has told the kids the process. They have all heard it's Coach X's job or Coach Y's job. I was trying to explain that no matter what you here no decision has even been made about who is coming in for an interview let alone whose job it is. What if they don't do well at the interview or prove to not be "Servite material"? Those things do matter more than previous record at school "J". Unfortunately some are still looking to a quicker solution or looking to transfer.

As for the process itself...YES keeping board members/funders happy IS very important. Just ask Dave Lawn, who according to a Steve Fryer blog "JSerra announced that Dave Lawn resigned as athletic director to pursue baseball coaching opportunities, although Lawn indicated this was not his choice but would not go into details." Yes JSerra announced he resigned as athletic director with two months of school left to pursue baseball coaching opportunities when the MLB, college and high school season have already started??? If you know Dave ask him what happened. AGAIN YES keeping board members happy is very important at a private school like Servite. Why do you think the announcement went out we are conducting interviews from April 12 to April 23rd? 11 days to interview for a high school head coach is a long time if you guys don’t know the process. ESPECIALLY long since many members of this message board already know who it is.

Feel free to find errors in my post. Then go bad to your petty name calling, arguments and gossip about high school athletes who most are under 18. Especially since that seems to raise your own self-esteem.
Thank you.

Blah, Blah, Blah!
THETRUTH

Postby SoMelo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm

*****Just Tweeted****
Eric Sondheimer sending in resume for head coach job at Servite

signed,
Credo
SoMelo

Re: jimmy kemmis, linfield Christian

Postby DogABone » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 am

jimmy kemmis, linfield Christian high, temecula

-built a Christ centered team to an undeafeated, cif winning squad in 2009

-ie / southwest riverside county connections

if he hasn't expressed interest, it might be a good idea to reach out and encourage him to at least interview.

...and yes, i know how small linfields league, opponents and division where...but i'm sure if it was just records servite is interested and sos, there wouldn't be an interview process.

jimmy kemmis might be one of the best Christ centered coaches no one's talking about.

source for below article http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/apr ... e-seasons/

PREP FOOTBALL: Kemmis resigns after five seasons at Linfield
By The Californian 9:51 p.m.April 8, 2011

Linfield Christian football coach Jimmy Kemmis has resigned from that post, athletic director Drake Charles said, barely 16 months after he led the Lions to their first CIF Southern Section championship.

Kemmis, a Linfield grad, leaves the program after a 40-20 record in five seasons. In 2009, Kemmis led Linfield to a 14-0 record and the only section championship in school history with a 9-6 victory over Arcadia Rio Hondo Prep in the Northeast Division final on a mud-soaked Covina District Stadium field.

Kemmis said he resigned because his position as the Assistant Director of Student Life was eliminated.

"I definitely wanted to be at Linfield for another 20 years," Kemmis said by phone late Friday night. "But when it became obvious the position wouldn't be there I felt like I had to pull the trigger and resign."

Kemmis added: "It's not what I wanted. But it is best for the boys involved."

In a statement, Linfield athletic director Drake Charles wrote that he received Kemmis' resignation on Tuesday.

"He has left a permanent imprint on the hearts, mind and souls of the many young men who will forever call him, 'Coach Kemmis,'" Charles wrote. "These are the trophies that count, the ones that last forever."

Reached later by phone, Charles said "We will miss Jimmy Kemmis tremendously."

Charles did not give a timetable for hiring a replacement in his statement or by phone but said that replacing Kemmis was on the top of his list.

"It's obviously a high priority to replace him," Charles said.

Kemmis became the sixth high school football coach to resign in Southwest Riverside County. Along with Kemmis, Dennis Gregovich of Hamilton, Tom Leach of Chaparral, Jason Thornburg at West Valley, Mike Schroeder of Tahquitz and Trevor Watters of Lakeside have all departed since the end of the 2010 season.
DogABone

Postby porkchop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 am

I hope they do a better job hiring a football coach than they did hiring a basketball coach. That guy was an asst golf coach and guarded the parking lot. He had no experience. Then again servites asst ad never played a sport in his life so how would he know what to do? The school is riding on this hire,hopefully they make the right one or else the number of students will be down along with the revenue
porkchop

Postby inflagrantedelicto » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:52 am

porkchop wrote:I hope they do a better job hiring a football coach than they did hiring a basketball coach. That guy was an asst golf coach and guarded the parking lot. He had no experience. Then again servites asst ad never played a sport in his life so how would he know what to do? The school is riding on this hire,hopefully they make the right one or else the number of students will be down along with the revenue

...that's too funny. my kid used to tell me that the students always wondered what his job was. he lurked around campus, but never really had any real duties. anyone know what his function is?
Percussus Resurgo
inflagrantedelicto

Postby porkchop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 am

Some how he fooled them into thinking he could coach basketball. Then he went and hired all his friends as asst coaches, they had no experience either,its a joke. Not many people like him, and after the stories i heard i cant blame them. Servite doesnt really care about the bb program for some reason.
porkchop

Postby ventura » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Re the new hire, I keep thinking an announcement is imminent. I know they want to be diligent, but isn't it getting kind of late? I wonder if there is a short list at this time.

Also, is Servite's preseason set in stone? I know Crespi has finalized playing Bishop Gorman for two years. They wouldn't have taken Servite's slated spot, would they have? I would not envy a new HC with the preseason he set up.

Thomas also purportedly got a game with Vista Murrietta. I think one of Mack's problems in league stemmed from not enough top competition beforehand. Not gonna happen with Troy. Crespi has Westlake, BG, and VM.
ventura

Postby joefutbol » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Head job? Really?
joefutbol

Next

Return to High School