Actual servite head job thread

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby porkchop » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 am

Thats interesting,ghogh you are one of the parents with no toughness.figures!
porkchop
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby GHOGH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

ventura wrote:Ghogh - the memory is bad, but weren't you the guy riding Thomas for years? Wanting him to leave?

I thought sure you were a giant TT detractor. If so, it's funny that you'd jump all over him when you got what you wanted.

I read these threads and wonder if the parents are anything like some of these posters. Actually, some of these posters are parents. And I wonder, however much a coach loves the game, how it's worth the time and the money to deal with all the sh..t. And why coaches losing it and clocking idiot parents doesn't happen, regularly.


Years meaning this last season yes I am. And as farbas him CLOCKING me goood luck. Id doesnt take a rocket scienctist to figure out he went limp this year especially if he were playing seniors because of parents.
GHOGH
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby GHOGH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am

porkchop wrote:Thats interesting,ghogh you are one of the parents with no toughness.figures!


Porkchop if your idea of toughness is kissibg TT a$$ your right. Ive said before I for one liked how he trained the kids but throwing in the towel on purpose is a different story. He was a BUM this past season. Anyone who went to any game knew we were not going to win when he intentially didnt play his better skill players, for seniors who had not reason to be on the field. Look at the play calling look at the backfiels for league no charlie no andrew = no wins simple math. Your tough cause your as blind as anyone who thought he put his best coaching foot forward. Servite with any other HC would have won double the games but when you sabotoage your team you have no chance. Just the players he played tells me he didnt want to win .
GHOGH
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby GHOGH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:07 pm

porkchop wrote:Thats interesting,ghogh you are one of the parents with no toughness.figures!


Oh and the year before, charlie offer from utah, andrew all state sophomor team = no playing time thats what I call a coach who wants to win! Thats tough?
GHOGH
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby Lionhunter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:14 pm

GHOGH wrote:
Porkchop if your idea of toughness is kissibg TT a$$ your right. Ive said before I for one liked how he trained the kids but throwing in the towel on purpose is a different story. He was a BUM this past season. Anyone who went to any game knew we were not going to win when he intentially didnt play his better skill players, for seniors who had not reason to be on the field. Look at the play calling look at the backfiels for league no charlie no andrew = no wins simple math. Your tough cause your as blind as anyone who thought he put his best coaching foot forward. Servite with any other HC would have won double the games but when you sabotoage your team you have no chance. Just the players he played tells me he didnt want to win .
Gough, there's a big hole in your theory that TT played "seniors who had not reason to be on the field." Charlie, who you say did not play enough, is a senior...and the kid who did start at the end is a junior. Also, All of his starting skill players on offense were underclassmen: Brown, Lopoccola, Waller, Difilippo, St, Brown.

Your better arguments are that Charlie and Andrew were not used enough, and that ousting the O Coordinator after game #2, (a win), was a huge mistake.

I'm not sure another HC would have done much better in term of W/L record. The talent level was down that year, and the schedule, as always was a killer.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
User avatar
Lionhunter
 
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby ExRep » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Lionhunter wrote:

Your better arguments are that Charlie and Andrew were not used enough, and that ousting the O Coordinator after game #2, (a win), was a huge mistake.

I'm not sure another HC would have done much better in term of W/L record. The talent level was down that year, and the schedule, as always was a killer.



Lionhunter...

How are you doing?...Well, I hope.

It's amusing how opinion becomes theory, then becomes fact, and then becomes a line in the sand that posters fight to the death over...well, maybe not to the death. But namecalling ensues and vitriol flows when, in essence, few really know a damn thing about the events and realities of which they speak.

I attended every game last season but one. Our boys were largely outmatched by teams that were bigger, more experienced and possessed some outstanding receivers and quarterbacks.

I don't know why TT dumped the OC after the second game (I thought it was the first game), but I do understand that TT felt that he could coach any and all positions better than any other coach. He blamed the losses on the OC and the quarterback (Pauu) and removed both. But this merely was indicative of a creeping mediocrity that had begun to seep into the coaching organization under TT's management. The Servite coaching staff under Thomas had almost as short a lifespan as a machinegunner on the Western Front in 1918. Couple this with the fall-off in talent and size and last season couldn't have been much better.

I don't think TT sabotaged last season...why would he do that? It simply would not look good on the resume and a losing season would certainly reduce any leverage to press for a higher salary at Servite or anywhere else. It may have looked as if there was some intelligent design to the losses, but the offensive playcalling was atrocious and was predictable and looked seat-of-the-pants , the kids did not appear to be well trained to execute the plays, and the general flow and game strategy was haphazard. How sad.

Under Thomas the Servite football program ran out of gas in so many ways. It will fall to the next head coach to rebuild the program with intelligent and less ego-centered management.

Of course.....all of the above is strictly my opinion.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
ExRep
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby outsider70 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Ex rep that post was outstanding. Last year was such a drop it was stunning in every way. I am not a Servite guy, but when they had this good years it was great for OC high school football.

Lets hope they can get back to that level soon.
outsider70
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby Lionhunter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 am

ExRep wrote:
Lionhunter...

How are you doing?...Well, I hope.

Ex
Ex,
Good to see you posting again. I'm good, and hope you are well too. Great post...I agree with your take on things. Hopefully better days are ahead.

LH
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
User avatar
Lionhunter
 
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 am

Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby FriarJoe » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 am

Anyone know anything. All I know is over 70 applicants and that some of the current assistants have applied. Curious if anyone else knows anything.
FriarJoe
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby THETRUTH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:21 am

I think the fact that people do not know speaks volumes for the process and is in everyone's best interest, not to mention no one can start another BS thread on how they played a roll in the hiring, that is until the hired coach has a bad year. Anyone can say want they want about Thomas, but, go back and count how many Trinity League playoff spots and League championships has each school earned thus far!
THETRUTH
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby Tenacious » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Interviews held the 12th thru 23rd with an annoucement the 26th. Friday, it begins. I used italics in what I thought were interesting requirements for the next coach.

The Servite Varsity Head Football Coach will ensure that the primary focus of the football program is the formation of young men within the Servite tradition through the pursuit of excellence in football.

The Servite Varsity Head Football Coach is expected to:
Conduct an ethical program with integrity
Actively engage the Servite Formation Program in their coaching strategies
Lead an integrated program for all levels of competition
Encourage multi-sport athletes
Achieve success on the field
Tenacious
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby THETRUTH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Tenacious wrote:Interviews held the 12th thru 23rd with an annoucement the 26th. Friday, it begins. I used italics in what I thought were interesting requirements for the next coach.

The Servite Varsity Head Football Coach will ensure that the primary focus of the football program is the formation of young men within the Servite tradition through the pursuit of excellence in football.

The Servite Varsity Head Football Coach is expected to:
Conduct an ethical program with integrity
Actively engage the Servite Formation Program in their coaching strategies
Lead an integrated program for all levels of competition
Encourage multi-sport athletes
Achieve success on the field


I would think everyone hired there would be given similar requirement., I would not try and read more than that into it. You make my above point though, your just trying to make something out of nothing, honestly!
THETRUTH
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby Tenacious » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
I would think everyone hired there would be given similar requirement., I would not try and read more than that into it. You make my above point though, your just trying to make something out of nothing, honestly!


Good. Just checking...
Tenacious
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby THETRUTH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Tenacious wrote:
Good. Just checking...



Haha, how lame, like you matter. Two good friends going back years run the school and I am gald I do not matter, doing what is best for the kids and not adults is what matters!
THETRUTH
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby ExRep » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Tenacious wrote:Interviews held the 12th thru 23rd with an annoucement the 26th. Friday, it begins. I used italics in what I thought were interesting requirements for the next coach.

The Servite Varsity Head Football Coach will ensure that the primary focus of the football program is the formation of young men within the Servite tradition through the pursuit of excellence in football.

The Servite Varsity Head Football Coach is expected to:
Conduct an ethical program with integrity
Actively engage the Servite Formation Program in their coaching strategies
Lead an integrated program for all levels of competition
Encourage multi-sport athletes
Achieve success on the field


Tenacious

I wonder if these expectations, indeed, requirements of the job, were presented to the applicants for the Head Coach position in 2005? These written requirements list the areas in which Thomas was found lacking to one degree or another.....except "success on the field".

In essence the stress on the "Formation" theme is a reflection of what all employees of the school are required to actively support.

Strictly my opinion....of course.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
ExRep
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby THETRUTH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:28 pm

ExRep wrote:
Tenacious

I wonder if these expectations, indeed, requirements of the job, were presented to the applicants for the Head Coach position in 2005? These written requirements list the areas in which Thomas was found lacking to one degree or another.....except "success on the field".

In essence the stress on the "Formation" theme is a reflection of what all employees of the school are required to actively support.

Strictly my opinion....of course.

Ex


My opinion is you are full of hot air, please tell me what athlete did Thomas ever tell not to go out for another sport. I personally witnessed him reach out to kids that couldn't put a pair of shoulder pads on because they were to un-coordinated. He led the program, looked after each level. He was ethical, sorry, again, you are full of hot air!
THETRUTH
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby ExRep » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:45 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
My opinion is you are full of hot air, please tell me what athlete did Thomas ever tell not to go out for another sport. I personally witnessed him reach out to kids that couldn't put a pair of shoulder pads on because they were to un-coordinated. He led the program, looked after each level. He was ethical, sorry, again, you are full of hot air!


Truth...

There you go again.....You are such a nice, amiable person. A bit of a pest, though.
I won't debate your opinion...and that is all it is.

After a walk in the woods I always check for ticks. All to often I find one or two.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
ExRep
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby THETRUTH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Give me a break, I have never claimed any different, You Maybe need to go fold some t-shirts, they look messy, should we hire a new Campus store person, there have been complaints. Maybe each person in that department should be fired?

Of course not, not my job, get the hint!
THETRUTH
 
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Servite Head Coach Candidates?

Postby joefutbol » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:34 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
My opinion is you are full of hot air, please tell me what athlete did Thomas ever tell not to go out for another sport. I personally witnessed him reach out to kids that couldn't put a pair of shoulder pads on because they were to un-coordinated. He led the program, looked after each level. He was ethical, sorry, again, you are full of hot air!


You must not have spent much time around him.
joefutbol
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am

Re: Actual servite head job thread

Postby RareSteakMan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 am

2 words: Ed Drzanek

bring him back.

glory days coming.

FORMATION
RareSteakMan
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 pm
PreviousNext



Return to High School

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests



User Control Panel

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 301 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:22 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests