First Charges filed by Mueller

Professor Fate

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Wabash wrote:Source of the post The heightened level of vitriol only tells me Mueller is on to something.

The so called nothingburger seems to be adding calories by the day.

I'm starting to worry about you, Wabash. You get all excited about every tiny little thing, that might lead to some other tiny little thing, that sure looks like somebody is on to something, that might indicate somebody may be thinking they know something...and still, here we are, almost a year into the Trump presidency, and Trump is still no where close to being anything more than annoyed by the whole thing. Are we gonna have to put you on suicide watch if Trump doesn't fall?

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Don't worry about me.

Investigations take time.

The Watergate investigation took 16 months.
The Warren Commission took about a year.
Ken Starr's fishing expedition took 4 years.
Benghazi went on for four years.

Mueller has barely been at it a little over six months. And has two guilty pleas.

Given the reactions of the players so far, they give every indication they are hiding something.

Patience, Grasshopper.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 am

Trump legal team readies attack on Flynn’s credibility

President Trump’s legal team plans to cast former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn as a liar seeking to protect himself if he accuses the president or his senior aides of any wrongdoing, according to three people familiar with the strategy.

The approach would mark a sharp break from Trump’s previously sympathetic posture toward Flynn, whom he called a “wonderful man” when Flynn was ousted from the White House in February. Earlier this month, the president did not rule out a possible pardon for Flynn, who is cooperating with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Attorneys for Trump and his top advisers have privately expressed confidence that Flynn does not have any evidence that could implicate the president or his White House team. But since Flynn’s cooperation agreement with prosecutors was made public earlier this month, the administration has been strategizing how to neutralize him in case the former national security adviser does make any claims.

This just gets better and better.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Why do I see Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football every time I read a Wabash post?
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:07 pm

There is discussion that Mueller is getting ready to issue superseding indictment against Manafort. I'm not sure why you have that belief.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post Why do I see Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football every time I read a Wabash post?

I've said the same thing. He's going to snap one of these days. If Trump doesn't get impeached, this will be Wabash:
:throw:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Hahaha....Trump exceeds my expectations very day.

I want him to keep doing what he's doing.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post this will be Wabash:

That's more like you in every thread about Trump or Mater Dei
"Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it.”
Mike Pence

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:55 pm

@realDonaldTrump
The single greatest Witch Hunt in American history continues. There was no collusion, everybody including the Dems knows there was no collusion, & yet on and on it goes. Russia & the world is laughing at the stupidity they are witnessing. Republicans should finally take control!

7:14 AM - Jan 10, 2018

You gotta love Chuckie Grassley's response

Asked by CNN's Manu Raju about the tweet, Grassley said, "I don't know what the President has in mind, and I don't think I better comment until I have a discussion with the President on that point, and I don't intend to have a discussion with the President on that point, and I hope he doesn't call me and tell me the same thing that you said he said."
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politics/ ... index.html

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Russia & the world is laughing at the stupidity they are witnessing

I don't think he does himself any favors by pointing this out
"Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it.”
Mike Pence

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 am

I want to know what a guy who's genetically incapable of telling the truth could possibly be thinking in (maybe) agreeing to talk to Mueller under oath. Ty Cobb says :shock:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm

He has not even a whit of a whiff of a clue of what he's getting into...if he can't work out a deal then he'll be subpoenaed and forced to answer questions under oath with no lawyer present...they'll need a stopwatch to see how long it takes for him to string himself up
Mike Pence

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 pm

I don't think a president can be subpoenaed or forced to answer questions, oath or no oath, lawyer or no lawyer. But he is stupid enough and in love with himself enough that he might walk into it on his own.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:40 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post I don't think a president can be subpoenaed or forced to answer questions, oath or no oath, lawyer or no lawyer.

You're probably right about that, but if Congress wants him to testify he'll either agree to it or they'll find a way to oust him.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:14 am

"Suppose the president’s lawyers told Mueller, “It’s written responses to questions or nothing — take it or leave it.” Mueller would then have two options: agree, or subpoena the president to the grand jury. There is a familiar precedent for the latter: Independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr subpoenaed President Bill Clinton, who testified for several hours before a grand jury via video and audio link about his affair with Monica Lewinsky. But it’s possible Trump would not agree to comply and his lawyers would mount a constitutional challenge to the subpoena of a sitting president. That could delay Mueller’s investigation for months.

On the other hand, the president’s lawyers must consider that during a voluntary interview they can at least be in the room and participate. If Mueller called their bluff and subpoenaed the president and he ended up in the grand jury, prosecutors could examine him under oath with no defense attorney present...

...An additional consideration for the defense will be whether the president should invoke his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent in response to a subpoena or an interview request. Again, in normal times that would seem like political suicide, but in our current political environment, who knows?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-we-know-about-trumps-potential-testimony-in-the-mueller-probe/2018/01/09/8b9bb538-f4da-11e7-b34a-b85626af34ef_story.html?utm_term=.1b73163be17e

So it's pick your poison. All the recent coordinated smearing of Muellar by Republicans and right-wing media looks like an attempt to soften the ground enough for Trump to politically survive taking the Fifth...
Mike Pence

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 am

I hope he does take the fifth.

'If you're innocent, why are you taking the 5th?'
--Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post
You're probably right about that, but if Congress wants him to testify he'll either agree to it or they'll find a way to oust him.
JQP is right, and you are dreaming. You and Wabash need to get used to disappointment.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post On the other hand, the president’s lawyers must consider that during a voluntary interview they can at least be in the room and participate. If Mueller called their bluff and subpoenaed the president and he ended up in the grand jury, prosecutors could examine him under oath with no defense attorney present...

Again, only a fool would agree to meet in person if they don't need to. Having said that, Trump is a fool in some ways, but his lawyers will talk him out of it. He may accept written questions, however his lawyers will help him identify the hidden dangers in each of those, and will guide him in his responses.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Again, only a fool would agree to meet in person if they don't need to.

Which Trump said he'd do.

So does that make him more of a fool or a liar? In his case, that's a fine line.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Or he changed his mind. How could you miss that possibility? Because it just doesn't serve your purpose, does it?

Return to “National”