First Charges filed by Mueller

MDDad

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby MDDad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm

When questions are forwarded in writing, they often contain some very big words. Trump needs to be very careful in whom he chooses to read them to him.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Amen! :lol:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:15 pm

I'm not disappointed. IMO he has a Hobson's choice. Testify and he'll look foolish. Don't testify and look like you're hiding something.
Last edited by Wabash on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post He may accept written questions, however his lawyers will help him identify the hidden dangers in each of those, and will guide him in his responses

He and his lawyers would love to have that chance, but it's not their choice...Muellar is calling the shots
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Wrong.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Yes, you are. Muellar decides how this investigation is conducted, not Trump and his minions.
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 am

And the Russia issue continues.

FBI investigating whether Russian money went to NRA to help Trump

WASHINGTON

The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency, two sources familiar with the matter have told McClatchy.

FBI counterintelligence investigators have focused on the activities of Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank who is known for his close relationships with both Russian President Vladimir Putin and the NRA, the sources said.

It is illegal to use foreign money to influence federal elections.

It’s unclear how long the Torshin inquiry has been ongoing, but the news comes as Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sweeping investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, including whether the Kremlin colluded with Trump’s campaign, has been heating up.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 pm

A history lesson.
Attachments
Teflon Don.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:19 pm

@ironstowe needs to learn some grammar.

broman

Postby broman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Trump is talking again....

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he was “looking forward” to speaking to federal prosecutors as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into ties between his 2016 campaign and Russia, adding that he would be willing to testify under oath.

“I’m looking forward to it, actually,” the president said when pressed on the matter, according to audio released by CNN and MSNBC. Trump added that a sit-down would be “subject to my lawyers.”

Pressed on whether he’d speak to investigators under oath, Trump combatively questioned whether Hillary Clinton, his campaign rival, had been interviewed under oath.

“Did Hillary do it under oath?” Trump replied, repeatedly asking reporters. “She didn’t do it under oath, but I would do it under oath.” :roll:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... 4?lo=ap_b1

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 pm

If Trump testifies under oath to Mueller, he's loco. They have nothing on him, and this is nothing more than a perjury trap to catch him contradicting himself. Written questions only, or take the Fifth.

broman

Postby broman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:17 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post They have nothing on him

You got a lot a faith in this man....

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 pm

This guy will carry his obsession with Hillary to the grave. :roll:

Nobody but Muellar knows what Muellar has on Trump. His focus is likely on the Obstruction of Justice angle and there is already plenty of evidence for that in the public domain without even considering what Flynn, Bannon, Sessions, Trump Jr., etc. might have let slip.

Add in the Comey memos and he probably already has a case without even talking to Trump.
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 pm

We'll see, but keep in mind that Comey ultimately worked for Trump, and Trump could legally fire him with or without cause.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm

My favorite part of this whole thing is that even if you Democrats were to get your wish and Trump is toast, you'd still get a conservative Republican administration, and you'd have to face a 2020 candidate more likely to be reelected than Trump. \:D/

And it probably wouldn't happen until after Jan 20, 2019, so the new Republican President would be eligible to run for two terms of his own, theoretically not leaving office until January of 2029.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

broman

Postby broman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:44 pm

True, but he can't stop a criminal investigation. As he said he wanted "protection" they way Holder "protected" Obama.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Professor Fate wrote:keep in mind that Comey ultimately worked for Trump, and Trump could legally fire him with or without cause

Except he already declared on national TV that he fired him because of the Russia investigation

Professor Fate wrote:...you'd have to face a 2020 candidate more likely to be reelected than Trump

You're joking, right? Pence has all the charisma of a week-old tuna melt
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 pm

The guy's incapable of telling the truth. I'd say I can't imagine what he's thinking but I don't think he's capable of that, either.

Bone spurs, Don, bone spurs. Maybe that'll work.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:24 pm

I honestly am worried about you guys. All that stress and anger and hatred has got to be doing some damage to your bodies. Please, I sincerely hope you do some deep breathing exercises every night, because, while I oppose most of what you guys say, I still don't want to hear that any of you croaked from a stroke or heart attack.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm willing to bet Trump will keep his word about testifying under oath as much as he kept his releasing his tax returns.

Return to “National”