The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

The anything NFL thread..

GOODave

Re: The anything NFL thread..

Postby GOODave » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 am

Notorious wrote:Dave makes a good point Paul.

Why waste your Sundays with football when you could have 10 times as much fun trolling Christians at a church. I think I know what I'll be doing this Sunday, I just hope my flying spaghetti monster t shirt gets here before then.

IF it does not, talk to Fordama: He's got several and I'm sure he'd loan you one for the occassion.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 am

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 am

I attract churchy churchy soccer Mom's like stink on $h*t

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 am

Gronk lobbies hard for #13 Madden Football cover. Gronk wants the cover real badly...funny.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 am

Tebow just signed with the Jets. Sanchez signed a new contract earlier....wonder how they'll use Tebow?

LanceSterling

Postby LanceSterling » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:10 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Tebow just signed with the Jets. Sanchez signed a new contract earlier....wonder how they'll use Tebow?

Tebow is from the south and they use salt on their food there so I expect the Mayor of NY will ban him.

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Tebow just signed with the Jets. Sanchez signed a new contract earlier....wonder how they'll use Tebow?

odd destination for him

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 am

Per CNN:

The NFL is suspending former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely and Saints head coach Sean Payton for one year because of the team's bounty program, the league said Wednesday.
The league also is suspending Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis for the 2012 season's first eight regular-season games, and Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt for the first six regular-season games, the NFL said in a news release.
In addition, the Saints will be fined $500,000 and forfeit their second-round selections in the 2012 and 2013 NFL drafts, the league said.

Wow. Sean Payton out for a year!

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 am

crayegg wrote:Per CNN:

The NFL is suspending former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely and Saints head coach Sean Payton for one year because of the team's bounty program, the league said Wednesday.
The league also is suspending Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis for the 2012 season's first eight regular-season games, and Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt for the first six regular-season games, the NFL said in a news release.
In addition, the Saints will be fined $500,000 and forfeit their second-round selections in the 2012 and 2013 NFL drafts, the league said.

Wow. Sean Payton out for a year!

WHOAAAAAA!!!!!!! Goodell spanked some ass. The Payton suspension is blistering...the rest are bitch slaps. OUCH!!!

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:43 am

that is heavy

SoMelo

Postby SoMelo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:18 am

That's brutal... Is there an appeal process?

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 am

it's BS.. that's way too harsh

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 am

Punishment fits the crime.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 am

no way, It's football not soccer. Kids start out at 7 years old getting stickers on their helmet for the hit of the game as do high school and colleges. The commish is just trying to feed his little Napoleon complex

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:37 am

If the game doesn't change, the game will disappear. Hits to the head need to be dealt with very seriously....Payton's gaffe cost him millions...it will cost the team millions...not to mention all the other stuff Goodell passed down...and it may well be the demise of Drew Brees and the Saints for the next few years....it may not, but it's pretty clear Goodell wants changes, and he will take scalps to get them.
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 am

The league pretty much HAD to come down hard, but this hard???

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 am

crayegg wrote:The league pretty much HAD to come down hard, but this hard???

Maybe not, but only a fool would play the bounty game this season. Goodell guaranteed that with his ass-whupping.

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:If the game doesn't change, the game will disappear. Hits to the head need to be dealt with very seriously....Payton's gaffe cost him millions...it will cost the team millions...not to mention all the other stuff Goodell passed down...and it may well be the demise of Drew Brees and the Saints for the next few years....it may not, but it's pretty clear Goodell wants changes, and he will take scalps to get them.

hits to the head are already illegal. The bountys are for illegal hits (what good would it do to get a bounty and than have to give the $$ back in a penalty) it was about hard hits and hits of the day.

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:36 am

the picture is starting to come more into focus..Sean Payton got hammered for the cover up more than the crime

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 am

Yeah...he's getting punished.

That said...I give up...why did the Jets pick up Tebow...are they planning to turn him into a slot back...running back....even a nickle back? Sanchez can't be all that happy...Tebow Jets shirts are probably already back ordered...NY mania...it will last until his first big screw-up. Fickle crowd in NY.

Return to “NFL”