The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

The anything NFL thread..

oceanvue

Re: The anything NFL thread..

Postby oceanvue » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:39 am

hey can hang out with Jeremy Lin and be New York's new power couple

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:40 am

oceanvue wrote:hey can hang out with Jeremy Lin and be New York's new power couple

Doubtful...the Jets want him to live in New Jersey....is that where Lin lives?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim- ... sey-032112

FOX Sports playing the religion angle for all it's worth.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:23 am

so he can't hang out with Lin? Lin and Timsanity

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu May 31, 2012 6:26 pm

OK....this has to be the dorkiest pic of Tom Brady since the pic of him with one leg raised in the golfing outfit .
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Patriots release Ochocinco. What the hell took them so long?

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Patriots release Ochocinco. What the hell took them so long?

:iknow: they probably wanted to wait until after cinco de Mayo

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Patriots release Ochocinco. What the hell took them so long?

oceanvue wrote: :iknow: they probably wanted to wait until after cinco de Mayo

Good point.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 am

Chad Ochocinco signed with the Dolphins.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:58 am

Jets Release Tebow

I liked his style. I guess the talent wasn't there. Especially since the Jets drafted another QB.

Does anyone think Tebow will be picked up by another team?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:56 am

congrats to Gavin Escobar from RMCHS and SDSU drafted by Dallas in the 2nd round (WOW) My kid was at UCLA camp with him (Neuheisels first year) and I was talking to one of their receiver coaches about different stand out receiver campers and I was really fishing to see what he would say about this kid (clearly the best) and when he didn't even mention him I asked him "what about Escobar?" and he was "who?" At that point I knew these guys were clueless. Watch this kid he is something special

kramer

Postby kramer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Paul, you'll probably like this article:

NFL - 2007 Pats still wonder what might have been - ESPN

It's almost as if an asterisk exists: 18-1*. The 2007 Patriots were not only the most entertaining team of the 21st century, not only the most dominant, not only the luckiest and unluckiest, but also the most epically conflicted. They won with selfless class and with a bloodthirsty resolve for running up the score. They won with a historic offense and with an unappreciated defense, the opposite of how they had won Super Bowls. They won as a unified team, yet became a divisive force. They won without cheating, as far as we know, but Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft were fined a combined $750,000 for years of cheating, and so their overall record and the records they set seem tainted in the eyes of some fans, like a home run mark. They won games when Tom Brady threw six touchdown passes and they won games when he threw three interceptions. They won despite -- and under the weight of -- their own winning. They won all of their games in September and October and November and December and January. They won so much that you had to appreciate them, even if you hated them, because you can't discuss the greatest teams in NFL history without mentioning them. In fact, they won so much that some players think that they damn well could have won it all -- if only they had lost.

Read more:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93555 ... onder-been
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks for that, Kramer...good read. I'm ready for football. :cheers:

kramer

Postby kramer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Thanks for that, Kramer...good read. I'm ready for football. :cheers:

Yeah, so am I.

You're Pats have had an interesting few months... Tebow and Hernandez. And Putin stealing your owners SB ring.

I'm worried about the effing Eagles. New coach with that quick no-huddle offense, I can see them running all over us once (and if) it kicks in.
I'm content with a football season where both the Giants and Eagles are out of contention...
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 am

Rookie Mike Zupancic, former Eastern Michigan and Trabuco Hill HS long snapper, gets re-signed with the Patriots.

http://nesn.com/2013/08/patriots-re-sig ... -zupancic/

kramer

Postby kramer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:43 pm

"You're Pats have had an ..."

I can't believe I keep making this english mistake...

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 am

"E"nglish should be capitalized as well. :thumbsup:

Return to “NFL”