The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

More NFL drama.

Tommy Tar

More NFL drama.

Postby Tommy Tar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:14 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/12/justice/n ... ?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson has been indicted on a felony charge of injury to a child, a Texas sheriff's lieutenant said Friday.
Montgomery County, Texas, Sheriff's office entered a warrant for Peterson's arrest following the indictment, which was issued Thursday, according to sheriff's Lt. Brady Fitzgerald.While the sheriff's office didn't offer more details, Peterson's lawyer said the "charged conduct involves using a switch to spank his son."

"Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son," the attorney, Rusty Hardin, said. "He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas."
The athlete wasn't in custody in the county jail as of Friday afternoon, and Hardin didn't specify where Peterson was or whether he might turn himself in.<snip>

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Re: More NFL drama.

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:16 pm

He has been deactivated for the Patriots game on Sunday....that's a good thing.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

RedFred

Postby RedFred » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:28 pm

He "whooped his boy with a switch" Paul. He didn't try to hide it he testified to it in front of the Grand Jury. He said it was how he was raised. He sounded like a reasonable adult. How are the Progressives gonna get there arms around this one? Can we start a poll guessing how long it takes before somebody plays the race card? I'll start with 48 hours.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Oh, sweet irony!

48 hours? That's quite generous considering it only took you two hours to play the Progressive card!!

:lol:
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Redfred...my grandmother used to make me cut the switch she laid across my calves every so often...it just makes one hate the hitter more. Besides my issue is not his behavior (although it was reprehensible)...I'm happy he won't be playing against the Pats on Sunday....sometimes Karma whoops up on your own ass. It has nothing to do with race, color, or creed. The Pats have a lousy defense against the run. I'm a lifelong Patriots fan...you figure it out.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:34 am

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/09/ ... onference/

Redskins
Report: RGIII Told By NFL Not To Wear ‘Know Jesus, Know Peace’ Shirt For His Press Conference
September 16, 2014 9:59 AM

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was reportedly told by an NFL uniform inspector not to wear his “Know Jesus, Know Peace” t-shirt before Sunday’s postgame press conference.
Michael Phillips, the Redskins reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch, posted on Twitter that Griffin was told he couldn’t wear the t-shirt because it wasn’t a Nike product.

“RGIII was wearing a t-shirt that said ‘Know Jesus, Know Peace.’ NFL Uniform Inspector Tony McGee (former Skins DE) approached Griffin,” Phillips tweeted. “McGee told Griffin he couldn’t wear the shirt because it wasn’t a Nike product. Made him turn it inside out for the press conference.”<snip>

So wearing the shirt inside out makes it a Nike. :shrug:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:41 am

No. It makes it an acceptable no message T-shirt. What's the problem?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:28 am

At first glance it did seem unfair to RGII, then I read the rest. The proper headline should be "not allowed to wear non-NIKE gear."

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 am

Apparently it wasn't Griffin's first dust-up with NIKE. In 2012 he wrote over the NIKE swoosh on part of his uniform.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1157592

It does sound kind of trivial, but NIKE did spend over a billion dollars for the rights. That's a big chunk of change. I'd want my money's worth if I paid a billion dollars for something!

Fordama

Edit: It turns out the Griffin has an Adidas contract.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Return to “NFL”