The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Brady wins!!!

Parrotpaul

Brady wins!!!

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:17 am

Judge Berman vacates the Tom Brady suspension...BRADY wins....GO PATRIOTS!!!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... eflategate

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: Brady wins!!!

Postby crayegg » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:55 am

Booo, hisss.

The NFL has no choice but to appeal to attempt to retain any credible authority at all.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:50 am

The credibility of the NFL and Goodell has been significantly tarnished with this decision. Congrats to Tom Brady and the NFLP...the NFL appeal is another waste of time and money. Every time Goodell makes any kind of statement, it will be suspect. This entire issue and process has been ridiculous. Brady made the offer of taking a one-game punishment for being "uncooperative." The NFL wouldn't move...Berman ruled. It should be over, but the NFL has decided to appeal as is its right. This is not in the best interest of the league, IMO... it's more about Goodell's best interests.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:48 am

Interestingly, Judge Berman didn't overturn the suspension because of any ruling on Brady's guilt or innocence. He overturned it because Goodell and the NFL didn't follow their own hearings process.

So Brady hasn't been exonerated. He's just a liar and a cheat who got away with it on procedural technicalities.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:52 am

You forgot to add deebag in there.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 am

Four rings and headed for five...Is there anything specific that has put you in such a positive non-judgmental frame of mind the past few months, MDDAD...I'm beginning to worry.

You forgot to add deebag in there. :mrgreen:

I loveyou haters... you're such fun. GO PATRIOTS!!!

I just benched my starting Fantasy FB QB...Ben Roethlisberger and put in Tom Terrific.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:36 am

If the definition of hater is "one who hates liars and cheaters," then I'm guilty as charged. The reason I hate him has nothing to do with football, it has to do with the person he is. I don't watch or follow professional football.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Well there ya go.

Here's a site that might interest some people... the Patriots don't rank very high on the relative cheater chart with all other NFL teams....check it out.

The Broncos are the league's biggest cheaters.

• the BRONCOS are THE BIGGEST NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 48?

• they've executed 12 real cheats!

• the PATRIOTS are TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 20?

• they've executed 6 real cheats!

• the COLTS are TOUCH ABOVE AVERAGE NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 29?

• they've executed 7 real cheats!

• the CHARGERS are TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 21?

• they've executed 5 real cheats!

• the PACKERS are AVERAGE NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 27?

• they've executed 7 real cheats!

• the 49ERS are ABOVE AVERAGE NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 35?

• they've executed 8 real cheats

• the RAIDERS are AVERAGE NFL cheaters!

• they have a CheatScore of 32?

• they've executed 10 real cheats!

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 pm

The arbitrator overturned the suspension on technicalities, it was not a ruling on Brady's guilt or innocence. Everyone who has objectively followed this case knows what happened to those 10 footballs.

It's really not surprising at all that Brady's jockriders call this a "win". The same people celebrated "wins" after the Patriots taped the signals of opposing teams and spied on practices. The Pats history of cheating is well documented.

I thought it incredible that Robert Kraft had the gall to proclaim the ruling was a result of a "lack of evidence" when Brady himself himself admitted he destroyed the cellphone the league asked to examine.

That anybody could objectively remain a "fan" of that team is beyond me, and I suspect, 99% of NFL fans.

P.S. When a player or team is "hated" it's usually for a good reason, and it's not because you're a "winner".
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Oh, puleeese, Omar...if that wasn't so much crap, I'd almost weep... get over it.

Umm...I take it you aren't a Patriots fan. Who's your favorite NFL team, Omar...I want to dump all over them... cheater deceitful Brady must have hammered them a few times during his ignominious, cheating, ball deflating, corrupt, model banging, career. Colts fan.... right? :mrgreen:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Not dumping on the Pats Paul, they do a pretty good job of that all by themselves.

Brady and Belichick bring new life to that old Billy Martin quote - "One's a born liar, the other's convicted".

Enjoy your "wins" :roll:
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Brady told Judge Berman he would cop to "uncooperative" and take a one game suspension. The NFL balked...stupid... they should have made a counter offer... they had no "real" evidence to give him and the team that kind of penalty... and I hope Kraft gets his two draft picks and million bucks back... Goodell's ego got him into a jam. I do enjoy every victory... there were very few from 1960 until 2000...I have been a very patient fan.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Omar put in as well as anyone could.

Brady was "exonerated" in the same sense that O.J. Simpson was. Yours is a pathetic - but entrtaining, I grant you. - attempt to reinterpret reality: "The NFL sure looks bad here and Brady was right all along."

This was simply a triumph of procedure over justice, not for the first time.

And you had to resort to that last bastion of the rhetorically impotent, Paul. Yup, everybody else is just a "hater."

If I were at all interested in the whole affair I might be irritated, but the spectacle of all the absurd revisionism makes it too worthwhile...............Luca

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:23 pm

If I were at all interested in the whole affair I might be irritated, but the spectacle of all the absurd revisionism makes it too worthwhile...............Luca

That's always funny... I'm not interested so I'll throw some crap just cause I can... nothing new here, Luca. :mrgreen:

Patriots fan out...I should have known better... good luck with your local team.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't follow professional football, but I am always intrigued by counterintuitive partisanship.........Luca

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:40 am

Cheating is rampant in professional sports of all kinds. NASCAR is, in my view, the poster child. The goal of each team is to do whatever they can to gain an advantage by pushing the rules to and often beyond the borders. Not that it is a surprise given the whole circuit was started by moonshiners who wanted to prove who was better on the track.

Frankly I'm a little surprised at the outrage over cheating. It is like the fan base somehow believes the NFL is a clean sport. We know it isn't. There is a hold on every play. Linemen are taught how to do it and not get caught. It is a cat and mouse game at nearly every position. That's the nature of the sport. Instead of outrage it should have been more about a mea culpa. The way the NFL reacted was silly in the first place. The NFL brass acts like they don't know cheating goes on. Sure, they are responsible for stomping it out when they find it, but to pretend that this is some sort of shock and that they need to send a message is nothing more than a PR game.

In my view, this cheating scandal has been good for Brady, good for the Patriots and good for the NFL. It has kept the conversation about football going for the entire off season. You can't buy that kind of marketing.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:39 am

I don't follow professional football, but I am always intrigued by counterintuitive partisanship.........Luca

I thought you knew something about sports and especially about sports fans... who knew... I was wrong. :D

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:08 pm

I guess some people just look at their teams' quarterbacks the same way they view their presidential candidates -- it doesn't matter how much shady crap they have in their past as long as it looks like they can win.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Jesus Christ, MDDAD...you need to do something about that sour attitude with things that are essentially inconsequential. Get a grip, man.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:15 pm

My grip's just fine, buddy. You're the one who idolizes a lying cheater.

"Just win, baby!"

Return to “NFL”