The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Rams to LA

Parrotpaul

Rams to LA

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:27 am

Sorry for a strange thread, but does anyone have any thoughts about the Rams return to LA, or is pro-football still anathema on this board?

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Rams to LA

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:13 am

I'm fine with the Rams but moving the Chargers out of San Diego just seems wrong. They'd be a football version of the Clippers.

If they invite the Raiders I'm organizing an armed takeover of the Hollywood Park parking lot. :-xxx
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:08 pm

NFL says the Chargers stadium is no longer adequate. San Diego seems adamant about building a new one.

Clippers are doing fine...the Chargers have always been losers...except in 1963 when they beat the sun-bedazzled Boston Patriots for the AFC Championship.

I think the Rams will be a good addition, and Inglewood can certainly use the jobs. Raiders...meh.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Panthers are beatable...Seattle shut them out in the second half.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:36 am

I've been a Rams fan since I knew what football was. I never could say "St. Lous Rams" out loud. It was always Rams since the day they left. They belong in LA. I don't much care about the Raiders or the Chargers.

The funny thing about the LA area though is that such a significant portion of the population are transplants from somewhere else I think they'll still have trouble filling the stadium wiht Rams fans.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:34 am

With 20 years of pent up demand, I'm betting tickets will be hard to get. Especially with all those fans out there wanting to see other teams.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:04 am

There are tens of thousands of NFL fans in the L.A. area who would be euphoric if any team came to town. The fact that it's the Rams only sends them into a state that can only be compared to The Rapture.

But this is Southern California and we're fickle. We demand winners, and in a league where a 9-7 record often ensures a team makes the playoffs, the Rams haven't made the postseason in 11 years. Even more than winners, we demand that our teams have plenty of glitz and glam, and the Rams don't have a megawatt superstar to make us happy.

We've had a long dry spell and we're horny, so yes, there will be a honeymoon. But there's too much else to do with our spare time, so unless the Rams start winning consistently and provide us with star power, I think it's going to be a short one.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:15 am

Maybe the Rams and Chargers can combine into one team...they still wouldn't have a "star" stud. It will be interesting to watch how the NFL return to LA goes down.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:39 am

MDDad wrote:We've had a long dry spell and we're horny, so yes, there will be a honeymoon. But there's too much else to do with our spare time, so unless the Rams start winning consistently and provide us with star power, I think it's going to be a short one.

Totally agree with this statement. It was one of the reasons that WOMAN (whose name we will not mention suffice to say the wrong person went swimming that fateful day) moved them in the first place.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:10 am

It's funny how many people still consider her the One Who Shall Not Be Named. I guess if Voldemort ever had a girlfriend, it would have been crusty old Violet.

Luca

Postby Luca » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 am

We speak of The Murderess?.........Luca

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:51 am

Indeed.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:34 pm

I'm not even much of a fan and I feel the same way.

But, did she do anything that isn't fairly commonplace now? And didn't she do the same thing LA's in the process of doing right now? Or is this more like correcting something that never should have happened in the first place?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Luca

Postby Luca » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 pm

You mean riding her husband's coattails to fame and fortune, cashing in on his accomplishments, having a manufactured image as an individual with notable talent and ability in the absence of such, then engaging in sleazy activity that disappointed the majority of her supporters? I suppose you're right, not unprecedented these days.................................Luca

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:04 pm

JQP wrote:But, did she do anything that isn't fairly commonplace now?
No, but she gets extra points because she was a slut.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Nothing wrong with a slut or two...makes for great controversy...plus sluts can be fun.

The "Murderess..." I like that. She should get a room with the tootsie who owned the Reds. Is the Murderess still alive?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:53 pm

No, both the murderess and the Cincinnati tootsie have been kind enough to leave this earth.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:04 pm

May they both rot in hell.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Those two charming ladies make me wonder if there are some things even worms won't eat.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Or is this more like correcting something that never should have happened in the first place?

She dismantled a good team to one that was mediocre at best. She fired the only decent football mind in the front office (Rosenblum's son) and then managed to justify trading Eric Dickerson. He was the only thing that gave that offense any substance. Did rival defenses really freeze on the play action pass with Greg Bell (Dickerson's replacement) in the backfield? Don't think so.

It went pretty much downhill from there.

Then when the St. Louis (a city where she never resided) Rams won the Super Bowl she states something to the effect about how great a choice it was moving them there to spark a return to greatness. Couldn't even be gracious in victory.

Return to “NFL”