The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Brady Back in Suspension Jail

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Brady Back in Suspension Jail

Postby crayegg » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:53 am

The courts grind slowly, but sometimes justice does prevail:

NEW YORK - A U.S. appeals court on Monday restored the four-game “Deflategate” suspension of New England Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady over allegations footballs were under inflated before an NFL playoff game last year.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York reversed a federal judge’s ruling from September. The appeals court ruled that in imposing the suspension, National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell properly exercised his discretion under a collective bargaining agreement.

<Snip>

Parrotpaul

Re: Brady Back in Suspension Jail

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 am

Is it justice, or are you just a Brady hater? :mrgreen:

Patriots 2016-2017 will go 12-4 and win the division. Take it to the bank.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:20 am

Both...

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 am

This will give Jimmy G. a chance to show his stuff. This is the last year of his rookie contract, and either the four games will make him or break him. I'm thinking he will win three of the four games Brady sits...opinions will vary... :mrgreen:

They will need a third QB, so they will probably go after former Pat's QB Brian Hoyer, or look to the draft next week. If the Patriots can weather the first four games behind Jimmy G, Brady's return will showcase another chip on his shoulder with a loaded team...much more so than last season...he's as competitive as any other football player on the planet...it will be an interesting pre-season and first four games not to mention the rest of the season.

GO PATRIOTS!!!
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Breaking news....the NE Patriots have signed free agent QB Dom Grady for the upcoming season....GO PATRIOTS!!!

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Patriots 2016-2017 will go 12-4 and win the division. Take it to the bank.

Wow, win the AFC East? Ooooooooooooooooooooo :notworthy:

Here's a novel idea: he could turn this into a positive by using the four weeks off to learn how to throw the same ball as everyone else in the league
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:01 am

Here's a novel idea: he could turn this into a positive by using the four weeks off to learn how to throw the same ball as everyone else in the league

Ya think? :mrgreen:

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:38 am

Patriots sign QB Dom Trady to contract. The move is to counter NFL suspension of Tom Brady...America's heart throb, four time SB winner, and husband of the world's finest looking woman. New England fans are hopeful this will assuage fear the team will lose one of the four games in which Mr. Wonderful will be suspended.

FOXBOROUGH, MA – Monday, the Patriots learned they would be without their quarterback Tom Brady for the first 4 games of the 2016-2017 upcoming season.

This came after a US court of appeals reinstated the 4-game ban under the premise that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell exercised his right to hand down the punishment under the current collective bargaining agreement (CBA).

It’s safe to say the organization didn’t see this coming. While restructuring Brady’s contract, they made it so where the QB would lose only about $200k instead of $2 million. With that done, the Patriots took the new step, and began scouting prospective quarterbacks to take Brady’s place in case the suspension was reinstated.

http://dailysnark.com/report-patriots-s ... -contract/

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:48 am

Steve Buckley, Boston Herald sports writer, has always been fairly level-headed. His column this morning suggests Brady let the whole matter go. It's probably the best route for Tom Brady at this point. I agree with Buckley's analysis of the current state of the controversy affairs. Get your satisfaction on the football field.

The best way for Tom Brady to get back at Roger Goodell is to return from his suspension and lead the Patriots on a 12-game winning streak that would make Sherman’s March look like taking the kids for ice cream at Toscanini’s.

We’re talking about a shades-of-2007, runnin’-it-up kind of winning streak (only without the David Tyree catch), leaving bruised feelings, outrage, perhaps even a whole new round of hollering that, hey, the Pats are so thoroughly pantsing everybody they just gotta be cheating again.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/colu ... _tom_brady

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Putting things into perspective.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm still trying to get my head around this statement. If you don't recall the 28 points he put up in the second half of that game...using footballs the refs determined to be pumped up to specifications...someone is tilting at windmills or you are a relatively new NFL follower.

Try again.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:15 pm

If you're going to question my NFL knowledge you might want to get your facts straight...Brady didn't "put up" 28 points unless he was wearing LeGarrette Blount's jersey on those two TD runs...look it up

And speaking of tilting at windmills, even Brady is taking the 4 games and moving on. Maybe it's time for you to do the same...

Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:03 pm

You get pretty hostile about football games. Sheesh.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Who's hostile? Just not sure why you would think I must be a "relatively new NFL follower" just because I lost respect for Brady when he lied and destroyed evidence...

BTW, I attended my first NFL game back in the '60s when the Pats were in that "other" league... :wink:

Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's ‘Deflategate' appeal rejected by federal court A'aight then...let's play some football. Now's your chance Jimmy G...most Pats fans are hoping you won't get another for a while.

Return to “NFL”