The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Moon Amtrak Day

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Moon Amtrak Day

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 am

It's that day again, although it sounds like Laguna Niguel has all but killed off their only event of any cultural significance. If you want to go, it sounds like you'll either have to take a cab or hike a couple miles as they've banned parking on Camino Capistrano from Avery to the dead end near Oso.

Shame. It used to be a good party but the Orange County Register says the attendance has gone from thousands down to only 100 last year. Not that it doesn't sound like it had gotten completely out of control before the crackdown.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/event-30 ... inson.html

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Hanna

Re: Moon Amtrak Day

Postby Hanna » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:21 am

Cracking down on the cracks?

:eh?:

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I bet Amtrak isn't thrilled with the crackdown--I imagine that day's ticket is a popular one.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Fordama wrote:I bet Amtrak isn't thrilled with the crackdown--I imagine that day's ticket is a popular one.

Fordama

Very popular. The trains were always full and they all slowed down to 5 or 10 mph so everybody could get a good look or take pictures. I don't know if the round trip from SJC to Laguna Hills was a big money maker for them, though.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “Free Things To Do In OC”