The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

New England Patriots, Brady and Belichick...the best ever..

Parrotpaul

New England Patriots, Brady and Belichick...the best ever..

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:21 pm

The Pats gave the world the most exciting Super Bowls ever in 2014 and tonight. Brady is the GOAT, and Belichick is the best coach and the rest of the team should be proud to have achieved dynastic status. Haters will hate, but the Pats win all the marbles for the fifth time. It's all so very good. :cheers:

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

seeinred

Re: New England Patriots, Brady and Belichick...the best ever..

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:29 am

Cheers Paul, I agree with you! It is so hard to win any game in the NFL, let alone a playoff game, let alone a super bowl, let alone 5 super bowls! They are both the GOAT's for sure!
:cheers:

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:59 am

I don't mean to minimize what the Patriots did yesterday. And certainly Belichick and Brady are on the very short list of greatest ever at their positions. But as I watched the game I almost started to feel like the whole thing was scripted by Vince McMahon. The complete turnaround from being down 28-3, and then scoring 31 straight points in a little over a quarter, was the closest thing to a professional wrestling match of any football game I've ever seen.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Did he script Hightower's sack...how about Edelman's catch...White's three touchdowns? If you hate to minimize, why did you? That's a rhetorical question. Sorry for your disappointment.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Paul, finally something we can agree on! Great game and a lot of fun to watch.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm not sure if it was a great game, but starting late in the third quarter the game got really fun to watch. I hope someone coughs up Brady's jersey...that particular jersey belongs in the Hall of Fame Museum. I was kind of in shock for most of last night, but today all I can do is giggle.

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:15 pm

I told everyone I was 60/40 in favor of the Patriots. When the Pick 6 happened in the first half, I thought it was over. When you're not upset if either side wins, I enjoyed it all.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:49 pm

MDDad wrote: But as I watched the game I almost started to feel like the whole thing was scripted by Vince McMahon. The complete turnaround from being down 28-3, and then scoring 31 straight points in a little over a quarter, was the closest thing to a professional wrestling match of any football game I've ever seen.

It was rigged by crooked east coast football elitit's. Even Vince McMahon would have let Atlanta score once in the second half.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:56 pm

When you're not upset if either side wins, I enjoyed it all.

Those are my feelings with every NFL game that doesn't have the Patriots as one of the teams. All I want to watch is a great game...put the Pats in the calculus, and all bets are off. I never make predictions especially in the playoffs. I listened to their first game from Braves Field on the radio in 1960 when I was still in high school, and I suffered through the 85 and 97 Super Bowl losses...then along came Brady and Belichick, and what happened over the next seventeen years made the first forty seasons a vague memory. Boston fans are a ravenous bunch...I grew up with the great Auerbach-Russell Celtics era...a couple of Bruins Stanley cups...the Larry Bird era...the Red Sox in 2004 and other great seasons, but the Pats are like the icing on my fandom cake. I won't live to see Brady's five SB victories topped by anyone...unless Brady wins another. I have no idea what the future will bring to the Pats, but the Brady/Belichick era is as good as it gets in the Super Bowl era of pro football.

Return to “NFL”