In case you were looking for Asante????

credofriar

In case you were looking for Asante????

Post by credofriar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:19 pm

last week or in the near future!!!!!

Coach Elijah "Pimp" Asante was not there this past weekend at the HB 7 on 7 tourney because he is currently SUSPENDED for recruiting violations for something he posted on facebook.

See attached photo and comments.

Sure hope he makes it back soon so he can welcome all these new players he is bringing in.
I heard he was promised to be the next head coach after this year when Dirty Harry leaves. I wonder if this suspension hurts his case?
I hear SM is ok with his recruiting (thats why they hired him) and the suspension was a slap on the hand to get CIF off it's back after MD filed a complaint.

Anybody that thinks McNichols will be eligible is :bonk:
I LOVE how he says "I need" LOL

FYI is it true the margarita game jerseys are missing or did elijah take them to the dry cleaners? LOL
Attachments
IMG957519.png
IMG952941.png

SoCoFb

Re: In case you were looking for Asante????

Post by SoCoFb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:50 pm

You are a weak sack. You go by the name of "credo friar" yet 95% of your posts are about SM. It's too bad things didn't work out between you (and/or your son) and Coach Welch.

In the 3 season Coach Welch has been here, SM has had exactly 1 football transfer - Adam Young (from Tesoro). There wasn't a single transfer on the D1 State Championship team in 2011.

Coach Assante has proven to be a solid coach that the players thoroughly respect and respond to.

Between you and Melo, you should start your own gossip column - but please do it on a different site; it's getting old here.

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Yep I guess i was right. This is OK and normal business for Santa Margarita.
Go read my original thread and most of them after. They have to do with Servite. Even some Servite fans don't like me because I try to keep it real on here. I signed up after I heard all the incredibly false rumors going around campus and the community after why TT left and who we were going to hire.
Do I like SM? No. Especially since they have entangled themselves with guys like Dirty Harry and Asante. That is not the kinda program Jim Hartigan built that to be.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 pm

One transfer????? I know of at least one other from Utah.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 pm

The backup running back Suchesk transferred in after his freshman year, as did the WR Modster, both of whom transferred after one season to Mission. There was also a DB Kafentzis (that's the kid from Utah, Red) who saw some playing time earlier in the season.

Those Facebook entries are pretty harmless if the coach is just talking to friends of his about the team, but if he's talking to prospective parents/players then it's pretty brazen, to say nothing of illegal/foolish....................Luca
Last edited by Luca on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

socalfan

Post by socalfan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Alex and Sean both transferred to MV after their sophomore year. One transfer remains from two years ago.

SoCoFb

Post by SoCoFb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Red wrote:One transfer????? I know of at least one other from Utah.
SM had a transfer from Utah who moved to So Cal during his senior year due to a family illness. He was a role player/part time starter that provided depth on defense.

If you want to get into a transfer "I'm cleaner than you debate" MD, as well as every other Trinity League team, will lose. Not because we are "mightier than thou" - SM is a landlocked, non centralized location with limited freeway access AND very demanding academics.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Luca wrote:Those Facebook entries are pretty harmless if the coach is just talking to friends of his about the team, but if he's talking to prospective parents/players then it's pretty brazen, to say nothing of illegal/foolish....................Luca
If someone wants to "just talk to friends about his team", he can use the telephone. Announcing publicly that "I still need a top notch running back" on Facebook is more akin to placing a "Help Wanted" ad on a freeway billboard.

SoCoFb wrote:SM is a landlocked, non centralized location with limited freeway access AND very demanding academics.
Please. Now you just sound like a Servite guy.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:52 pm

He's actually right. SM tries to transfers just as much as the rest of the Trinity...they just aren't very good at it. There have been more than a few Bosco transfers that were talked to by SM first. Lets just say their all white, all everything, doesn't always appeal to those north of Mission Viejo.

So what do they do? Hire Asante.

On comes McNichols. It reeks to high heavens of an illegal transfer, but, it will only matter if MD puts up enough of a fuss. If MD or another school doesn't care, neither will CIF.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:03 pm

So, is Asante suspended? For real?

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 pm

I know every name on that Facebook thread lol.

This is recruiting at its finest.

Grinder

Post by Grinder » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:35 pm

credofriar wrote:Yep I guess i was right. This is OK and normal business for Santa Margarita.
Go read my original thread and most of them after. They have to do with Servite. Even some Servite fans don't like me because I try to keep it real on here. I signed up after I heard all the incredibly false rumors going around campus and the community after why TT left and who we were going to hire.
Do I like SM? No. Especially since they have entangled themselves with guys like Dirty Harry and Asante. That is not the kinda program Jim Hartigan built that to be.

No, Servite fans don’t like you because you’re a troll.

Ocrckstar

Post by Ocrckstar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Leave poor SM and their recruiting ventures alone. Yes, Asante is 100% there to recruit....that's not even in question. He has been trying to get a RB for quite sometime, but the academic history of his prospects have been well below SM standards. I don't know what MDdad is implying, but SM is not an easy school academically....that's just typical MD elitism being spewn. Just be happy your school is in the hood and central to decent athletes.

And for the record...Not one school in the Trinity is pulling kids from some public style boundary system....They all accept kids and "look" elsewhere. Asante is just a little more obvious. So just keep it a little more real with your "holier than thou" views on your respected teams. Pun intended. :)

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Perhaps MDDad was just referring to getting them in, not the academics once they are in.

Seems like he can get "some" players in with questionable academics, so I wonder why it would be so hard to get others. Oh well, you still gotta convince the money men that it is worth it right?

You are right about one thing though, Asante is very aggressive with what he does. But, just look at the history of CIF. As long as you are getting kids from previous schools that won't challenge the transfer, the transfer is easy to make regardless of the reason.

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 pm

MDDad wrote: If someone wants to "just talk to friends about his team", he can use the telephone. Announcing publicly that "I still need a top notch running back" on Facebook is more akin to placing a "Help Wanted" ad on a freeway billboard.
And likewise if someone is trying to recruit football players he can just as easily - and far more efficiently - use the telephone. I'm not aware that prospective parents/players routinely troll Facebook looking for high schools, though certainly I could be wrong about that.

There are two possibilities:

One). The Facebook discussion is with friends - I have no idea who the hell these people are - and they're talking about his team's preparations and their "need" for another running back or

Two). He is contacting prospective players/parents and making transparent attempts to recruit.

The former is routine and the latter is ignorant, blatantly illegal and has no place in HSFB.

But the mere fact that the discussion occurs on Facebook indicates nothing one way or the other. Announcing that you need another running back on Facebook is no more ominous than making the announcement on these boards. Neither is particularly effective or intelligent, but neither is by itself prima facie evidence of wrongdoing............Luca

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

quite understandable you are not a facebook pro Luca. this was not a conversation between friends. this was SENT OUT to his 1,000+ "friends" showing Tyler Prenovost working out AND letting RB's know they have an opening. ask one of you kids exactly how a post like this works.

if you look at his facebook page he is friends with many parents and players of current players throughout OC.

here is another of his recent posts.

Elijah Asante
July 6.
I was selected as the Head Coach for the OC South All Stars vs San Diego in January. We will be holding an OC South All Star tryout on July 27th. Anybody that is interested in playing should send me a message and post your highlight video.

Asking current seniors-to-be for highlight video's? Having a try-out for current senior-to-be by a SM coach in july for a game in january? this guy is freakin BAD NEWS for SM. I know of two that have sent him info only to be told he will guarantee them being selected IF they transfer to SM.
so obviously he is "friends" with enough current players that he felt the could post this and get a good response.

the original post (which has been removed) was aimed at current players "to get the word out".
him getting a minimal suspension tells us all something about the new direction of SM.
if a Bosco football coach ever put anything close to that on his facebook page he would have been removed from his coaching duties....no questions asked.

NorthOC

Post by NorthOC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:37 pm

What's funny is the guy in Asante conversation is Eric Carr. His step son is a runningback, who left Poly and is now at Carson. Maybe he will be the rb going to stop MD, Servite and Bosco. Bad Business. SM must be real proud. Maybe Eric needs a job and can get one at SM.

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Believe me when I say Luca, it's #2. That was an open request for a player.

It's incredible that Asante hasn't been barred from high school football already. The CIF should really step in and keep this guy from ever getting a coaching job or even being around high schools ever again.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Why would SM hire Asante and he would accept if not that he was told he would be the new
HC when Welch retires, no?

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:54 pm

I gotta say, pretty ballsy of SM to hire Asante and give him free reign to recruit after all the problems they have had with some off season black clouds created by assistant coaches.

I thought they were truly trying to slowly let Welch go, but letting him hire Asante...maybe they just want to win...