The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Fear Mongering 101

seeinred

Fear Mongering 101

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:33 pm

How many different quotes or tweets have we seen in the last three weeks where Donald Trump is trying to scare the hell out of America? Over and over again he has these off-the-cuff rants about how the boogie man/terrorist/immigrants is coming to get us. All are factless claims. He's taking a page out of the South Korean dictator's mantra where every outsider is the devil and means to destroy our country, all the while proclaiming that we will be the glorious victors of a righteous war should it come to that...
How much longer will the Trumpets follow his ridiculous statements like those that he made today??? Try and defend this please Trumpets...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed

seeinred

Re: Fear Mongering 101

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:38 pm

By the way, I just compared our American president to Kim Jong Un...
OMFG!!! :hide:

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm glad you realized that you just did what you accused him of doing. Take a deep breath. You can vote for a female President in 4 years.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pm

I'd say Tom Brady for POTUS, but I don't care for his politics...just his great football playing. :)
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:28 pm

She was no choice either, I get that. The party selections on both sides were just plain bad.
I agree that the DNC's pick is where all of this madness stemmed from.
However, admit if you will that Trump is f-ing losing it before all of our eyes!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 pm

I get this feeling that the Wake Forest Masacre is about to become real, at least in Donald's mind. And in textbooks in Texas.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 pm

seeinred wrote:I agree that the DNC's pick is where all of this madness stemmed from.

If that's true then you are just as wrong as those who support him

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 pm

I voted Hilary because I knew that Trump wasn't the right choice.
I preferred Bernie but knew he didn't have a shot to win because he looks trollesque...
There are a ton of people who voted Trump because they couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hilary...

broman

Postby broman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:08 pm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... press.html
President Trump addressed troops at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa on Monday and spoke about the threat of "radical Islamic terror." Trump said terrorism has gotten to a point where the "very dishonest media" doesn't "want to report it.

"It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it. They have their reasons and you understand that.

I think the media killed Nicole and Ron. --:--

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:46 pm

seeinred wrote:Unread postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:33 pm

...He's taking a page out of the South Korean dictator's mantra where every outsider is the devil and means to destroy our country, all the while proclaiming that we will be the glorious victors of a righteous war should it come to that...
seeinred wrote:Unread postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 pm

By the way, I just compared our American president to Kim Jong Un...
When did Kim Jong Un become South Korean dictator? Your lack of knowledge undercuts our opinion of your views. Study up Seeinred.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Ease back punkin.
Used the dictation button on my phone to speak the typing and didn't catch the error.
Should have used PRNK, but I hate calling it a people's republic as it bastardizes the phrase.
Anyway Professor, what say you about the incessant fear mongering that has the world scratching it's collective head from POTUS?
Any comment on the matter other than on my grammatical error?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Just toying with you.

Actually, I am having a great deal of trouble understanding why half the country thinks there is nothing to fear, in the face of all the evidence coming from Europe. I'm quite sure most of Europe isn't scratching its collective head over this, as evidenced by the rise of nationalism and anti-immigration candidates. Brexit is related to this.

Austria's Chancellor Faymann backed open borders. Austria became a transit point for several million migrants from wars and devastation. The migrants committed some very high profile crimes including a gang rape.

Faymann reversed course in the spring, but the damage was done. His party finished 4th in the presidential election, and didn't even make the runoff.

In Italy, The Five Star Movement (they don't like to be called a party) has enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls. Led by Beppe Grillo who has denounced the government for opening Italy to a flood of asylum seekers from North Africa many of whom are economic migrants and don’t qualify for economic assistance from the European Union. And he has sometimes spoken harshly of the migrants.

Add in the rise of Marine Le Pen of the National Front in France to the top of the polls. She is promising to free France from "tyranny", blaming globalization, the European Union and "Islamic fundamentalism".

In the Netherlands, Right-winger Geert Wilder's Dutch Party for Freedom (anti-mass migration), is poised to be the top party in the elections next month.

And we've already talked about Sweden. Anti-mass migration parties are rising everywhere in Europe, and the EU is in trouble and may not survive. These are the people who have seen first hand that there most definitely is something to fear from a massive influx of unvetted refugees.

...Punkin
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 pm

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
FDR was right. At that time he didn't want the people in this nation to run out to the banks and pull their money and do other RASH things that weak, scared people would do. Times are different now, that's true. But the fear principle remains the same. The difference is our current president is sending the opposite message by trying to get people to panic and jump onboard with him in his RASH actions. With the Donald continually spewing these "be afraid" statements, he will get the American people/puppets to buy into his ridiculous wall as well as his selective bans to outsiders.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Gaslighter-in-chief.

God knows what Melania goes through.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Actually, I am having a great deal of trouble understanding why half the country thinks there is nothing to fear

I'm having trouble understanding why you would think that...where did you get this idea from?
I thought it would be easier
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Odds of:
Being killed by an immigrant terrorist in the United States: 1 in 3.6 billion*
Dying in any kind of terrorist attack worldwide: 1 in 9,300,000
Dying in an elevator: 1 in 10,440,000
Being struck by lightning: 1 in 4,500,000
Dying from food poisoning: 1 in 3,000,000
Dying in a severe storm: 1 in 68,388
Dying from an accident at work: 1 in 43,500
Dying from slipping in your bathtub: 1 in 11,469
Dying in a csr accident: 1 in 8,000
Winning the Super Lotto jackpot: 1 in 41,416,353
Winning the Mega Millions jackpot: 1 in 259 million
Winning the Powerball lottery: 1 in 292 million

I'm still bathing and taking elevators and I'm not shopping for Ferraris. And I refuse to be afraid of immigrants or terrorists, regardless of what Cheeto Boy wants me to do.

* Remove the 2,996 killed in the 9/11 attack and it becomes even more astronomical.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:27 am

John Q. Public wrote:Unread postby John Q. Public » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:59 am

Odds of:
Being killed by an immigrant terrorist in the United States: 1 in 3.6 billion*

Early in the morning of 9/11/2001 your odds were 1 in 95,127 of being a dead American that day, at the hands of immigrant terrorists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:52 am

Not really, considering my odds of being in NYC that day were zero. The odds of an American being killed that day might have been that but you couldn't fit enough zeroes on the page to figure the odds for any specific person.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 am

Professor Fate wrote:Actually, I am having a great deal of trouble understanding why half the country thinks there is nothing to fear, in the face of all the evidence coming from Europe.

Well given that there's at least a 1 in ~9,000,000 chance of being killed by a terrorist I wouldn't cal that "nothing", but I wouldn't be as afraid as you seem to be either.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:19 am

Professor Fate wrote:Early in the morning of 9/11/2001 your odds were 1 in 95,127 of being a dead American that day, at the hands of immigrant terrorists.

It's hard to imagine living in fear of terrorists for 16+ years. You have my sympathy, but you probably shouldn't be making any important decisions based on that fear. It's not rational.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Return to “National”