Did Iran Just Blink?

Professor Fate

Did Iran Just Blink?

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Late January 2017 - Iran fires mid-range missile, capable of carrying nukes.

Feb 3rd - The US places sanctions on Iran.

Feb 3rd to Feb 6 - Iran holds large scale military exercises and hurls threats at the US, and readies another missile launch on the same launch pad used in the January launch.

Feb 7th - Iran removes the missile from the launch pad.

Looks to me like they blinked. The Iranians are obviously aware that President Trump is most definitely not President Obama.

Fordama

Re: Did Iran Just Blink?

Postby Fordama » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:57 pm

They gave up their entire nuclear weapons program in a treaty three years ago. That is blinking.

This is just as likely if not more likely a technical issue, seeing how their last launch self destructed.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 pm

First of all, no they didn't. They only delayed it 15 years. (That is if they obey the agreement).

Secondly, yes it may be a technical issue, or it may not be.

BTW, it blew up, yes, but you don't know that it self destructed, or if the Iranians destroyed it intentionally. Maybe they learned what they wanted to learn by then, and/or were concerned that it might be going astray at the end.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Fordama wrote:They gave up their entire nuclear weapons program in a treaty three years ago. That is blinking.

Or another way to look at it is they delayed their entire nuclear weapons program in exchange for a bunch of cash and a huge jump-start to their economy.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Either way they didn't JUST blink.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

They warned us if more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton we'd get historic corruption in Washington. They were right.

#spicerfacts

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:41 pm

in exchange for a bunch of cash

By "a bunch of cash" you mean their money that we basically stole from them 35 years ago
How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Thirty Five year delay/pause in nuclear program vs. failed/scrapped missile test. :roll:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, etc. have shown that if you don't mind getting whacked, threatening people with a stick is a largely ineffective tool for modifying behavior...but it does make the whacker feel a little better
How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Professor Fate wrote:They only delayed it 15 years. (That is if they obey the agreement).

And if we back out of it...?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “National”