USC QB commit no longer at Oaks Christian

frankieboy1

USC QB commit no longer at Oaks Christian

Postby frankieboy1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Per LA Times and Daily News: USC QB commit Matt Corral no longer at Oaks Christian due to a disciplinary issue with the school.

Destination? Bonnie? Westlake (if issue was with school and not coach-new staff at Westlake has ties to Benkert)? IMG? Trinity League (and if so, who needs a QB-SM?) From what I read Alemany and Chaminade are set at the position and the family lives in Oxnard-so a move in the cards?

Fridayisgameday

Re: USC QB commit no longer at Oaks Christian

Postby Fridayisgameday » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Wow!!!!!!
Matt seems like a good kid, i wonder what the discipline action could have been.. If it was a discipline reason hopefully OAKS let him with draw before the school had to take action.
My bet is he ends up at CALABASAS..

I don't think a Trinity school would be an option since he lives in Ventura. The only Trinity school that needs a QB would probably be SERVITE...IT seems like kids can't get out of SM quick enough.

frankieboy1

Postby frankieboy1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Didn't think of that one-Calabasas logical choice, although 1/2 hour away with traffic

Sleeper choice: Camarillo?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:57 pm

The LA Times article does not mention any kind of discipline problem regarding his
departure, fyi

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:05 am

That is a huge blow to Oaks Christian. Not sure how well liked coach Benkert is over there??
AT 6'3 205 Matt Corral with a offer from USC, will most likley be headed to Calabasas.
Calabasas returns....
Freshman phenom, J. Wilson at reciever, 855 yards and 14 tds
Hall - wr, 1026 yards and 12 tds
Radley-Hiles, wr, 806 yards 10 tds
RB, and leading rusher, Williams, 524 yards 12 tds
big , good trench guys return along with the departure of QB, Gebbia.
Its almost a no brainer.
They were 14-1 last year
Clausen is a great QB coach, and i wouldnt doubt if Corral switches to UCLA , with Darnay Holmes.
USC just picked up Jack Sears, along with Darnold being young.
Corral is a good one!! he is fast and elusive, has a rocket arm.

NJtoNYCtoSOC

Postby NJtoNYCtoSOC » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:45 am

Few things...

- As soon as I heard this I thought Calabasas as well, but there was some chatter in the Fall that Corral was headed to IMG
- I thought this quote from Corral was interesting: "I ran into problems at a school that is biased towards money"
- HTL, Radley-Hiles is no longer at Calabasas after announcing a transfer to IMG and Darnold is projected as a potential top overall pick in next year's NFL draft, so I don't see him as a roadblock to Corral attending USC

Al Koholik

Postby Al Koholik » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Word is he slapped a kid around whose dad used to slap a puck around who has the pull where Oaks didn't f*#k around.
Word is that coach couldn't save him as he had already used his hooligan mulligan.
Those are the words that are.

Fridayisgameday

Postby Fridayisgameday » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 pm

It sounds like CORRAL is headed to LB Poly, along with a few kids from L.A Hawkins high. If true this puts Poly right there in contention in Div1 title this year, USC commit Corral is a game changer at QB , put those Poly athlete around him and it could be dangerous, Bosco and MD can't be to happy with this move.
This Matt Corral move to POLY is a surprise , considering the circumstances that occured at Oaks Christian for Matt to leave. For Matts family to pick up and move 100 miles from Ventura to Long Beach is a big family decision, there has to be some sort of connection that drew the Corrals to Poly, when you could have stayed closer to Ventura with quality programs needing QB'S like Calabasas , Westlake, St. Boneventure, Moorpark.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:06 am

Damn, if Corral and Jojuan Collins go to Poly, that is HUGE!!!
Plus, a incoming Freshman already all over the radar, Jake Garcia (QB) 8TH GRADER , at 6'3 210 lbs.

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:46 am

Corral had play makers around him last year...and what happened???? One and down come playoff time
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

OC27

Postby OC27 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 am

Poly has plenty to prove. Still great talent but can't put it together for some odd reason. Matt will be a welcomed edition for Poly has playmakers. Not so sure kid Jake might have a chance. He was to go to Bosco last year but the enroll of the big QB made him pause. Now going to Poly is the same situation. He is more like 6'1 175lbs hold back. It will be interesting to see what Poly can do with that talent when he arrives. :2cents:

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 am

Problem is Poly OL is horrible....he will be running for his life
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

Fridayisgameday

Postby Fridayisgameday » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:52 pm

If true of Matt Corral going to Poly, the connection is, all world 7 on 7 B2G OC , coach Hatchett is now the OC at POLY. I believe Corral has played for B2G at some point. Coach Hatch was the OC at OLU this past season, where he made promises of bringing kids with him , well we see how his time there worked out , the OLU head coach was fired at the end of the season.
Its going to be a huge culture shock for Matt going from Oaks Christian in Westlake to LB POLY Off Atlantic Blvd.
The POLY program is not well coached, because you played in the NFL doesn't make you a good coach!!!!
If Matt"s parents are willing to move over a 100 miles , why not look at other privet schools similar to OAKS, that need a QB, Loyola , Servite, Alamany , Santa Margarita, St. Francis, Serra, Amat.
It surprises me that Calabasas wasn't considerd , they need a QB , lots of skill guys , a good line, good coaching staff, and i would rather have to move to CALABASAS than Long Beach. Keep in mind that the Corrals are going to have to physically move from there home in Ventura to a new house for Matt to be eligible..

A few years ago coach Hatchett convinsed the starting QB from Downey high , who had won a championship as a sophomore, to transfer to Pasadena high for his senior year, after making him tons of promises. The kid makes the transfer , the team sucks that year and the poor kid went from a D1 recruit to ending up at Harbor JC..

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Poly hasn't been the same since Lara left, not sure more talent will make much of a difference
How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

We are not an ethno-state, with identity rooted in shared blood...the option of a white man's republic ended at Appomattox
Daniel Fried

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 am

Corral did have playmakers at Oaks last year, and they underestimated their opponent, La Habra, which had nothing to lose and played loose, and took chances. Madison Wheeler from La Habra ran all over that team.
I think Oak's coach was asleep during that one.
Poly has the big name coach, but not sure how well he is guiding that ship? 8th grade Garcia is definatly not 6'1 175,
so i'll meet you in the middle at 6'2 200 , no doubt! I dont understand how he doesnt go to La Habra, being , he lives down the block. His dad was a QB at Nebraska, so he must not like what he see's for some reason? They have been shopping for some time now. He might just end up at La Serna?

albundyrules

Postby albundyrules » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 am

Corral is not going to be eligible since he is leaving for a discipline reason. He might as well go to IMG so he can play cause his days playing in California are over.

Hatch is a fraud and a 7 on 7 coach who has no clue how to coach in a real game.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 am

hit the lights wrote:8th grade Garcia is definatly not 6'1 175, so i'll meet you in the middle at 6'2 200 , no doubt! I dont understand how he doesnt go to La Habra, being , he lives down the block.

The family doesn't live in the La Habra High School enrollment area, nor in the Fullerton Joint Union High School District, so a La Habra enrollment would require a change of residence. The young man participated in the Mater Dei summer camp last year, and unless he's grown three inches and put on 40 pounds in seven months, he's not 6'3", 210.

albundyrules

Postby albundyrules » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:17 am

Come on MDDAD half La Habra kids don't live in that area.

Garcia was on Bosco's 4-vert team last year same grade as DJ. He saw the writing on the wall and was held back (MR. Daniels advised him) . Now he has played with like five different passing league teams. SO POLY is the flavor of the month, until Hatch pulls in another kid and he will bounce.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:11 am

MD DAD,
I guess Garcia isnt 6'3, like JT and Bru are not hold backs. The bottom line is the kid is big and in 8th grade like most all MD players. He does live down the street in , whittier. It would not require a resident change , as a freshman , you can go anywhere. If he decided to leave as a sophomore, then a change would be needed. It really doesnt matter anyway, he wont go to La Habra, its obvious. Are kids from outside the La Habra area attending without resident change, or 30 day sit out, or whatever else is required, who knows, who cares. The big Question at La Habra is, who is the QB going to be for 2017? Will Fogel keep the job, or will Transfer, Dukas win the day? They also have Alex Flores, a local boy, who will probably get bounced. The real is, alot of guys on defense are gone, but Porter does a great job of reloading. Look for
Freshman, Cobah / OLB / rb, to be one of the greats in a tradition rich school at LB.
Aaron Porter
Alex Bush
Jake Calossion
Marcus Carrasco
Cam Rivas
to name a few.
Offensivley, they are trying to bring guys in, so they can compete in preseason and D-2 PLAYOFFS.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:32 am

hit the lights wrote:I guess Garcia isnt 6'3, like JT and Bru are not hold backs.

I don't recall anyone ever saying those athletes weren't holdbacks. What they weren't is two-time or three-time holdbacks like some uninformed posters here have insisted.

hit the lights wrote:He does live down the street in , whittier. It would not require a resident change , as a freshman , you can go anywhere. If he decided to leave as a sophomore, then a change would be needed.

I think we're mixing semantics here. Yes, as far as the CIF-SS is concerned, for athletic eligibility purposes, the young man can enroll in any high school in the Southern Section as a freshman. He can live in Paso Robles or El Centro and enroll in La Habra and still be immediately eligible for athletics. However, as far as La Habra High School and the Fullerton Joint Unified High School District are concerned, he must live in the school's enrollment area and/or the district boundaries respectively in order to enroll in and attend the school. And he doesn't. The fact that his family lives "down the street" (if six miles away qualifies as down the street) is irrelevant.

If La Habra, like some other top public programs, ignores their own residence requirements while also complaining about private schools' lack of enrollment boundaries, then shame on them.

Return to “High School”