Trump's Brain

broman

Trump's Brain

Postby broman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Had to catch up on my knowledge of Steve Bannon. Some of his ideas influencing Trump

Fourth Turning
The film, Generation Zero, which can be viewed on YouTube, was largely based on a theory laid out by William Strauss and Neil Howe in the 1990s in two remarkable books, Generations and The Fourth Turning. Bannon interviewed both Neil Howe and myself at length (Bill Strauss had died in 2007) about its implications for the immediate future. Looking at the whole sweep of American history, Strauss and Howe realized that a great crisis, involving the death of an old order and the birth of a new one, had occurred every 80 years at least since the 18th century. These crises included the period of the American Revolution and the Constitution (1774-1794), the Civil War (about 1860-1868), and the Depression and the Second World War (1929-1945). Doing the math, they predicted a fourth great crisis—or “fourth turning”—sometime in the first 15 years of the 21st century.

This is the fourth great crisis in American history,” Bannon told an audience at the Liberty Restoration Foundation, a conservative nonprofit, in 2011. “We had the Revolution. We had the Civil War. We had the Great Depression and World War II. This is the great Fourth Turning in American history, and we’re going to be one thing on the other side.”

Church Militant
…We’re at the very beginning stages of a very brutal and bloody conflict, of which if the people in this room, the people in the church, do not bind together and really form what I feel is an aspect of the church militant, to really be able to not just stand with our beliefs, but to fight for our beliefs against this new barbarity that’s starting, that will completely eradicate everything that we’ve been bequeathed over the last 2,000, 2,500 years.

Bannon doesn’t just believe that we are in an existential conflict with Islam or with China. It seems he wants to exacerbate those conflicts into a new world war. As a believer in Strauss and Howe’s theory of history, Bannon fantasizes that he can use that cataclysm to forge a completely new order. He is now in a position to make that a reality.
https://www.thenation.com/article/steve ... d-war-iii/

Omar Bongo

Re: Trump's Brain

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 pm

I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 pm

The one that came to mind for me.

Abby-Normal.jpg
Abby-Normal.jpg (21.01 KiB) Viewed 217 times
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:54 pm

When the Red and Blue Armies of Stratego attack, you won't be making light of the Fourth Tuning then. You have been warned.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 pm

I like Omar's killer brain video. What movie is that from?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 pm

It's either a clip from one of the Republican Debates or The Brain From Planet Arous, it's hard to tell the difference
Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks, that narrows it down. I should be able to find it now.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm

That's obviously Carly Fiorina he's attacking, and the guy with the ax looks like Mitt Romney to me...
Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:13 am

Carly Fiorina--I had forgotten about her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezJpN_CaDhE

"Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the video

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Speculation is one thing, but what really matters is who gets the most votes, right?

Clinton 65,844,610 48.2%

Trump 62,979,636 46.1%
Donald Trump

Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Clearly that's not what really matters. If it did, the private presidential bathroom would have bidet in it by now...and a private email server.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:09 pm

MDDad wrote:Clearly that's not what really matters

Ding DIng Ding! We have a winner!

Obviously what really matters is getting the votes of those poor disrespected non-elites whose votes just happen to count more than yours and mine

If it did, the private presidential bathroom would have bidet in it by now

What makes you think it doesn't...he's admitted he's a germaphobe
Donald Trump

Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:42 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Obviously what really matters is getting the votes of those poor disrespected non-elites whose votes just happen to count more than yours and mine.

Yes, that's what really matters. For better or worse, we've had the same process in place for over two hundred years -- a process that encourages candidates to campaign all-out in only four or five battleground states while ignoring the other 45. Trump did that and Hillary inexplicably didn't. Deal with it.

If you're generally dissatisfied with the system, rather than just when the latest Democratic candidate is shafted by it, can I assume that you've campaigned tirelessly against it, and written countless letters to your elected representatives in an effort to get the Constitution amended? Or is it easier to just whine about it here?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:56 am

OUCH!

broman

Postby broman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:29 am

All that really matters is we have a alt- right, white nationalist in the White House trying to bring about the apocalypse.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 pm

What...Do you want to live forever?

broman

Postby broman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Nope, but folks might wanna read up before Bannon gets us into a war. We all remember the Neocons?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:18 pm

MDDad wrote:For better or worse, we've had the same process in place for over two hundred years...

Not sure what your point is...if something has been around a long time, that makes it right? We had a process of people owning other people like property for hundreds of years as well...whether it's still relevent today is the question, isn't it?

...a process that encourages candidates to campaign all-out in only four or five battleground states while ignoring the other 45....

Case in point. I would bet this is a rather recent development due to urbanization and political polarization. Do you think that was an intended result of this process put in place 200 years ago?

Trump did that and Hillary inexplicably didn't.

Did and didn't what?

If you're generally dissatisfied with the system, rather than just when the latest Democratic candidate is shafted by it...

Shafted, exactly the word I would have used...so you agree it's a dumb way to elect a president too?

...can I assume that you've campaigned tirelessly against it, and written countless letters to your elected representatives in an effort to get the Constitution amended? Or is it easier to just whine about it here?

Sure, exactly as tirelessly and countlessly as you have about the things you and everybody else whines about here...

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:21 pm

broman wrote:All that really matters is we have a alt- right, white nationalist in the White House trying to bring about the apocalypse.

Sorry to go off topic on your thread, Broman. I agree Bannon is dangerous, I sincerely hope the rumors of him taking over for Flynn prove to be unfounded...

Return to “National”