A pay question?

Tommy Tar

A pay question?

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

If a woman can do the same job as a man and the boss can pay the woman less money why would the boss hire any men? --:--

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

joefutbol

Re: A pay question?

Postby joefutbol » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Because math.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Many do. I wouldn't be surprised if the company I work for is 3/4 women.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:...why would the boss hire any men?

Because if he didn't all those urinals would go to waste. Besides, would you want to run a company in which all your employees get PMS?

afan95

Postby afan95 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Because if he didn't all those urinals would go to waste. Besides, would you want to run a company in which all your employees get PMS?

Now you sound like Donald Trump.

Here's the other side of what your wrote:

Would you want to work for a company where all your employees think with their little head instead of their big head?

Would you want to work for a company where all your employees measure the size of their penis by the size of their paycheck or the size of their spouse's breasts or the make and model of their car?

Would you want to work for a company where all your employees can be so easily manipulated by a hint of cleavage, a tight skirt, or a pair of high heels?

Would you want to work for a company where all your employees have smaller balls than you do...especially when you don't have balls?

I can go on with what many women say about their male bosses or male leadership but I think you get the point.
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:49 pm

I get the point, but I guess you didn't get the joke.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:44 am

What was the joke? Women are more hormonal?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am

Gee, I’m sorry, Joe. I thought this thread started with a light-hearted OP and your first response. What was I thinking? I must have forgotten for a moment that we are no longer allowed to make any jokes about women, or African-Americans, Hispanics, Muslims or anyone in the LGBTQXYZ community. If we do, we’re offensive, insensitive and ignorant. Only white heterosexual men can be ridiculed with comments about thinking with their little heads, measuring the size of their penises by the size of their paychecks and wives’ breasts, being infatuated with cleavage, and having smaller balls than the next guy. That’s just plain witty humor, right?

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Apology accepted.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm

See, now you get the joke.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:09 am

Is this really a serious question?

We know there is a pay disparity, we can see it in the numbers.

Salaries are based on what the employee can negotiate the pay to be. What the company is willing to pay is based on perceived fit for the job. A company will only pay what it has to. Once your salary is anchored, a company will use your salary history to keep the pay in line. They are not going to pay you 50% more than the previous company. Once you anchor your salary, growth is harder to come by unless you negotiate. Many women are more hesitant to negotiate salary. So they set the anchor point lower and then it is magnified by the next job and the next one.

So if that is the case, why don't companies hire more women? They do. There just are not as many in the job market. That is starting to change but it is taking awhile. On my team of 21 there are 9 women. That is nearly half of my staff. I won't get into compensation as that is highly confidential and any hint of what we are paying could get me into hot water. I can say it is more toward equal pay.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:23 pm

MDDad wrote:Gee, I’m sorry, Joe.

Tough bein' an affluent white male in this country, ain't it?
I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 am

Yeah, sometimes it's a real bitch. Especially because we think with our little heads, compensate for small penises with big muscle cars, are hooked on cleavage and have no balls.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 am

What's wrong with muscle cars? My penis is comfortable; I have both balls, and cleavage is OK. thank you.

Do you lead an especially dull life, or does it just seem that way?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 am

Parrotpaul wrote:What's wrong with muscle cars? My penis is comfortable; I have both balls, and cleavage is OK. thank you.

Sounds like you need to have a chat with afan95.

Do you lead an especially dull life, or does it just seem that way?

Life is great, thanks. If it seems dull to you, that's your misperception.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 am

Lacking details one can only conjecture.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Return to “The Economy”