Still on Board with Trump Republican Voters?

seeinred

Still on Board with Trump Republican Voters?

Postby seeinred » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:27 am

Fox News (a for entertainment only news agency) the right-slanted news outlet is claiming a 5% slide in Trump's approval rating from February to March. They presumably only surveyed republicans, (as per usual) because numbers are much greater than that in most other polls. So after all the daily non-sense coming from your president, are you still as hyped about your boy as before???? Are you now starting to say WHOOPS???
Professor???
Checking in again on you man...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Still on Board with Trump Republican Voters?

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:03 am

Fox's polling is fairly accurate. It's how they word their analysis that their bias comes in. Their numbers agree with FiveThirtyEight's - 43% approve, 51% disapprove.

The rest of the findings aren't much better.

Forty-seven percent of voters approve of Trump's handling of the economy and 45 percent approve of his handling of terrorism.

On immigration, 41 percent approve of how the president is dealing with the issue. Only 35 percent approve of the president's handling of healthcare, and just 33 percent approve of how he is dealing with U.S.-Russian affairs.

A majority of voters, 54 percent, disapprove of the president's revised travel ban, and just 34 percent think the executive order makes the country safer.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... s-5-points
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Trump beat back questions about why the White House had accused Britain’s intelligence agency of having helped Obama surveil Trump Tower, saying press secretary Sean Spicer had merely read aloud a report from a Fox News legal analyst.

“We said nothing. All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I did not make an opinion on it,” Trump said.

“That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox. So you should not be talking to me. You should be talking to Fox.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -fake-news

That's. Ridiculous.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Still on board, Seein Red. We knew what he was like before Nov 8th. He's a Bozo, who is giving us the relief that we sought from liberal lunacy. And he's working on keeping his promises to us. Sorry to disappoint you.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Everyone knows Donald Trump is a childish moron, whether they're willing to admit it or not. So I'm not sure I see the point in people here continuing to harp on it fifty or a hundred times a day.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Still on board, Seein Red. We knew what he was like before Nov 8th. He's a Bozo, who is giving us the relief that we sought from liberal lunacy. And he's working on keeping his promises to us. Sorry to disappoint you.

What promises?

You're joking, right?
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

They warned us if more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton we'd get historic corruption in Washington. They were right.

ocfootballfan

Postby ocfootballfan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Dad.....the reason people talk about it here is because he says something outrageous every day.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 pm

So he wants to make a bunch of budget cuts on food for seniors, security in NY, veterans, building an expensive wall etc etc. all he would have to do instead is not take trips to Mar-a-Lago every week and we'd be fine and seniors can eat again. :roll:

Along with passing all these bills we need one that caps the costs of frivolous use of our tax money by the president. Even after he's out of the whitehouse we pay, like he paid for his own security. It's all good for him though, I guess this is just a lucrative hobby for him.

I hope I don't ever hear him talk about the national debt.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 pm

I'd be more than happy to discuss the 2017-2018 edition of the NE Patriots rather than Trump.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:17 pm

MDDad wrote:Everyone knows Donald Trump is a childish moron, whether they're willing to admit it or not. So I'm not sure I see the point in people here continuing to harp on it fifty or a hundred times a day.

Maybe they're not at the age yet where they've thrown in the towel and are running out the clock

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:41 pm

No, instead they're on this forum 24/7 like a bunch of Kardashian groupies waiting for the latest asinine tweet to complain about. I can't think of anything more productive than that.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:59 pm

I can't think of anything more productive than that.

Same here.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

They warned us if more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton we'd get historic corruption in Washington. They were right.

ocfootballfan

Postby ocfootballfan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Dad....that's part of the issue but this is more than partisan politics. There's more than a good chance that we elected someone that is certifiably nuts. The man just isn't right. I don't understand how he has been so successful in business.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:00 pm

...like a bunch of Kardashian groupies waiting for the latest asinine tweet to complain about

Your analogy makes no sense at all...Kardashian groupies complain about her?

I can't think of anything more productive than that

How about meekly accepting the daily embarrassments of the Disaster in Chief but continuing to make references to Hillary Clinton's private server...now that's productive
I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:10 pm

He submitted his budget.

During his campaign, he cast himself as an uncompromising populist who would fight for forgotten poor, rural Americans. But his budget blueprint is a betrayal of those people. Yet many still support him. It's mass Stockholm syndrome.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't think the thread title is particularly accurate. Many of the republicans who voted for him weren't "on board" with him in the first place, they just voted against someone else...now they get to reap what they sowed whether they like it or not =D>

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:14 pm

So I'm not sure I see the point in people here continuing to harp on it fifty or a hundred times a day.

And you keep harping back.. what's the difference?

Besides, Trump says fifty to a hundred stupid things a day, this is all a new thing to normal people. He's a train wreck that's hard to ignore and discuss. I think also, most of the discussion is therapy because this president and his administration is bats. He's like the classic abusive gaslighter.

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:32 pm

"He's a Bozo"
Hey Professor, I respect that you stick to your guns and all, but I can't get over the embarrassment of having, as you call him, "a Bozo" representing our country.
What about the decisions to go after the kids and elderly for budget cuts and instead spend as much as all those programs cost in vacation expenses down in FL? What about adding a couple trillion on new tanks etc???
How are we getting to the Great part with what he is doing?
No guilt at all???
Incomprehensible to me...
Carry on, I guess...

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:06 pm

You're looking for logic in a vote made on pure emotion...save your breath
I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:44 pm

A program being gutted in the "hard budget" is the Appalachian Regional Commission (13 States)

North Carolina
In fiscal year 2017, the ARC requested $120 million, and if the ARC budget were to remain the same, the elimination of the program would only account for 0.22 percent of the $54 billion increase in defense spending.

In January, Gov. Roy Cooper “recommended eight community and regional projects in Western North Carolina for Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) funding. The recommendations total more than $3 million in ARC funds,” according to a press release.

One of Cooper’s suggested projects for funding approval is for the city of Morganton, totaling $1.37 million to “support the construction of an access road to a new commercial development. This project could create 45 jobs and leverage approximately $2.7 million in private investment,” according to a press release.

In October 2015, the ARC provided a $300,000 grant to support North Carolina’s textile industry in Burke County.
http://www.morganton.com/news/western-n ... 267ed.html

Kentucky
ARC helped give nearly $3 million in a grant to an effort called TechHire Eastern Kentucky in order to retrain workers for jobs in technology and communications, with a big push for investment in the region for the development of a tech sector. The first pilot class of trainees had 1600 applicants for roughly 50 seats.

Carter County and most of Eastern Kentucky are in what ARC calls "Distressed Counties," 84 areas that ARC is directing aid and grants to try to pull the region out of poverty, with another 100 or so counties considered "At Risk" for slipping into the "Distressed" category. The agency funded 400 projects last year. In fiscal 2015, ARC was responsible for finding jobs for over 23,000 people.
http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

Alabama
Muscle Shoals Mayor David Bradford says ARC funds were critical in the creation of Shoals Research Airpark. The ARC provided $500,000 to help build roads into the 600-acre industrial park.

“We’ve used it for infrastructure development to get companies to locate there,” Bradford said Friday. “It’s job creation.”

50,000 in 2016 for Hartselle City Schools to purchase 15 3-D printers. Math teachers throughout the school system will incorporate 3-D design and printing into their curriculum to enhance students’ knowledge of basic math, geometry and trigonometry.

• $75,000 to allow Athens State University instructors to mentor 50 new public school teachers in Limestone and Morgan counties in order to obtain better student achievement.

• $58,344 to build a farmer’s market in Somerville.

• $200,000 for Calhoun Community College to help it train more utility line workers, and increase the number of apprentices in its advanced manufacturing training program.

• $100,000 for health screenings for students in 17 counties.
http://www.timesdaily.com/news/state-ca ... c4842.html

Return to “National”