The Clinton Foundation Shuts Down

Playthegame

The Clinton Foundation Shuts Down

Postby Playthegame » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Truth comes out. It was a slush fund.

The Clinton Foundation Shuts Down Clinton Global Initiative

Snip:

But as soon as Clinton lost the election, many of the criticisms directed toward the Clinton Foundation were reaffirmed. Foreign governments began pulling out of annual donations, signaling the organization’s clout was predicated on donor access to the Clintons, rather than its philanthropic work.

Also...

On January 12, the Clinton Foundation received more bad news: a WARN notice was filed with the New York Department of Labor. The main office of the Clinton Global Initiative in New York City would be closing, laying off 22 employees.

You know she could have gone back to work at the Foundation and uh...

Maybe there just wasn't enough money in charity...

You don't think...? Nah...she wouldn't? Would she? Organize? Make another run? Oh My!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: The Clinton Foundation Shuts Down

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:15 am

The Clinton Global Initiative is shutting down. The Clinton Foundation is still in operation.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:35 am

Bill Clinton announced this last August, so...
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:22 am

It will be interesting to see what kind of money is raised going forward, I suspect it will be a miniscule amount now that pay for play has been confirmed and exposed.

Not much influence to peddle at this point.

It was a slush fund...and that was the point.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Playthegame wrote:But as soon as Clinton lost the election, many of the criticisms directed toward the Clinton Foundation were reaffirmed. Foreign governments began pulling out of annual donations, signaling the organization’s clout was predicated on donor access to the Clintons, rather than its philanthropic work.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 am

Folks have had a hard time understanding the details with this. JQP correctly pointed out that the Clinton Foundation is not shutting down. I suspect it will carry on for many years to come. It certainly suffered from negative publicity, but it's not closing.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 am

And then there's the matter of a Trump supporter accusing anybody of pay to play. Sheesh!

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

and there is the issue of hypocrisy by many...

Why is it ok if your guy or gal is corrupt, lies, peddles influence, breaks numerous laws, suppresses free speech (IRS Scandal) unmasks US citizens...these are all facts established by undisputed reports in the media...not editorial.

It will be very interesting to see if the Clinton foundation continues to collect billions of dollars and gets 500 k speaking gigs...

But as soon as Clinton lost the election, many of the criticisms directed toward the Clinton Foundation were reaffirmed. Foreign governments began pulling out of annual donations, signaling the organization’s clout was predicated on donor access to the Clintons, rather than its philanthropic work.
The government in America is corrupt...Fast and furious, Lynch/Clinton, Holder refusal to release subpoena requests...

On and on.

Trump has been in office just over two months...now he may commit crimes but no agency of the federal government has found any evidence of collusion on the other hand time after time, lies, corruption, Millions to the Clintons, civil liberty abuse....

Just no comparison...regardless of your label!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:57 pm

"My guy" didn't get to the finals, and I haven't seen anything about him being corrupt, lying, peddling influence breaking numerous laws, suppressing free speech or unmasking American citizens. But your guy appointed his biggest donor to a Cabinet position she doesn't know the first thing about and another to head the Small Business Administration. You're in no position to criticize anyone for peddling influence.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Playthegame wrote:It will be interesting to see what kind of money is raised going forward.....

Why do you care?
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

They warned us if more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton we'd get historic corruption in Washington. They were right.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 am

Jake - you sound a little bitter, sorry for your loss! "Elections have consequences" we are 64 days in and off to a good start. Obamacare lite failed for good reason, we have years to do it right...Republicans were not ready for prime time, locked in to do nothing mode and Dems are now popping do nothing steroids, Obamacare bill is coming due you best get out your check book.

Anyone know what current philanthropic ventures the Clinton Foundation is working on? Not much news lately...

Not4U perhaps you can update us?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am

Playthegame wrote:Jake - you sound a little bitter, sorry for your loss!

Nah, not bitter. Just a little amazed that anybody capable of walking upright could like the guy. But I'm trying to understand.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 am

Playthegame wrote:Jake - you sound a little bitter, sorry for your loss!
Attachments
2017-03-24 03.43.59.jpg
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

They warned us if more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton we'd get historic corruption in Washington. They were right.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 am

I don't know DT so I can't comment on like or dislike, as for policies and what he said he would do...that I like.

Just seems better than lying, peddling influence, mishandling classified information, conducting all Government business on a private server or legislating by executive order, lying about major legislation and all of the promises broken, lying to the American people repeatedly on Healthcare and Benghazi, IRS Scandal, obstruction of justice, fast and furious, economic stagnation on and on and on...

I am :shock: that anybody, regardless of ambulation thinks Obama/HRC Administration have done, would have done a good job for all Americans vs. good for some at the expense of others legislation.

I will take Amazing though...skateboard and bike too!

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 am

Wabash...that is the problem with most politicians these days, instead of working out solutions, acting like children.

It's how Dems roll these days...why we are where we are at...not Great!

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 am

Playthegame wrote:Just seems better than lying, peddling influence, mishandling classified information, conducting all Government business on a private server or legislating by executive order, lying about major legislation and all of the promises broken.....

You're describing the Trump Administration. And it's only been 67 days.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 am

Children's games...

I know you but are what am I?

Boy the Trump admin has been very productive for 67 days, took Obama 8 yrs...
Last edited by Playthegame on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:51 am

Wabash Johnson is right. He covered most of those before his first golf trip.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

Johnson = Richard, you banned me for that, Hypocrite...no wonder many don't post here any longer, Luca, MDDad noticeably absent.

When you can't win with facts, resort to name calling...It's how you roll...Unless of course Wabash's last name is Johnson...perhaps a comma would fix that.

Play on children...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 am

You'd have to have seen the movie.

Return to “National”