Did anyone watch 4-Vertical

albundyrules

Did anyone watch 4-Vertical

Postby albundyrules » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 am

Just was wondering if anybody had the chance to see the games last Sunday at Fountain Valley

downtothewire

Re: Did anyone watch 4-Vertical

Postby downtothewire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:20 pm

I did. Mater Dei was athletic as hell, CdM looked pretty good too, had a good QB. Bosco was fast as expected. Servite looked bad. St. Paul had a team but I was told none of those kids are going to St. Paul.

All in all, nice event. The kids were all huge and athletic. Hard to believe these are only 7th and 8th graders.

Fridayisgameday

Postby Fridayisgameday » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:38 pm

The one thing i heard about sunday at 4 vert , was that CDM QB looked really good, is the kid GENERAL BOOTY? I know General repeated 8th grade last year with the thought of GARBER graduating and Booty stepping in and starting as a FRESHMAN..
IT seems like more and more hold back QB'S want to be given the opportunity to start as freshman...

kid66

Postby kid66 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Yes, that qb is Booty going to CDM. Before the board gets going on another rant about QB's being held back, I have heard that he actually was pushed up a grade a few years ago. He was supposed to go to Sage High School where his dad was coaching, but it didn't' work out. Then over to MD, but the family doesn't want the kid sit two years behind Daniels and I think the family all want to coach. So then he was held back. So off to CDM, which I believe is his neighborhood school. His grandpa was a legendary coach in Louisiana and his uncle played QB at USC.

albundyrules

4-Vertical

Postby albundyrules » Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 am

I went and watched 4-vertical championship yesterday. A few thoughts......
1. What has Mater Dei become? They have kids who are straight up disrespectful and classless. They lose in the final to Los Al and their kids threw punches at an opposing player.
2. Their "B Team" made up of 7th and 8th graders.....Well lets just call them "parents who pay for the A Team" :lol: :lol: :lol:
3. Their coaches........who is the dude with the long pony tail looks like straight from the I.E. There was a play in the semi finals where MD was called for a PI and the "Red head Coach" sprinted from the sideline and got in the face of the ref and was screaming like a maniac. Then when they won he stared at the Serra Gardena sideline and yelled four times yes four time "F*** yeah".
4. ROCK AND ROLL BABY!!! is this what you are allowing just to win? Well, at least try to win. Maybe Steve D. is telling you how to run your program. But it is pretty sad when teams like Serra Gardena and los al bellflower CDM Mission play with more respect and class than your program ROLLO. Again, is it your program --:-- or is it the guy with the pony tail :eh?:

Besides that great day and 4-vert is one of the best tournament out there. :rockon:

RoadRunner

Re: 4-Vertical

Postby RoadRunner » Mon May 08, 2017 9:16 am

Straight from the IE? You mean the Evil Empire who has been kicking the Trinity azz the last few years...gotcha
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

BoscoBrave

Re: 4-Vertical

Postby BoscoBrave » Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 am

Really? What about last year when Bosco beat your beloved cc?

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Mon May 08, 2017 10:50 am

actually I can`t stand CC...but what boscos record against them?

albundyrules

Postby albundyrules » Mon May 08, 2017 11:24 am

2-2

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Mon May 08, 2017 11:59 am

thanks....

credofriar

Postby credofriar » Mon May 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I was not there yesterday but I have been a couple other weekends.

The pony tail guyg is Pat Dunbar. He is the IE Ducks handler for MD. He steers and yes MDDad (Close your ears) pays for some of the kids tuition. (His family owns Affliction). He was a IE ducks coach, brought in tons of IE Ducks and coached freshman last year and is moving up to varsity this year although the current varsity staff knows he is a clown.

The red head guys is the varsity db coach the past 2 or 3 seasons.

You think that group was bad you should see the Varsity group at the club PL tournaments. Throwing punches is called re-routing. Kids have been kicked out of tournaments for it. And every basic catch from Amon or Nikko or CJ is held in the defenders face like they made some amazing coach.

Yes I know I am biased as a servite homer, but it is really sad what Bruce has done to try to get an advantage....it used to be his way or the highway. Can't believe he has let the ship steer so far from his what it was.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon May 08, 2017 1:30 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Straight from the IE? You mean the Evil Empire who has been kicking the Trinity azz the last few years...gotcha

2016 = 3-9
2015 = 4-6
2014 = 3-8
2013 = 0-3

The IE's record against the Trinity the last 4 years is 10-26, with nine of those wins coming by way of CC. Take CC out of the equation and the IE is 1-13, with their only win being Upland over Olu last year. I might have missed a couple.

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Mon May 08, 2017 1:59 pm

FYI.... Evil Empire is CC nickname...carry on Joe...carry on

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm aware. I just didn't think you were hanging your hat on the team that you hate's record against the the bottom half of a league the next county over.

RoadRunner

Postby RoadRunner » Mon May 08, 2017 2:08 pm

lol....fair enough

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm

credofriar wrote:
You think that group was bad you should see the Varsity group at the club PL tournaments. Throwing punches is called re-routing. Kids have been kicked out of tournaments for it. And every basic catch from Amon or Nikko or CJ is held in the defenders face like they made some amazing coach.

Yes I know I am biased as a servite homer, but it is really sad what Bruce has done to try to get an advantage....it used to be his way or the highway. Can't believe he has let the ship steer so far from his what it was.

Throwing punches is that what you call it? The kids kicked out of tournaments are the ones who take the man-handling, re-route, too far causing the unsportsmanlike conducts and ejections. Its the defensive backs that initiate contact and feel they have to jam, hold, punch what ever you want to call it. Ask Greg Biggins, about it. He's tired of it and frowns upon it. Just cover and use technique, and run. A good corner doesn't have to do that. Just get that jam on after 5 yards, run.. and cover.

Yes, times have changed. Football at the high school level has evolved. I know a lot of people who frequent this site are of the old guard, but it is what it is. Its not going to change back to what it was.

Bick

Postby Bick » Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 am

downtothewire wrote:I did. Mater Dei was athletic as hell, CdM looked pretty good too, had a good QB. Bosco was fast as expected. Servite looked bad. St. Paul had a team but I was told none of those kids are going to St. Paul.

All in all, nice event. The kids were all huge and athletic. Hard to believe these are only 7th and 8th graders.

Had a public school team won this event prior to Los Al?

MDGuy

Postby MDGuy » Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am

credofriar wrote:I was not there yesterday but I have been a couple other weekends.
The pony tail guyg is Pat Dunbar. He is the IE Ducks handler for MD. He steers and yes MDDad (Close your ears) pays for some of the kids tuition. (His family owns Affliction). He was a IE ducks coach, brought in tons of IE Ducks and coached freshman last year and is moving up to varsity this year although the current varsity staff knows he is a clown.

Did you mean Pat Dubar? If so, he played at MD in the 80s at Safety and fill-in QB back in the day when we couldn't find a QB. I had wondered if the current LB was his kid. Good guy.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue May 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Pat did indeed play football at Mater Dei in the 80's, but he was a much better baseball player. Current LB Steele Dubar is his nephew.

TheBigRedMachine

Postby TheBigRedMachine » Wed May 10, 2017 2:48 pm

for someone that goes to Servite sure knows a lot about what goes on at Mater Dei. Sounds like your son couldn't get in so he had to go and play at Servite. For your information Pat Dubar is one of the most winning coaches from the youth level to now HS level. Don't let the long hair foul you into believe hes just one of those guys who doesn't know anything about the Mater Dei culture. He is an alumni who was a 2 sport athlete who was POY for football and baseball. He is helping Coach Rollo in keeping up the winning tradition at the program right now. Let me know when Servite comes back up... oh wait you guys are still waiting for Coach Thomas to come back... that's right I forgot. Cheers!

Return to “High School”