The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Another Trump Vacation (and other Trump Expenses)

ShiftyMutt

Another Trump Vacation (and other Trump Expenses)

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 am

Stemming from the "Obama vacation" thread, shall we compare the cost of Trump?
.. and why aren't republicans on fire about this? Not a peep, only to say "but he's working while on vacation" - well, so did Obama.

Aside from Melania's separate residence costing "between 127 and 147 thousand in expenses per day, so far Donald's vacation trips have cost 24 million in 10 weeks (I think Palm Beach want's an extra 60 million for services)

At this pace he will cost 120 million a year, that's 23 mil more than Obama's entire term

This doesn't include the Trump kids (vacation to Aspin, so-called business trips, etc.)

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump- ... 13985.html
Last edited by ShiftyMutt on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Another Trump Vacation (and other Trump Expenses)

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 am

Between 127 and 147 thousand per day.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:30 am

Oops, my bad. I edited.

But the expense for Melania and Baron are apparently around 145 million for their time in NY.

And the new fancy shmancy helipad installed at Mar-a-Lago....that he uses for his own copter in the meantime.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:45 am

ShiftyMutt wrote:But the expense for Melania and Baron are apparently around 145 million for their time in NY.

($127,000 to $147,000 per day) X (81 days in office) = $11 million. Not sure how you arrived at $145 million, unless this is the New New Math.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:57 am

Of course the GOP says nothing. What did you expect?

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:32 am

MDDad wrote:($127,000 to $147,000 per day) X (81 days in office) = $11 million. Not sure how you arrived at $145 million, unless this is the New New Math.

Apparently that's only when Donald isn't visiting.

According the NY city officials it costs 1 million a day for Donald.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/news/pr ... index.html

On days when Mr. Trump is not in the city, the department estimates that it costs $127,000 to $146,000 a day “to protect the first lady and her son while they reside in Trump Tower.” On days when Mr. Trump is in New York City — he has not yet returned since his inauguration — the Police Department anticipates “an average daily rate of $308,000.”

That would come out to about $50 million a year if Mr. Trump avoided returning to Manhattan, or just over $60 million if he began returning on weekends.

http://www.snopes.com/melania-trump-nyc-costs/

But your point that Melania and Barron are only costing 11 million in 81 days as to the cost of Obama's 12 million a year, doesn't count Donald.

.. and I still don't hear a peep from <fiscal> conservatives.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:22 pm

And you won't, because the Democrats have so polarized government today, that no one is interested in any point the other side makes.

I'll go a step further. the opposition has been so ridiculous that, we are now in favor of anything that irritates you Democrats. :slapfight:
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Ah, yes. It was the Democrats, and Democrats alone, who have politically polarized the country. (Insert rolling eyes smiley face)

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Professor Fate wrote:... we are now in favor of anything that irritates you Democrats. :slapfight:

How Trump-esk.. even at the expense of poor or struggling people. You must be well off and immune to any harm.

When the lavish life of a billionaire is more important than basic humanity, yeah we democrats get a little pissed off. Especially when 1/3 of this kind of spending was something conservatives used to bash Obama for.

Damaging H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-SY

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm

"Democrats have so polarized government today." Democrats! Sure thing. The wild success of Air America, the Current Channel and MSNBC are all the proof you need, right? And then there's their 8 years of stonewalling Obama because he wasn't liberal enough, their killing the vote on Trumpcare and all those tea parties they were having and all those rallies they were having and all those misspelled signs they were holding up.

Oh. What? That wasn't them? Sorry. :oops:

My God. How blind do you have to be?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Shifty, and JQP,

You know, without commenting on any of your points, my point is simply that one can attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

There's a big difference between stonewalling a president because you oppose his policies, and opposing everything a president does, just because you can't stand him.

In the first case, you're trying to keep the country on the right track. In the second case you're trying to undermine the president in everything he does, hoping that he will fail at everything, even if it means the country fails along with him.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:24 pm

You should have told that to McConnell back in '09.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 pm

PF, your last sentence described the GOP during the Obama years.
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Yes, I hope he fails because the sooner he does the sooner we can get the country back to a respectable and safe level.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Professor Fate wrote: you're trying to undermine the president in everything he does, hoping that he will fail at everything, even if it means the country fails along with him

Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years...

To date, Trump has spent six weekends -- and a total of 21 days -- at Mar-A-Lago, his private Palm Beach club. The total estimated costs for those trips are around $21.6 million...

Obama, by contrast, spent just under $97 million on travel in his eight years as president, according to documents reviewed by Judicial Watch, a conservative government watchdog...

http://us.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/donald-trump-obama-travel-costs/index.html
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:06 am

Professor Fate wrote:You know, without commenting on any of your points, my point is simply that one can attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

Then why do you keep spewing vinegar?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Unless I'm missing something, why doesn't this cheap bastard let the secret service ride the carts for free?

The Secret Service has spent more than $35,000 on golf cart rentals at President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort since his inauguration, CBS News reported Friday, as Trump begins another weekend in Florida.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... rt-rentals

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Anybody got a figure for what his family has cost us in factory-worker-cum-Walmart-stocker's tax bills?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 pm

ShiftyMutt wrote:Unless I'm missing something, why doesn't this cheap bastard let the secret service ride the carts for free?

The Secret Service has spent more than $35,000 on golf cart rentals at President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort since his inauguration, CBS News reported Friday, as Trump begins another weekend in Florida.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... rt-rentals

I think the problem in general--at all Trump properties--is that the government by law has to pay for any space taken or transportation used. That's what makes it such a racket for Trump.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Return to “National”