Bill O'Reilly Unemployment Pool

Fordama

Bill O'Reilly Unemployment Pool

Postby Fordama » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am

It's 10AM on Wednesday as I post this. Reports swirling around about O'Reilly getting canned at FOX.

I say he's gone officially Thursday afternoon.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

ShiftyMutt

Re: Bill O'Reilly Unemployment Pool

Postby ShiftyMutt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:20 am

On 4/20

I'll be sure to celebrate

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 am

The thing is it takes financial loss to pull support from O'Reilly, not the actual assault charges. Had they not lost money it would have gone under the rug.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 am

Fordama wrote:It's 10AM on Wednesday as I post this. Reports swirling around about O'Reilly getting canned at FOX.

I say he's gone officially Thursday afternoon.

Is it too late to take the unders?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:34 am

No kidding!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 pm

I will miss O'Reilly. Very smart man, very articulate. He's old enough to retire, is probably a multi-millionaire, and has his books for continued income. He'll be fine.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

He is still a perv.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

They warned us if more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton we'd get historic corruption in Washington. They were right.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Professor Fate wrote:I will miss O'Reilly. Very smart man, very articulate. He's old enough to retire, is probably a multi-millionaire, and has his books for continued income. He'll be fine.

Boy, do I disagree. I say good riddance to bad garbage. For a man who considers himself a serious journalist and commentator, O'Reilly was rude, arrogant, and often without an ounce of professionalism. Furthermore, the assembly-line books "he" supposedly researches and writes at the rate of two a year are an insult to American literature and gullibility. Sorry, but I won't miss him a bit.

broman

Postby broman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm

He should of ran for president and.... I'll let Franklin Graham explain why the evangelicals could still vote for Trump

A lot of people are slamming evangelicals for supposedly giving Donald J. Trump a pass. That’s simply not true. No one is giving him a pass. I’m certainly not, and I’ve not met an evangelical yet who condones his language or inexcusable behavior from over a decade ago. However, he has apologized to his wife, his family, and to the American people for this. He has taken full responsibility. This election isn’t about Donald Trump’s behavior from 11 years ago or Hillary Clinton’s recent missing emails, lies, and false statements. This election is about the Supreme Court and the justices that the next president will nominate. Evangelicals are going to have to decide which candidate they trust to nominate men and women to the court who will defend the constitution and support religious freedoms. My prayer is that Christians will not be deceived by the liberal media about what is at stake for future generations...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

MDDad wrote:by MDDad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Boy, do I disagree. I say good riddance to bad garbage. For a man who considers himself a serious journalist and commentator, O'Reilly was rude, arrogant, and often without an ounce of professionalism. Furthermore, the assembly-line books "he" supposedly researches and writes at the rate of two a year are an insult to American literature and gullibility. Sorry, but I won't miss him a bit.

I am surprised by your opinion, to which you are entitled, of course. I disagree with your statement that he was rude arrogant and unprofessional. I watched him a lot, and I didn't get the same opinion of him.

I will say that I did wonder about how fast he put out those books, and since I haven't read any of them, I naturally will not dispute your opinion of them. I know you are a history buff, as am I, so your opinion of them holds great weight with me.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

broman wrote:However, he has apologized to his wife, his family, and to the American people for this. He has taken full responsibility.

Clinton apologized also. Why wasn't his apology accepted like Trump's?

Situational morals.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm

MDDad wrote:Boy, do I disagree. I say good riddance to bad garbage. For a man who considers himself a serious journalist and commentator, O'Reilly was rude, arrogant, and often without an ounce of professionalism. Furthermore, the assembly-line books "he" supposedly researches and writes at the rate of two a year are an insult to American literature and gullibility. Sorry, but I won't miss him a bit.

The funny thing is that he is a smart guy. He can--when he's not playing the blowhard--actually think and be reasonable.
But he found it a lot more profitable to be that insufferable blowhard.

I thought there'd be a day or two more legal wrangling before he was out. Good news for the women in the office, that's for sure!

Fordama

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 pm

The thing is it takes financial loss to pull support from O'Reilly, not the actual assault charges. Had they not lost money it would have gone under the rug.

Keeping the $13 million in bribes secret from the shareholders didn't help either

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm

The irony is women ultimately brought him down.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Guess who is still here?
Maxine.jpg
Maxine.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:14 pm

I can't decide who's hotter. Maxine Waters, or Nancy Pelosi.

Either way, I doubt if they were ever in danger from Bill O'Reilly. :hide:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 pm

I can't decide who's hotter. Maxine Waters, or Nancy Pelosi

Since Pelosi is 77 and Waters is 78 I'm guessing you're either a Spanish-American War vet or the most passionate liberal the world has ever seen
How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

We are not an ethno-state, with identity rooted in shared blood...the option of a white man's republic ended at Appomattox
Daniel Fried

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 pm

I'm curious about how Fox will fill his spot and where he'll go from here. Fox doesn't seem to own his website but traffic estimates say it gets under a million visits a day, which probably only pays whoever runs it for him. Good advertising for his books and speaking engagements, though. And ya gotta know there will still be a market for those.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 am

There will be a segment of idiots who believe that he was mistreated and still buy his books, or maybe watch him on some online show.

The Daily Show ran a little "best of" on O'Reilly. His true reprehensibility about race starts about 5 minutes into the clip, and peaks when he talks about a trip to a restaurant in Harlem. Then an anger segment that starts around 8:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nIlIPjUsuA
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: embedded the video

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 am

I hate to go off on my feminist rant (ok maybe I don't) but let's have some perspective here ..

O'Reilly got away with this and his language for yeeeears, even blatantly in the public eye - for yeeeears.

But oh my god! Hillary's emails!

Trump is under investigation for Russian ties and has had numerous allegations of sexual assault, stiffing workers, paid off the fraud Trump University to make it go away.

But oh my god! Hillary's emails!

Return to “National”