Trump Voters Have No Buyer's Remorse

Professor Fate

Trump Voters Have No Buyer's Remorse

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:05 am

...but Clinton voters do.

Aaron Blake in the Washington Post, has some very bad news for those who are hoping that Trump voters will get disallusioned. It's not happening. Only 4% of Trump voters say they would back another candidate if there was a redo of the election. 15% of Hillary voters on the other hand, say they would dump her. 4% to Johnson, 2% to Trump, 2% to Stein, 2% for some other candidate, 1% wouldn't vote, 1% had no opinion, 3% said none of these.

He says Trump would win the popular vote by 43%-40%.

Also, ...The Pew Research Center released a poll showing very little buyer's remorse among Trump voters. The poll showed just 7 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say Trump has performed worse than they expected him to. Fully 38 percent — five times as many — say he has performed better.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

Sorry Wabash, sorry Shifty. --:--

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Trump Voters Have No Buyer's Remorse

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 am

I doubt that. I read a story a few days ago that said his support among reluctant Trump voters - the ones who put him over the top - wasn't good at all.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 am

So what? The election is over. We are stuck with him.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:19 pm

The same poll cited above said,

"Sixty-seven percent of respondents said the Democratic Party was out of touch, as did 62% for the Republican Party. Less than a third said either party was 'in touch.'

Trump faired slightly better than the parties, with 58% saying he was out of touch."

which I thought was more interesting.

It also said 54% said they did not have a problem with Trump working out of Mar-a-lago. Also interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/23/politics/ ... oval-poll/

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 pm

who are hoping that Trump voters will get disallusioned.

They were disillusioned when they voted for him.

I heard an upside to all this today.. that Crosby Stills Nash and Young may get back together to go against Trump because their hate for him is greater than their hate for each other.

Silver linings :mrgreen: ..

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Trump supporters are so disillusioned they think he is doing a good job. Why would anything think they would change their minds now? The truth has never mattered anyway, so why does it matter that he hasn't really delivered on much of anything he promised in his first 100 days.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:58 pm

I read a story a few days ago that said his support among reluctant Trump voters - the ones who put him over the top - wasn't good at all

His "base" base is about 32%-35%, the others that brought him up to 46% in the election were anyone-but-Hillary voters who really don't "support" him at all

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 pm

...and about 13 million more people voted against Trump.

I have to keep reminding myself of this.. just to keep my own sanity.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:07 am

This poll brings to mind the old saying.

"It's easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled."

Trump followers exemplify that.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:18 am

"It's easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled."
Mark Twain. :thumbsup:
Prophetic in today's world...

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:21 pm

When you buy a Hyundai you can't complain because it doesn't handle like a Ferrari.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm

..and in the end, after it's all said and done, he is the POTUS!
.. and to think he could actually be the POTUS for the next 7.8 years!

broman

Postby broman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm

True.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Fordama wrote:When you buy a Hyundai you can't complain because it doesn't handle like a Ferrari.

I have no problem driving a Hyundai as long them other folks are taking the bus.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Donald says the polls are fake. I think. Does anybody here speak Gibberish?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 13h
The two fake news polls released yesterday, ABC & NBC, while containing some very positive info, were totally wrong in General E. Watch!

broman

Postby broman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:27 pm

How do you reason with the person who accepts the truthfulness of this tweet without any corresponding evidence? If that is not figured out soon, Cruiser may have a point.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:05 pm

The OCR's political writer has a story on this today.

Trump loyalists lash out at reporting on polls

“U r an idiot.”

Of 20 or so emails I received from Donald Trump supporters in the past week, this one from Michael J. Coldiron was the most concise.

The story provoking the responses looked at a new Southern California poll — in which nearly half of the 800 respondents said the president was “making America worse” — and placed that in the context of historical nationwide Gallup polling on other presidents’ first 100 days in office.

I had written that Trump took office with the lowest approval rating (45 percent) since Gallup began polling the 100-day question. with Dwight Eisenhower. The front-page article said Trump was on track not only to post the lowest rating at the 100-day mark of any president, but that he also was likely to see the biggest drop in approval ratings since being sworn into office.

“At some point you might stop being so biased and act like a journalist,” suggested Luan Fogg. “Not all of us fell into a depression or spend our days crying over the election.”

The fact that 2% of those who voted for him now regret it is an interesting statistic. If those 2% are in the right place Trump would lose if there were an election do-over.

As more and more of his follower realize they've been conned I expect that 2% number to increase. Steelworkers are amongst many that are not happy with his promise versus his actions. There are others.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:30 am

I told a lot of people during the election that his promises were empty. There was no way he could deliver on even half of what he was saying. They didn't care. They wanted to give him a chance. Anything had to be better than Hillary right?

Trump supporters fell into categories
1) Those who wanted a conservative Supreme Court justice, especially one who would sway the court from their "activist" rulings on things like gay marriage.
2) Those who simply hated HRC. You could have put anyone against HRC and they would have voted for them.
3) Those who wanted the wall and everything that came with it. Some wanted it so that the white majority could return and dominate this country. Others because they mistakenly believe that immigrants come only from Mexico.
4) The rest of the voters who were naive enough to believe the lies Trump told about jobs, the economy and his knowledge of foreign policy.

Only those in the 4th category would be the least bit upset and they don't feel his lack of progress is his fault. I mean, his executive orders are being overturned and there's that whole Russian investigation and the wiretapping that are keeping him from being able to do his job.

Why would anyone who voted for the guy really be unhappy now, unless they just woke up from their drunken state and turned the light on to realize who was in bed next to them.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:57 am

The actions by the Trump followers is a perfect example of white male privilege. This popped into my Inbox from a friend of mine. I usually discount most of what is sent since it is left wing tin foil hat stuff. But this one is pretty good.

WHAT DOES WHITE, MALE, RICH, PRIVILEGE LOOK LIKE IN THE USA?

Imagine this scenario: Hillary Clinton is president. It's learned that she has deep ties to Putin and the Russian spy agency. She puts utterly unqualified billionaires in cabinet posts. She pursues public policies that benefit her and her billionaire friends.

She puts her daughter Chelsea in a position of influence in the West Wing, gives her her own office and allows her to use that position to forward her own business interests. And Chelsea's husband is her chief advisor. The private business trips taken by Chelsea and her husband are paid for by the taxpayers.

She refuses to release any tax returns, she blocks access to the visitor logs in the White House and Bill refuses to live in the White House so our tax dollars are spent keeping him safe in Chappaqua.

Hillary spends almost every weekend lounging in her own, privately-held resort. Her private resort gets reimbursed for any and all "official" government functions (including security) because she chooses to conduct all her "business" and personal functions there. She and her family live in three White Houses at the same time.

In an interview, she names the wrong country she bombed while bragging about the chocolate cake she was eating while she ordered said bombing. I could go on and on. The point is that the outrage, the outcries, the screaming by Republicans would be heard around the world and impeachment proceedings would already be underway.

By the way, this is not about political party affiliation. Let's face it, if Hillary - or any woman or minority candidate - had five children from three partners s/he would never have survived the primary.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Not sure what all the fuss is about - if Trump voters were dumb enough to vote for him in the first place, wouldn't it be illogical to expect them to be smart enough to realize their mistake?
I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Return to “National”