The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Trump AP Interview/bad James Joyce Knockoff

Wabash

Trump AP Interview/bad James Joyce Knockoff

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 am

This interview represents Trump's first 100 days perfectly:
-Unintelligible
-Chaotic
-Filled with alternative facts

AP Interview with Trump

This is an example.

TRUMP: I don't know yet. People want the border wall. My base definitely wants the border wall, my base really wants it — you've been to many of the rallies. OK, the thing they want more than anything is the wall. My base, which is a big base; I think my base is 45 percent. You know, it's funny. The Democrats, they have a big advantage in the electoral college. Big, big, big advantage. I've always said the popular vote would be a lot easier than the electoral college. The electoral college — but it's a whole different campaign (unintelligible). The electoral college is very difficult for a Republican to win, and I will tell you, the people want to see it. They want to see the wall, they want to see security. Now, it just came out that they're 73 percent down. ... That's a tremendous achievement. ... Look at this, in 100 days, that down to the lowest in 17 years and it's going lower. Now, people aren't coming because they know they're not going to get through, and there isn't crime. You know the migration up to the border is horrible for women, you know that? (Unintelligible.) Now, much of that's stopped because they can't get through.

Here's another referencing Rep. Elijah Cummings.

“Well he said, you’ll be the greatest president in the history of, but you know what, I’ll take that also, but that you could be. But he said, will be the greatest president but I would also accept the other. In other words, if you do your job, but I accept that. Then I watched him interviewed and it was like he never even was here. It’s incredible. I watched him interviewed a week later and it’s like he was never in my office. And you can even say that.”

It's difficult to read. Not because of the language used. But how the language is used.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Fordama

Re: Trump AP Interview/bad James Joyce Knockoff

Postby Fordama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:03 am

Ladies and gentlemen, President Norm Crosby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnX-EPaAIdU
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

Too bad he didn't pick Palin as a running mate.

1. Neither one of them would make any sense.

2. He'd be completely unimpeachable.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 am

I forgot about Norm Crosby. I was thinking more along the lines of Prof. Irwin Corey.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Here's a website that talks about the connection between speech patterns and cognitive decline.

http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2017/02 ... ssess.html

Reading it was one thing. Then I watched the 1988 interview of Trump on Letterman, and it was frightening. Trump was well spoken. Used complete sentences and didn't just use massive numbers of filler words like "big, big, big."
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Borowitz's comments would be not so funny were they not true.

Obama’S BARRAGE OF COMPLETE SENTENCES SEEN AS BRUTAL ATTACK ON TRUMP

CHICAGO (The Borowitz Report)—In an appearance at the University of Chicago on Monday, former President Barack Obama unloaded a relentless barrage of complete sentences in what was widely seen as a brutal attack on his successor, Donald Trump.

Appearing at his first public event since leaving office, Obama fired off a punishing fusillade of grammatically correct sentences, the likes of which the American people have not heard from the White House since he departed.

“He totally restricted his speech to complete sentences,” Tracy Klugian, a student at the event, said. “It was the most vicious takedown of Trump I’d ever seen.”

Return to “National”