Trump Term Poll

MDDad

Trump Term Poll

Postby MDDad » Fri May 12, 2017 10:18 am

When Trump took office, I set the overs/unders on his time in office at 30 months (2 1/2 years). The unders are starting to look pretty good. Any takers out there? Now's the time to make your predictions.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Trump Term Poll

Postby John Q. Public » Fri May 12, 2017 11:21 am

Is there anything in the Constitution about a presidency just being deleted? I'm not ruling anything out with this guy.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri May 12, 2017 12:26 pm

How do you see it happening? Will he just finally throw his arms up in the air and walk away angrily?
Will he be impeached? Maybe the pressure will get to him and his health will break down. I hope that's not the case, but the job is tough on the body--Obama went in looking like Denzel and came out looking a little more like Morgan Freeman.

I think the Republicans who would turn on Trump first are the old-guard Republicans. I don't know if they have the sway in the House that they do in the Senate. It could be the opposite, I guess, where the Freedom Caucus rebels.

I do think if it got to the point where the House impeaches, the Senate will fry him.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri May 12, 2017 1:14 pm

They will do that if they believe he is impacting their futures. They must be worried given the recent special election results. Races they should have won handily are now being barely won by single digits. The race on Tues in GA seems to be in line with that. I predict the GOP keeps the seat winning in single digits. A seat that hasn't been democratic in a long time.

On another note.

HOW POPULAR IS TRUMP? LATEST APPROVAL RATING PLUMMETS AS WHITE SUPPORTERS FLEE

The Quinnipiac University survey found that just 36 percent of voters approve of the job Trump is doing, while 58 percent disapprove. That's a "near-record" negative rating and a drop from last month, the poll noted. In its April 19 poll, Quinnipiac University found Trump's approval rating stood at 40 percent with 56 percent disapproving.

Forty-seven percent of white voters with no college degree approved of Trump's job performance, while 46 percent disapproved, the survey found. That's a steep drop in support from last month, when 57 percent approved of Trump, and compare that to exit polls in November that found 67 percent of non-college-educated whites voted for Trump, the highest such figure for any candidate since 1980.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Unfortunately the world is probably stuck with him for 4 years. He won't quit, and unlike in 1974, the GOP now has no balls.

The only chance would be is if the Dems can take the House next year...they need to turn about 25 seats. I saw an interesting stat - when the president's approval rating is below 50%, his party loses an average of 36 seats...currently Trump is under 40%
I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Fri May 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Sorry for the Nazi reference but, just saying... --:--

“If the war is lost," Hitler told his Minister of Armaments, Albert Speer, "the nation will also perish. This fate is inevitable. There is no necessity to take into consideration the basis which the people will need to continue even a most primitive existence. On the contrary, it will be better to destroy these things ourselves, because this nation will have proved to be the weaker one and the future will belong solely to the stronger eastern nation. Besides, those who will remain after the battle are only the inferior ones, for the good ones have all been killed."

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri May 12, 2017 7:26 pm

That sounds more like Steve Bannon than Steve Bannon does... :shock:

Trump's gonna read that and his takeaway is gonna be, "Why don't I have a Minister of Armaments?"
I don't stand by anything
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun May 14, 2017 8:59 am

...several key Republicans and Democrats said Sunday that any recordings of White House conversations will need to be preserved for congressional review.

“If there are any tapes of this conversation, they need to be turned over,” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) told NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), a former federal prosecutor, said “it’s probably inevitable” that such recordings would need to be handed over to Congress and predicted that they would be subpoenaed. Asked on “Fox News Sunday” about Trump’s decision to set up a taping system, Lee called it “not necessarily the best idea.”

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said that if such tapes exist, “the president should turn them over immediately.”

“To destroy them would be a violation of law. But he should turn them over to Congress and to the investigators,” Schumer told CNN’s “State of the Union.” “If there are no tapes, he should apologize to both Jim Comey and the American people for misleading them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... 2d572da8e7

Wow. Just. Wow.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 am

“To destroy them would be a violation of law..."

I agree. Destroying those tapes would be akin to, oh, I don't know, something like scrubbing a private server.

broman

Postby broman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:37 am

You can lock up Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, George Clinton and the rest of Parliament/Funkadelic if that means we get to impeach Trump. :D

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun May 14, 2017 11:45 am

Deal!

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun May 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Whoa whoa whoa! Not the P-Funk All Stars!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun May 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Unfortunately the world is probably stuck with him for 4 years. He won't quit, and unlike in 1974, the GOP now has no balls.

I was listening to an interview with John Dean today and heard something interesting: Nixon was highly knowledgable about governing, and ultimately smart enough to listen to his advisors when things finally went too far south. Trump is not that smart or knowledgable and would rather drag the country through the mess.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun May 14, 2017 3:23 pm

broman wrote:by broman » Sun May 14, 2017 1:37 pm

You can lock up Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, George Clinton and the rest of Parliament/Funkadelic if that means we get to impeach Trump.

I'd favor that too. Then Pence takes the country further to the right.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Sun May 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Nah.. Pence will go down with Trump since he's part of the chain of Russian ties.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun May 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Pence could only take the country as far to the right as the Constitution and members of Congress who are interested in being re-elected will allow. With Trump it's anybody's guess - and his oversteps will eventually be corrected, but not without wasting an awful lot of time in court. Pence would also be more predictable, grown up and at least semi-rational.

But it is kind of interesting that a Vice-President could conceivably be almost as involved in whatever activities might get a President impeached but not be impeachable, himself.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun May 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Unlikely, but if that happened,

No. Office Current officer
1 Vice President Mike Pence (R)
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Paul Ryan (R)
3 President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch (R)
4 Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (R)
5 Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin (R)
6 Secretary of Defense James Mattis (I)
7 Attorney General Jeff Sessions (R)
8 Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke (R)
9 Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue (R)
10 Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross (R)
11 Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta (R)
12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price (R)
13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson (R)
– Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao (R)[a]
14 Secretary of Energy Rick Perry (R)
15 Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos (R)
16 Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin (I)
17 Secretary of Homeland Security John F. Kelly (I)
Jump up ^ Not a natural-born citizen (acquired U.S. citizenship by naturalization)
and thus ineligible for the Presidency.

I'll bet President Orin Hatch would make some of you very happy. :mrgreen:

I don't see any Democrats in line.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Sun May 14, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 pm

I could live very well with #3, but #6 would be far, far better.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun May 14, 2017 6:24 pm

President Orrin Hatch! That would be great and his replacement in the Senate would surely be a Republican.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun May 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Hatch has one huge black mark in my book:

Scientific illiteracy.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun May 14, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained links removed

Return to “National”