CNN - Fake News

cruiser

CNN - Fake News

Postby cruiser » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 am

Three CNN journalists have resigned over a story about Russia contacts within the Trump
administration. CNN had to do a retraction of the story per AP.

...not looking well for all the left leaning media reporting about the Trump administration.
It's getting ugly.

ShiftyMutt

Re: CNN - Fake News

Postby ShiftyMutt » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:08 am

About the only good thing I see resulting from this administration is it's shaping up and weeding out the media.
Well, that and it's firing up democrats, so make that two things.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 am

IMO one of President Trumps positives is mocking the news media. Calling their reporting fake news and sending the CNN reporter to the back of the room is great. And lets not forget CNN and DNC employee Donna Brazile slipping questions to Hillary Clinton before the debates.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:11 am

cruiser wrote:Three CNN journalists have resigned over a story about Russia contacts within the Trump
administration. CNN had to do a retraction of the story per AP.

The story said one hedge fund manager working with the Trump team had investments with a Russian fund. The story couldn't be corroborated and was retracted within 24 hours and the writers and editor were "not fired" two days later. That's hardly pushing fake news. More like letting their other writers and editors know that their heads will be the next to roll if CNN's standards aren't followed.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:25 am

Yes, it's funny how people can see a network act with journalistic principals and then yall "fake news!"
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

kramer

Postby kramer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:46 pm

What about the numerous other CNN articles about Trump and/or Russia that weren't able to be verified and hence have been retracted? Did those writers also get the same treatment?

Here's an excellent article from Glenn Greenwald on this CNN fake news fiasco.
(Greenwald is a gay and liberal journalist who IMO is a principled and objective journalist and hence, is trustworthy.)
He lists a whole bunch of other fake Russia/Trump news article that the "non-fake" MSM news sites had to retract or 'fix'.

A good excerpt from it:

And then there is the fact that the vast majority of re- porting about Russia, as well as Trump’s alleged ties to the Kremlin, has been based exclusively on evidence-free assertions of anonymous officials, many, if not most, of whom have concealed agendas. That means that they are free to issue completely false claims without the slight- est concern of repercussions.

Read the rest of the article here:
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/27/cnn ... ia-threat/
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:25 pm

kramer wrote:What about the numerous other CNN articles about Trump and/or Russia that weren't able to be verified and hence have been retracted? Did those writers also get the same treatment

Did the meetings between the Trump campaign and the Russians take place which were not disclosed properly? Did the Trump boys publicly state that a significant part of their empire is funded by Russian interest. Have we seen Trump's tax returns? Did Donald Trump not morally equate Russia and the United States? What "fake news" you wanna talk about?

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:30 pm

More Trump logic from today's press conference

(Huckabee Sanders) She pointed to an undercover video from the Project Veritas group in which John Bonifield, a producer for CNN’s medical unit, is heard discussing that CNN’s focus on Trump and his campaign's involvement with Russia is good for ratings but that the story is likely “mostly bulls—t” and that Trump is likely right to call it a “witch hunt.”

Sanders encouraged “everybody in this room and, frankly, everybody across the country to take a look at” the video — even after conceding that she’s unsure whether it’s accurate.

If true, she said, the video “is a disgrace to all of media” and “all of journalism.” “I think that we have gone to a place where if the media can’t be trusted to report the news, then that’s a dangerous place for America
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/2 ... ack-240016

The official spokeswomen for the POTUS refers the nation to a video that she has no clue if it is true or not, to bash the media, :eh?:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:25 pm

A video by a guy who makes fake videos for a living, at that. :roll:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Fake how? Undercover and fake are two different things.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:41 pm

If Brietbart.com and something called LifeZette.com get to lob softballs questions to Hukabee Sanders something is not right.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Fake how? Undercover and fake are two different things.

Selective editing.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Wasn't Shan Hannity supposed to be fired a couple of weeks ago??

:lol:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:18 pm

CNN just issued a statement which did not deny the veracity of the video. In a statement to The Daily Beast:

...“CNN stands by our medical producer John Bonifield,” a spokesperson said in an email. “Diversity of personal opinion is what makes CNN strong, we welcome it and embrace it.”

...Bonifield, who works in company's medical unit and is not connected to CNN's political or investigative coverage, is seen calling the coverage of the Trump-Russia story "mostly ****" and suggesting the CNN president Jeff Zucker directed reporters to return to it after covering Trump's decision to pull out of the Paris climate accord. “I think the president is probably right to say, ‘Look, you are witch hunting me,’”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-we-sta ... ting-video

Not faked.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:38 pm

broman wrote:Sanders encouraged “everybody in this room and, frankly, everybody across the country to take a look at” the video — even after conceding that she’s unsure whether it’s accurate.

If true, she said, the video “is a disgrace to all of media” and “all of journalism.” “I think that we have gone to a place where if the media can’t be trusted to report the news, then that’s a dangerous place for America

Professor Fate wrote: is seen calling the coverage of the Trump-Russia story "mostly ****" and suggesting the CNN president Jeff Zucker directed reporters to return to it after covering Trump's decision to pull out of the Paris climate accord. “I think the president is probably right to say, ‘Look, you are witch hunting me,’”

The statement in the video carries enough weight and importance to support the assumptions of Hukabee Sanders? "All of media", "all of journalism" "can't be trusted" based on the words of one CNN employee? It may not be fake but the logic is flawed.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Let's have some fun!! How were they all wrong. --:--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzl8xjkgXCo

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:05 pm

kramer wrote:You mean similar to when the head of the Justice Department met secretly with Bill Clinton in a bad weather causing private jet that plants and trees love? Do you think Bill could have asked Justice in this bad weather causing private jet that plants love to tell Comey to treat his wife's investigation as a "matter"?

What does this have to do with Trump?

kramer

Postby kramer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:12 pm

You asked "Did the meetings between the Trump campaign and the Russians take place which were not disclosed properly?"

I'm just asking if you mean similar to then the undisclosed meeting between Bill Clinton and the head of the Justice department when they met in a private jet? Yes or no will suffice.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

kramer

Postby kramer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Fordama wrote:Yes, it's funny how people can see a network act with journalistic principals and then yall "fake news!"

The specter of a $100 million libel suit scared CNN into retracting a poorly reported story that slimed an ally of President Trump’s — and forcing out the staffers responsible for it, The Post has learned.

Read the entire article on 'journalistic principals' here:
http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/cnn-staffe ... got-fired/

Fordama, still think CNN acted with "journalistic principals'? :D

broman

Postby broman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:31 pm

No.

Return to “National”