How does Mater Dei's defense look?

servitefriars77

How does Mater Dei's defense look?

Postby servitefriars77 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 am

I understand that a lot of Mater Dei's defense has been lost to graduation, how do the Monarchs look?

watchersince68

Re: Mater Dei's defense

Postby watchersince68 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 am

With all those 4 star transfers we got, almost NFL quality some posters are thinking we should be ok. It depends on a number of things, how the newbies prosper and how the youngsters plugin. The talent is there but you got to play as a team. time will tell. Some young guys need to prove they are trinity caliber. Ask again after week #2.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:56 am

From Dan Albano

Mase Funa, Mater Dei, LB/DE, Santa Margarita, Starter missed Battle at the Beach

Samuela Tuihalamaka, Mater Dei, DT, ML King, Major O.C. sleeper, offered by Howard

Solomon Tuliaupupu, Mater Dei, LB, Claremont, Big-time talent, leader

Maxpreps over on side bar Says MD top team in the Nation with "one of" the most talented rosters in "School History" Buckle up!

Obviously we are not talking about these guys proving themselves...Wk 2 the answer will be obvious!!!

If it isn't already...

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:26 pm

PTG
Well hell then let's not play the schedule and crown MD the Kings of all HSFB and we can eliminate most of the playoffs
just go to the final 4. But who will be the 4th seed? Doggone it that is a problem.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Deja Vu all over again...what a surprise!

This year should not be azz....boring as last year, but top four will be MD-SJB, MV-CC.

Sorry...just the way it is...

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Your pickin Mission? See that's where the debate will start and heaven forbid any star player gets injured.
You know what happens when you ASSUME.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Depth is an issue for everyone not named MD Bosco hence 1-2, MV CC about on par I would say with edge to MV right now, that could change but with the Addition of Yellen and what returns I am not seeing a better candidate, if you don't know, take my word for it they are going to be better than last year and maybe even the year before. Who would you put in the top four and please support your answer...

Poly with the addition of Matt Coral is a possible but coaching has not been up to the challenge of late...

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Is Titus Toler still at LBP?

Las Vegas_JC

Postby Las Vegas_JC » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 pm

How would you guys rate this MD team compared to the MD teams of the late 1990's led by Matt Grootegoed? And yes I know that the season has not started. Does the current version have more FBS prospects? Thanks!

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:03 pm

No, Titus is once again a Friar.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks, MDDad. I saw his name on an unverified current MD roster and wondered, wt*

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Seven high schools in the first two years must be close to a record.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Playthegame wrote: if you don't know, take my word for it they are going to be better than last year and maybe even the year before

Can we still count on coach Bob whining come playoff time about having to compete against teams with talent equal to what he's been able to recruit?

Domingo

Postby Domingo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Playthegame wrote:From Dan Albano

Mase Funa, Mater Dei, LB/DE, Santa Margarita, Starter missed Battle at the Beach

Samuela Tuihalamaka, Mater Dei, DT, ML King, Major O.C. sleeper, offered by Howard

Solomon Tuliaupupu, Mater Dei, LB, Claremont, Big-time talent, leader

Maxpreps over on side bar Says MD top team in the Nation with "one of" the most talented rosters in "School History" Buckle up!

Obviously we are not talking about these guys proving themselves...Wk 2 the answer will be obvious!!!

If it isn't already...
Really?!?! Three Samoan senior transfers that are probably paying next to nothing if anything at all!! There's a reason we stopped caring about McKnight's AAU travel ball teams masquerading as Mater Dei students years ago. We want to see Mater Dei KIDS playing for the god damn Mater Dei Football team!!! We might as well change our name to the Mater Dei Braves. We're no different now. And I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what starter on this year's team went to a Catholic elementary school. And it's no god damn wonder we have great Catholic families and players (with D1 offers) leaving the school to play elsewhere!

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Everyone thinks MD has depth.. not really. The don't have depth at corner, QB or beyond the 4 starting WRs. And what depth they have is at OL, LB, but its inexperienced and can't be counted on to fill in and perform at a starter/senior level with this schedule.

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Really?!?! Three Samoan senior transfers that are probably paying next to nothing if anything at all!! There's a reason we stopped caring about McKnight's AAU travel ball teams masquerading as Mater Dei students years ago. We want to see Mater Dei KIDS playing for the god damn Mater Dei Football team!!! We might as well change our name to the Mater Dei Braves. We're no different now. And I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what starter on this year's team went to a Catholic elementary school. And it's no god damn wonder we have great Catholic families and players (with D1 offers) leaving the school to play elsewhere!

Mater Dei has along way to go to reach Bosco Transfer status buddy! Bosco is at 10-15..transfers 10 are confirmed..

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 pm

We'll trade you one starting cornerback for one starting o-lineman. :mrgreen:
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:51 pm

templar83 wrote:Can we still count on coach Bob whining come playoff time about having to compete against teams with talent equal to what he's been able to recruit?

Now, now Templar...If we are to take you seriously call it straight my friend, not equivalent, we can go that rout but MD Bosco even by their own admission are getting many more transfers then MV.

How's it going relationship wise? Probably a cat guy...

MDDad

Re: How does Mater Dei's defense look?

Postby MDDad » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 am

In other developments, the venue for the Mater Dei-St. Mary's game in Stockton has been changed. Rather than using St. Mary's on-campus stadium, the game will now be played at the San Francisco 49ers' 68,000-seat Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

watchersince68

Re: How does Mater Dei's defense look?

Postby watchersince68 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:55 am

MDad
Official? Already had reservations in Spectacular Stockton.

Return to “High School”