Marquee High School Football Matchup's in 2017

Playthegame

Marquee High School Football Matchup's in 2017

Postby Playthegame » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Mater Dei has Bishop Gorman and Bergan Catholic on tap, one interesting fact is former Don Bosco Prep Head Coach, Greg Toal is now assisting at Bergan Cat.

vs. Bishop Gorman 9/1 @Santa Ana Stadium - Televised on Fox Sports West at 7 P.M.

vs. Bergan Cat 9/16 @Diablo Stadium - MV

St. John Bosco - Will be on the road for their two games against highly ranked Out of State opponents. Bosco has received the kind of financial support that enables them to travel and provide a college type experience per Jason Negro, interviewed by Jeff Fisher on HSFB America radio show

vs. St. Thomas Aquinas - loaded with D1 offered kids, graduated more but still loaded, they have 10 FLA state titles and are one of the premier perennial FLA powerhouses 8/25 @ STA HS Stadium

vs. St. John's Washington DC - St. Johns has Major sportswear apparel MFG who is alum and pumped a bunch of cash into the program to get them to top National Caliber status. 9/23 @St.John's DC

Corona Centennial has IMG 9/2 in FLA @Cathedral then Narbonne on 9/15 @Centennial

Side note Gorman and St. Johns will face De La Salle this year as well so great opportunity for high National rankings via common opponents in Algorithms.

There are many other great match ups in the pre-league schedules, it is going to be a fantastic year.

Post your key match up games it is going to be a great season for HSFB in SoCal and the OC

Servite vs. Serra Cav's of Gardena 8/17@Servite HS
Servite vs. American Fork UT@MV 9/1
Vista Murrietta vs. Colquit County GA @Colquit County HS then takes on MV the next week
Vista Murrietta vs. Mission Viejo@MV 9/1
Mission Viejo vs. Long Beach Poly @Veterans Stadium 9/25
Mission Viejo vs. Santa Margarita @Trabuco Hills Stadium 9/22

Other good games MD vs. Amat 8/25 Edison scrimmage is 8/17@HBHS
JSerra vs Los All on 9/22@Jserra

Many, many other good games with the likes of Norco and La Habra on many schedules, these two teams have scheduled up IMO...

All before league even starts!

OutOfState

Re: Marquee High School Football Matchup's in 2017

Postby OutOfState » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 am

Yes those are all indeed great matchups, especially Bosco vs STA and MD vs Gorman.

But they are nothing like the game on Oct 13 where the two '800 pound gorillas' will battle for league, state, and possibly national supremacy in what is very possibly the first of their two meetings this season.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:39 am

=D> and :thumbsup:

And you can blame the admin for the worthless, off-topic post. :oops:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am

My top ten games going into the 2017 season:

10. St. John Bosco vs. St. John's, DC
9. Corona Centennial vs. Narbonne
8. Chaminade vs. Mountain Pointe, AZ
7. Mater Dei vs. St. Mary's
6. Aquinas, FL vs. St. John Bosco
5. Chaminade vs. St. John Bosco
4. Bergen Catholic, NJ vs. Mater Dei
3. Corona Centennial vs. IMG Academy, FL
2. Bishop Gorman, NV vs. Mater Dei
1. Mater Dei vs. St. John Bosco

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 am

OutOfState wrote:But they are nothing like the game on Oct 13 where the two '800 pound gorillas' will battle for league, state, and possibly national supremacy in what is very possibly the first of their two meetings this season.

The old paradigm of "In order to be the best, you have to beat the best" Coach Negro said three things needed to win it all, win every game, stay healthy, luck.

Rollo said they have to win every game, which makes that Oct 13 meeting Huge

The other inherent trap is over looking an opponent...So for these two teams they will face many 800 lb Gorilla's.

The Iron Men of Don Bosco Prep Coached by Greg Toal were legend for their physical play, do not overlook Bergan Cat they will play physical, chippy ball, bare knuckle brawlers. I hope these games are televised because they will be epic contests...

These schedules test coaches and teams, hard to get thru with out getting banged up, depth will be key. Props to these programs for aspiring to be the best, the process is golden and it raises all the smaller boats as they must rise to compete with the Gorilla's. Coaches will be Hero's or Zero's depending how the Lady treats them.

Good Luck and Good Hunting...

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Bosco vs. STA television sched...

The Raiders, the reigning three-time Class 7A state champions, will host California’s St. John Bosco on August 25th – the game will be televised on ESPNU at 7 p.m.

Show time

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:29 pm

I almost forgot MD vs. Gorman on Fox..."Baby" "Go Fox"

TheFan

Postby TheFan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am

is MD and BG a league game ? should be ...I proposed an National Open League

National Open League

BG
IMG
SJB
MD
Maybe Don Bosco NJ
Maybe DLS

Any suggestion, West Coast and East...meet up in the National Open Super Bowl of HS...

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 am

Sounds like a plan, as long as you underwrite all the travel expenses and private tutoring for athletes for all the days of classes they would miss. You in?

OC HS Football Fan

Postby OC HS Football Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 am

The good news is at Bosco they wouldn't need much tutoring given their school's incredible educational reputation. I mean where else do kids who struggle in elementary and middle school suddenly become 4.0 students at a place that doesn't require homework for most classes?

OC HS Football Fan

Postby OC HS Football Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:48 am

TheFan wrote:is MD and BG a league game ? should be ...I proposed an National Open League

National Open League

BG
IMG
SJB
MD
Maybe Don Bosco NJ
Maybe DLS

Any suggestion, West Coast and East...meet up in the National Open Super Bowl of HS...

I for one LOVE this idea! They all travel now as it is, except for Rollo (but thats likely in part out of convenience); MD can easily afford it if they had to pony up. Heck, get Nike or Battle to sponser it and sell the TV rights to ESPN to lower if not entirely eliminate the expense. Would be doable. If MD chooses not to participate, then bring in the next best team.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am

We kind of have it now via national rankings and pre league contests...really don't need a National open league, Centennial would have to be included and there is more than one NJ team that would be in that mix also you have to include some Texas and FL teams...

OC good to see you are Bosco Homer...your snickering insight into MD all points to your excitement over upcoming contest between the Titans' of the Southern Section.

I will say that JT's lack of throwing at this stage of the game bodes well for you, Bosco taking it on the Road too...just builds on track of destiny, with JT limited and the increased tendency to re-aggravate, nurse sore elbow issues most likely translates to losses for MD early and if JT not healthy then it is a lock on Trinity #1 for Bosco this year.

Now I see why you will not take the bet...just not sure are you...Young Jedi...

OC HS Football Fan

Postby OC HS Football Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:16 am

Nice to see PTG trying to tweak his preconceived notion of me into an inaccurate assessment of who I support. In his language of emojis: . ](*,)

What's funny is moments before his post, I just ripped Bosco for their weak academics. Some homer, huh?

I know I'm playing a fool's game in trying to highlight and correct the inaccurate statements made by PTG, but clearly it's a weakness of mine. Just so PTG can understand what I'm saying: :bonk:

I just wish it didn't require as much effort as it does!

For example, I said MD would face closer games this season if you get tea got hurt and they tried to emphasize more of the running game. Especially given their youth in an experience on the defensive side of the ball. And somehow that was translated into MD will lose a bunch of their games. Wow, chuckles, you're a special one!

Now I'll flip the stupid negotiation on you: If you're so positive about Mission, then you should accept the opposite of your counter offer. You lose, stay off for a year. If I lose, I'll do 6 months. It's your team and you're the homer, but CLEARLY you lack ANY confidence in MV's chances. Or else we can stick to the original bet. Quit being such a wuss little girl....

Too funny chuckles!

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:44 am

What a Dumas, tiny bubbles...it is precisely the odds, level of D1 players, per you...one at every position vs. MV 5-6.

Your bubbles are so small and in an obvious disparity in talent you have so little confidence the MD would beat Mission you will not take the bet.

OC HS Football Fan wrote:If you're so positive about Mission, then you should accept the opposite of your counter offer.

No where have I implied MV should beat MD, you made the comment MD will stomp MV and made an offer, one that no one would take based solely on the merits.

This is simple logic...I assume greater risk, I am entitled to greater reward. Or is everything you have been spouting BS...If you believe what you say, you should have no problem taking the bet.

The reason you won't is because the odds are better then you have been spouting and or you have micro bubbles...

One of the two...I tend towards the latter...

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 am

OC HS Football Fan wrote:What's funny is moments before his post, I just ripped Bosco for their weak academics. Some homer, huh?

I dunno maybe your just a butt hurt dweeb who hates everybody, and the only way you feel better is putting everyone down.

You are one arrogant poster...keep it up, it is endearing...

Return to “High School”