The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Blame It on Your Lying Heart

broman

Blame It on Your Lying Heart

Postby broman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:53 pm

The Justice Department said in a court filing Friday evening that it has no evidence to support President Donald Trump's assertion in March that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped the phones in Trump Tower before last year's election.

"Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets," the department's motion reads. NSD refers to the department's national security division.
The motion came in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by a group pushing for government transparency, American Oversight.
On March 4, Trump tweeted: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"
"How low has President Obama gone to tap my phones during the very sacred election process," Trump also tweeted. "This is Nixon/Watergate."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/02/politics/ ... index.html

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Blame It on Your Lying Heart

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Sessions is toast.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Will anybody in the Donald's orbit admit this story is false? Will the Donald's minions still believe it?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:05 pm

This will be ignored by Trump apologists--but the lame excuses they would have made would have been entertaining.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:56 pm

broman wrote:The Justice Department said in a court filing Friday evening that it has no evidence to support President Donald Trump's assertion in March that his predecessor, Barack Obama, wiretapped the phones in Trump Tower before last year's election.

Uh-oh. Don't look now, but suddenly it's not so funny is it? CNN is reporting that the FBI DID wiretap Trump's one time campaign manager Paul Manafort both during and after the election. Guess where Manafort's office was? Come on, you can say it, we all know...Trump tower. Guess who waltzed in and out of that office from time to time...That's right Trump.

CNN is hemming and hawing about semantics and the definition of "wiretapping" but suddenly Trump's claim is not so far fetched any more.

I really liked Julian Assange's tweet quoted by CNN in this opening to their story:

(CNN)In the immediate aftermath of CNN's bombshell reporting Monday night that the FBI had wiretapped one-time Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Trump allies -- and some people affiliated with the WikiLeaks efforts -- argued that the reporting was proof that the President's much-covered March tweet about being wiretapped had been proven right.

This tweet, from WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was typical of that reaction:
Trump: I was "wire tapped"
CNN: Haha. That idiot @realDonaldTrump thinks he was wiretapped.
..Six months later..
CNN: Trump was wiretapped :lol: :fan:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politics/ ... index.html
Last edited by Professor Fate on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm

So the Justice Dept. perjured itself? This is funny?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Professor Fate wrote:CNN is reporting that the FBI DID wiretap Trump's one time campaign manager Paul Manafort both during and after the election. Guess where Manafort's office was? Come on, you can say it, we all know...Trump tower. Guess who waltzed in and out of that office from time to time...That's right Trump.

Donald Trump
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

Total vindication..... :bonk:

broman

Postby broman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Apparently this is spreading...

US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/ ... index.html

Dinesh D'Souza ✔ @DineshDSouza
So Obama WAS wiretapping @realDonaldTrump after all--once again Trump is right & the media hyenas prove to be wrong4:42 AM - Sep 19, 2017

:eh?:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Uh-oh. Don't look now...

Oh, so Trump and Manafort are the same guy...that explains it :roll:
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:51 am

Professor Fate wrote:CNN is hemming and hawing about semantics and the definition of "wiretapping" but suddenly Trump's claim is not so far fetched any more.

Yes, it's just as far-fetched as when he made the claim. The only thing that's changed is your gullibility.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 am

The more relevant issue being ignored by the conservative chattering class is whether or not there was collusion between a presidential campaign and a hostile foreign power.

Yet the gotcha moment is the focus.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 pm

James Clapper on CNN says it's possible Trump was picked up on a wiretap of Manafort. :fan:
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:59 pm

"Obama had my wires tapped'"..."How low has President Obama gone to tap my phones"

Nice try, again... :-"

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:05 pm

If it happened in Trump Tower, I'd say Trump owns those "wires." :slapfight:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Yeah, that's what he meant... :roll:
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 am

Why would the DOJ (regardless of president) or the president admit to an ongoing investigation of criminal activity?

Instead of focusing on the REAL issue of criminal activity involving the undermining of American democracy, conservatives are whining about some supposed transgression.

WTF!
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

Umm... I believe you will find that Broman started this thread. He and Ford made this an issue on this forum. They now can eat crow.

And Wabash, more than a year later, we're still waiting for the proof of any "REAL issue of criminal activity involving the undermining of American democracy."

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:05 am

Still not eating crow. Trump was wrong--proven in court. Game over.

Unless Trump was using Manafort's phone, he was not having his wires tapped.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am

OK Baghdad Fordama.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:32 am

Was that supposed to be ironic, or did you just not know any better?

Return to “National”