The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

What Happens to Daca Dreamers?

Professor Fate

What Happens to Daca Dreamers?

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 pm

President Trump will announce his decision on Tuesday, he says. What do you think will happen? Most people seem to believe that the President will end the program.

I'd like to see a deal made:

Anybody already in the program can stay as long as they commit no new crimes of any kind. But, in exchange, the wall gets funded.

Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: What Happens to Daca Dreamers?

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:13 am

"....as long as they commit no new crimes of any kind...."

Most of those people haven't committed any crimes in the first place. I'd rather see the rebuilding of Houston funded. Or wherever Irma decides to hit. FEMA and national flood insurance are both front and center on his chopping block. Or they were a week ago. Fox 'N' Friends might have changed their thinking since then.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 am

I also wonder where the Dreamers will fall on the deportation priority list, since Don claimed that illegals who've committed "crimes" are supposedly the top priority.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:45 am

There is no place for a deal to be made, let alone to build a completely unnecessary and ineffective wall. Anyone here illegally who commits a violent crime should be deported. Period. DACA or not. DACA is nothing more than a humanitarian gesture.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:04 am

It's punishing the child for the "crimes" of the parents.

Some of the people celebrating National Prayer Day might know if the Bible covered that.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 pm

not4u13 wrote:There is no place for a deal to be made

And there you have it. The attitude that is responsible for the polarization of this nation.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:26 pm

Here. I'll get it for you, not4u.

Epic_Facepalm_5452.png
Epic_Facepalm_5452.png (185.8 KiB) Viewed 306 times

broman

Postby broman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Great article in the Times about immigrant labor.....

efore dawn six days a week, Norma Ulloa left the two-bedroom apartment she shared with four family members and boarded a bus that took her to a stifling factory on the outskirts of downtown Los Angeles.

She spent 11 hours a day there, pinning Forever 21 tags on trendy little shirts and snipping away their loose threads in the one-room workshop. On a good day, the 44-year-old could get through 700 shirts.

That work earned Ulloa about $6 an hour, well below minimum wage in Los Angeles, according to a wage claim she filed with the state.

The U.S. Department of Labor investigated 77 Los Angeles garment factories from April through July of 2016 and found that workers were paid as little as $4 and an average of $7 an hour for 10-hour days spent sewing clothes for Forever 21, Ross Dress for Less and TJ Maxx. One worker in West Covina made as little as $3.42 per hour during three weeks of sewing TJ Maxx clothing, according to the Department of Labor

Forever 21 would have had to pay 50% more in order for sewing contractors to pay workers the federal minimum, the investigation found.

The workers are mostly undocumented Latinos employed by Korean manufacturers and sewing contractors, many of whom owe their survival to L.A.-based Forever 21.
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-f ... ft09a-8gp1

I'm sure our nationalist are ready to work 11 hours a day for $6 a day. anyway.... DACA is dead

President Donald Trump has decided to end the Obama-era program that grants work permits to undocumented immigrants who arrived in the country as children, according to two sources familiar with his thinking. Senior White House aides huddled Sunday afternoon to discuss the rollout of a decision likely to ignite a political firestorm — and fulfill one of the president’s core campaign promise
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/0 ... nts-242301

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Donald Trump, anti-business job killer...
I thought it would be easier
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Professor Fate wrote:And there you have it. The attitude that is responsible for the polarization of this nation.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:27 am

Really? You think THAT's what's caused polarization? How about offering a deal that should never be on the table in the first place. It's like asking me what brand of poison I should drink and then accusing me not being cooperative when I decline to choose.

We now know that Trump is ending DACA. A ridiculous statement since he still has no idea what it really does (based on his public statements). He has no plan for deportation, leaving them all in this limbo state.

He wants to build a wall. I suppose you want to build a wall. That's a waste of taxpayer dollars. Building a wall will not solve anything. Drugs will continue to flow. Illegal aliens will continue to be smuggled in and those here will still be here.

The Trump agenda is isolation. That's his entire foreign and domestic policy rolled up into one word. Everything he says and does is based on this singular agenda and the premise that we are the greatest nation to ever exist. We don't need anyone else and everyone else needs us. We will pick up our ball and go home. Cancel our trade agreements, withdraw from the climate accord, stop defending our allies, build a wall around our country. It's like we're back in the medieval times where leaders just built a fort and put a moat around it.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:40 am

Blah, blah, blah blah, blah. Without even bothering to take your points and refute them, I say this. Thank you for telling me what your position is on these issues. But it changes nothing. You know where my side stands, and I know where your side stands.

This country is polarized. Without a shooting war, and/or splitting up the USA into two countries, neither side will ever get everything they want. So I stand by what I posted. Your unwillingness (like many on your side) to even consider compromise on this or any other issue, is why this country is being torn apart.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Actually, the country is rallying around one point, though--Trump is not a good President. Of course that's from those crazy liberals over at FOX News and their polls.

Speaking of DACA and our President, I'd bet a good hunk of money if he was asked in a press conference to tell us what the letters in DACA stood for, he'd be flummoxed.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Shouldn't this issue be decided by congress? I get the need for temporary relief when all those kids got dropped off at the border. But permanent immigration policy belongs in the hands of congress, right? Maybe this is a good thing that addresses immigration reform once and for all?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Blah, blah, blah blah, blah.

And there you have it. The attitude that is responsible for the polarization of this nation.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:14 pm

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/ho ... 171048.php

"Nearly four days after Harvey's record flooding slammed a rescue boat into an Interstate 45 frontage road bridge, family members of the final, missing volunteer pulled his body from Cypress Creek in Spring.

Alonso Guillen, a 31-year-old disc jockey from Lufkin, disappeared on Wednesday around midnight along with two friends after their boat hit the bridge over the creek and capsized. One of them was rescued after clinging to a tree in the rushing water, but days later, after the rains let up and the creek level receded, Guillen and Tomas Carreon Jr. were still missing.

Guillen, who was born in Piedras Negras, Mexico, and moved to Lufkin as a teenager, headed south with his friends toward Houston after Hurricane Harvey hit, towing a borrowed boat. They were trying to reach a flooded apartment complex through the water when they hit a bridge near Interstate 45 and Beltway 8."

Did this guy fit into Trump's murderer category, rapist category, or just a "bad hombre?"

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:59 pm

So you, Wab, JQP, Bongo, Vile, and others believe Trump is a trainwreck. Point taken.

Were you planning on describing every piece of twisted metal?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:03 pm

That's a good way to describe what business owners think of Trump's plan
I thought it would be easier
Donald Trump

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Clearly you guys don't like him and think he's a train wreck, and every issue is viewed through that lens. Is there anything else?

How about weighing in on immigration reform? How about YOUR opinion(s) on the issues?

Is this really all you've got?

Omar Bongo wrote:Donald Trump, anti-business job killer...

Omar Bongo wrote:And there you have it. The attitude that is responsible for the polarization of this nation.

Omar Bongo wrote:That's a good way to describe what business owners think of Trump's plan

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I believe there should be an expansion of visas for unskilled labor.

That would solve a lot of issues. Especially the criminal ones.

Return to “Immigration”