The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Norco/OLU

RoadRunner

Norco/OLU

Postby RoadRunner » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:45 pm

21-21 ...7 min left in 3rd

TunaJ

Re: Norco/OLU

Postby TunaJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:41 am

At this point it is hard to believe Olu is ranked as high as they are. The four teams they have played have a combined record of 1-14. Last nights performance was embarrassing. This team has a lot of talent, but they are undisciplined and poorly coached.

IEking

Postby IEking » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:08 am

TunaJ
You are spot on with your assessment except for the talent part. I didn't see that much talent compared to the other leauge teams. I was at the game and it seems like the coaches have no control over the players. I see them going winless in leauge play. They are not physical enough to compete with the other Trinity teams.

Bick

Postby Bick » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 am

The 4 teams Olu has played so far have all played tougher schedules than their 1-14 record implies. They shut out the first 2, and Vista Murr & Norco aren't exactly slouches.

That said, you guys would know better on the coaching / talent stuff.

TunaJ

Postby TunaJ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 am

I hope not, but unless they clean things up a loss against a good D2 Heritage team on Friday would not surprise me.

OC HS Football Fan

Postby OC HS Football Fan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:35 am

Norco is overrated. Thanks roadrunner for getting me to believe it would have been a good game. It turned out to be a waste of money. That 21-21 score was not indicative of the game. OLu beat Norco badly. Lasher struggled, is not a good passer. Coaching and play calling were both awful. Their players are not as physical as they should be, and their line was too slow off the ball (especially in pass pro).

Norco still had a significant size advantage with their offensive line, and had early success running between the tackles, but they went to the passing game and outside runs far too often after that first drive. When they did run power later in the game, they got a really long gain only to then go back to the stuff that didn't work.

OLu dominated them. They had just as much if not more talent in the skill positions than the other trinity teams besides MD and Bosco. They didn't look as undisciplined to me Tuna. Their obvious weakness is their line. It will kill them in Trinity League play. Too young, soft and undersized.

IEking

Postby IEking » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:08 pm

OC-
I disagree, 21-21 in the middle of the 3rd is not domination.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Tom what's up Dude!

OC HS Football Fan

Postby OC HS Football Fan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:25 am

IEking wrote:OC-
I disagree, 21-21 in the middle of the 3rd is not domination.

I hear you, but I don't think it was 21-21 in the middle of the third. Keep in mind OLu had given up a couple of big plays on defense but otherwise Norco could do nothing on offense after the first drive (granted, that was also related to Norco's dumb play calling all game). On offense, OLu was moving the ball easily and should have scored far more points (went for it on 4th down deep in the red zone and failed to convert, penalties on other drives into the red zone, etc.). The game looked one sided to me despite the score. Norco should have put up a better fight. Coaching looked to be an issue for them. Suspect they will not go far in the playoffs even though their talent level suggests otherwise.

Return to “High School”