The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Mater Dei Brings Thug Ball to Orange County

Domingo

Mater Dei Brings Thug Ball to Orange County

Postby Domingo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 am

Forget about the fact that the local Catholic Parochial School kids are now no longer a even a minor contributing factor in the Monarch Football Program but now we have players wearing a God Damn ski mask during a post game interview talking about how "we robbed" another group of kids. I honestly believed this was a sick joke when I first heard about it. Not only did it happen but absolutely 100% worse is the fact that there was NO penalty from the coaching staff for the disgraceful act that has brought shame to the school's long outstanding reputation!! Are you f'ing kidding me!!!! Mater Dei Football and Bruce Rollinson are now apparently OK with Thug Ball. Is this what the I.E. Duck Program is bringing us? At what price victory? And it's no wonder why former Monarchs are pulling their Catholic School educated children out of the school and taking them to our rival school. What a God damn joke! This team will no doubt go on to win the National Championship but unlike our other 2 National Championship teams that embodied our school's values and traditions, this group on "Non-Monarchs" will forever be a source of great shame.

OC HS Football Fan

Re: Mater Dei Brings Thug Ball to Orange County

Postby OC HS Football Fan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am

So this is why I posted the selling their soul thread. It's clear MD football has turned their back on their tradition and values just so they can win a championship.

When Rollo yelled to the kid to take it off, you could hear the kid's dad in the background of the interview saying how Rollo is clueless and they had gotten away with it so it was okay for his kid to take off the ski mask. Nice to know who is really calling the shots over there.

Shocked the kid wasn't also holding a tub of Cane Protein in his hands (or at least wearing a Can Protein t-shirt). His dad must have sold enough of it on the sidelines that night to not need the extra publicity. Nothing better than watching the LaMar Ball of MD football slinging Cane Protein to the MD faithful.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pointless quote removed

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:40 pm

I hate the transfer culture that exists in HS football today, so I don't disagree with what Domingo is saying. But, Domingo...taking God's name in vain twice on a Sunday, kind of weakens your claims of dedication to the idea of Catholic schools being for Catholic students. Just sayin'.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:58 pm

OUCH!

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

A perfect representation of Mater Dei football.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed

pattywannamack

Postby pattywannamack » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:16 pm

It was a stupid gesture that the kid was seemingly put up to by his father. Reflects terribly on the school, but in my experience, pretty much everything else at Mater Dei in terms of teachers, coaches, and general culture, is against having kids do displays like that. Though it's a poor snapshot...it certainly is not indicative of the school or football program as a whole.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 am

The video has been pulled here but you can see it on the So Cal Preps forum.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 am

The video wasn't pulled. The link with no commentary to justify it was pulled.

The video's here.

https://youtu.be/sfVXwhfQtg0
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 am

Lie down with Dawgs get up with thugs...Just a bad night for MD and HSFB...noise is going to get louder unless a gesture is made... #distraction

Bench the young man for the SJB game, won't hurt the team they will still beat the Braves by 3 scores and it has been dealt with...other wise bring on the "Thug Ball and The St. Browns" (Bravo's newest Reality Show)...SM great example of what you would expect from a Catholic High School...MD not so much...Test question, who was St. Brown?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Is Lavar Ball mentoring Brown's father on how to get a reality show?

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 pm

This player has been in the Mater Dei program for over two years. You would think by now he would have learned that this type of behavior and lack of sportsmanship brings disgrace to his Catholic school and football team. I guess they don't teach that at MD anymore.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Word is from other FB boards, his father told him to do it and when you are 17; you do what your father tells you to do. It is what it is.

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Happy C day

Johnny Utah

Postby Johnny Utah » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Wow, that's pretty unbelievable that Mater Dei high school would put up with that kind of behavior. I don't think any of the other Trinity league schools would. I guess it's win at all costs.
If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

Exocet 98

Postby Exocet 98 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm

mater dei thug ball black hood ski mask, wow!! md dad, red and ramona weigh in . 3 stripes!!! How 'bout them Devils! :mrgreen:

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Exocet 98, I think even Bob Johnson would have suspended this player. I guess Rollison was afraid the dad would transfer his kid again if he suspended him for a game. Just disgraceful.

Exocet 98

Postby Exocet 98 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:53 pm

3 stripes, I guess when your so desperate you have to do whatever it takes to end the drought. such pathetic kool aid hypocrites that put down the MV 4 H program. the black ski mask tug ball video will always taint this season. 3 stripes !!!!! :mrgreen:

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Wow...did you just get back from a sabbatical in Tibet? Haven't seen your name in forever.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 am

Oh yeah man, its cool to be a thug and hate your country now. Get with the program. Pretend shooting kids after a good defensive play or wearing a ski mask on attempted robbery. You know its bad when the County's lead private school is accepting this for rings. This is a time where we need adults to act like adults and teach these young men character and respect, honor and pride. WAKE UP!!! ](*,)

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:03 am

ptg,
Bench St. Brown???? Are you kidding me. What if the kid and his daddy decide to pack up and leave? Then what?
These kids are so entitled and its sick. I say kick his ass off the team for good, and let him bounce to wherever.
YOU SHOULD NEVER BE BIGGER THAN THE TEAM OR INSTITUTION. offers lost??? :steam:

Return to “High School”