The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

New Bosco QB?

cruiser

New Bosco QB?

Postby cruiser » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Looks like The SJB HC has to make a decision on who will be his QB for the league opener...
Re-Al was pulled in the 4th quarter of their last game -the soph QB was inserted and led
Bosco to victory in DC - will be interesting to see what happens...

The majority of SoCal FB board posters say that the Soph QB should be the starter.
Comments?

Omar Bongo

Re: New Bosco QB?

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:04 pm

I've seen some highlights and he's not going to be able to stand back there like a statue against teams with a rush like MD...on every throw he was planted like a redwood...can he move?
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 pm

I saw the MD/Bosco frosh game last year and he is SLooow afoot maybe he has improved.
Apparently he is a far better passer than Re-AL per the posters on the other HSFB board.
Anyone?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:16 pm

From what I've seen of the young man, D.J. has decent speed once he shifts through all four gears, but his quickness is below par. His biggest asset when running (or getting sacked) is that it's very difficult for one kid to bring him down.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:48 pm

From what I saw he has a funky throwing motion but he can get it downfield accurately. He and Mitchell are like yin and yang...if the coaches can figure out a way to rotate them in and out depending on the situation, they could be pretty effective

Donald Trump

BigBosco

Postby BigBosco » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:21 pm

I think he's deceptively fast on his feet. This due to his large frame as his body motion comes across as somewhat
"Lumbering" when in fact he's pretty dextrous for height and age. He gets his shoulders lined correct and plants feet well when he throws. He's tough to bring down when he tucks it and runs. He seems to move around in the pocket well. I don't have a sense for what's he's like when rolling out of the pocket. He's accurate and has a cannon for an arm. Posters are of course correct in that he'll have less time in the pocket against a good defensive front like MD.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 am

Unproven sophomore vs winning Senior with blazing speed, a no brainer. My guess it was just a chance to see what the
young guy would do in a non league game and no national championship on the line because of the STA loss.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 am

You could be right, watchersince68; but check out the posts on the - southerncaliforniapreps
board, a good majority of the posters feel that the soph should start over MItchell.

The soph took over the game with only six minutes left in the game and down by two scores, drove them to two TD's in that time span and per the posters made it look easy - Re-Al threw two
successive picks on his two previous series in the game with the game on the line and has thrown nine picks in five games.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am

Good points, however when were posters given the right to name the starting QB? Could it possibly be aimed as a
wake up call for Re-al? We will find out soon enough I guess.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:18 am

If you have a high school quarterback with an arm like I have heard this kid has I almost don't care whether he is mobile or not. Bosco has a perfectly adequate O line to protect him.

An offense like that already has a very good running game and a dangerous passer only makes it that much more effective. In a situation like this I would take an immobile passer over an elusive QB with an unreliable arm every time..........................Luca

IEking

Postby IEking » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 am

The sophomore QB is good but there is no tape on the kid. It's hard for a defense to game plan aganist something they have never seen before. I think if he does get the nod, Bosco will become easier to defend as leauge play continues. Teams wont be too worried about the QB scrambling for 1st downs or touchdowns.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

IEKing
I agree, scrambling speed is a killer

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:39 pm

However right now no one is afraid of Bosco's passing game. I'd rather have a QB who can throw than a scrambler. Bosco needs to have teams respect their ability to throw and right now no one does.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:50 pm

watchersince68 wrote:I agree, scrambling speed is a killer

.........only if you make teams fear your arm in the first place....................Luca

IEking

Postby IEking » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 pm

From what I have been told, it is Bosco's WR core that is making the mistakes.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Bosco posters keeping pretty quiet about the issue on both FB boards, hmm....

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Wow you guys are talking of ousting the incumbent senior QB for someone who was probably recruited as an underclassmen. Furthermore because of his size he was probably a 2 year holdback, just what has SJB stooped to.
Can't imagine what it will do to team moral. Can anyone tell us if he owns a ski mask?

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:51 pm

I don't know how good an arm Real has this year and I don't know how immobile the soph is.

I was speaking in general terms: if you have to make a choice between a kid with a great arm and a kid who is a great scrambler I'd go with the QB who can throw...........Luca

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Platoon them...problem solved

Donald Trump

Johnny Utah

Postby Johnny Utah » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:18 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Furthermore because of his size he was probably a 2 year holdback, just what has SJB stooped to.
Can't imagine what it will do to team moral. Can anyone tell us if he owns a ski mask?

According to the Perfect Game baseball website, he's a pretty good baseball player too, he's 16 years and 5 months. I think that's pretty standard for a kid that wasn't held back. I was never held back as a kid and I was 16 years and 9 months at this point in my sophomore year. I think the infamous JT Daniels is 17, so that sounds about right.
And as far as the ski mask or isis mask, whichever you prefer, DJ is a pretty smart kid too. 4.0 student. But, he's not stupid enough to wear one of those things.

Return to “High School”