The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

So Now, Dr. Seuss is Racist

Professor Fate

So Now, Dr. Seuss is Racist

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 pm

In the latest lunacy from a more enlightened than you, liberal, Massachusetts librarian Liz Phipps Soeiro, has written a letter to Melania Trump, saying that her gift of ten Dr. Seuss books to her school will not be accepted.

She also says that Dr. Seuss books are filled with racist stereotypes, and are nothing more than "blackface minstrelsy."

Of course she ignores the fact that there are videos of Obama praising Dr Seuss, and Michelle Obama reading Dr. Seuss to schoolchildren.

She also ignores the "blackface minstrelsy" of Dr. Seuss when, in 2015 she dressed up like this:

and this:

saying,"Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! K and 1 celebrated with a green egg breakfast!" @Cport_School @cambridge_cpsd

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/ ... ian_d.html

But it's okay. She, like most so-called progressives, is obviously more enlightened than we are, I'm sure. Just ask her.

Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

broman

Re: So Now, Dr. Seuss is Racist

Postby broman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm

#seusslivesmatter

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:45 pm

There couldn't be a more pressing story! Screw Puerto Rico, Florida, Texas, Tom Price, and the avalanche of stupidity coming out of this administration, there's a librarian that didn't want to take some books from the Trumps!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Can't multi-task eh, Fordama?
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Is this a big deal to someone? Who?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 pm

You really can't see it, can you Wabash?

Stonewall Jackson to Robert E Lee to Lee's horse Traveller to Francis Scott Key to George Washington to Thomas Jefferson to John Hancock to Columbus to ESPN's Asian American announcer Robert Lee to Junipero Serra to "Song of the South" to "Dumbo" to the infringement of the monkey's copyright to Mark Twain to Dr Seuss to...?
Last edited by Professor Fate on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Nope. Don't see it all. In fact I see folks making the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill.

But please continue focusing on those shiny objects thrown out by the conservative screaming heads.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Prof. - maybe, if instead of just regurgitating the part that fit your narrative you had actually read all the way down to the bottom of the article, you might have come across the context for the claims. Ever seen this?

Or this?

Certainly provides some context, no? There's more out there if you bother looking. Racist or not? Take your time mulling it over. Seuss? He apologized.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Omar,

First of all, the Woodpile cartoon is offensive, I agree, and to a lesser extent, the WWII anti enemy cartoon.
Secondly, as you noted, Seuss apologized for those.
Third, they have nothing to do with the 10 Dr.Seuss books in question.
Fourth, the Obamas had no problem with the books obviously. Maybe they didn't "bother looking."
Fifth, you know as well as I do, that had Michelle Obama sent those books, the librarian would have said nothing.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

I always enjoy reading the whining of conservative snowflakes.

Constantly looking for a reason to claim victim status.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

HEY EVERYBODY! There's an idiot who lives in Boston!

Feel better now?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Wabash wrote:Nope. Don't see it all. In fact I see folks making the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill.
Fordama made my point for me, and you are close, Wabash, so I'll help you out. All of the things I brought up to you are the foci of idiot liberal snowflakes so blinded by their hatred of all things Trump, and buoyed by their insufferable "I'm more enlightened than you" attitudes, (and a desire to feel important), making...how did you put it?...proverbial mountains out of molehills. See what I did there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdPgYDSqpUk

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 pm

...the foci of idiot liberal snowflakes so blinded by their hatred of all things Trump...

Touche! Thus the trap closes, and we idiot liberals are left speechless! Your sublimely crafted arguments and velvety prose have persuaded us, you silver-tongued devil you. Well done!
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:12 am

The projections and connections that you are making Prof are the stuff tin foil hat conspiracy theories are made of.

Here we have a well educated professional librarian return the books because she doesn't need them. Then, as an aside, she points out that some of the illustrations in some of the books written by Dr. Seuss are racist. That's all. Nothing to do with Obama. Nothing to do with Liberals in general. Nothing to do with some liberal agenda.

I had not given much thought to the possibility that the cartoon images in Dr. Seuss books were racist in any way. However, given the time in our history that they were written, it's entirely possible. The books play on many different stereotypes and despite the fun and whimsical way they are written, could very well send different messages to different people.

There really is nothing newsworthy here. No uproar or uprising, except by the alt.right perhaps.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:19 am

not4u13 wrote:There really is nothing newsworthy here. No uproar or uprising, except by the alt.right perhaps.

Bing-Fracking-Oh!

This is nothing more than a faux issue designed by the Fox News types to keep their white male audience in a perpetual state of fear and loathing.

By the looks of it, it is achieving that goal.

I brought up to you are the foci of idiot liberal snowflakes so blinded by their hatred of all things Trump, and buoyed by their insufferable "I'm more enlightened than you" attitudes, (and a desire to feel important), making...how did you put it?
Or it could be the foci of liberals is commenting on the daily dumpster that has become the Trump Administration.
Last edited by Wabash on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:01 am

Wabash wrote:This is nothing more than a faux designed by the Fox News types to keep their white male audience in a perpetual state of fear and loathing

Didn't know Green Eggs and Ham was required reading for Americana.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:04 am

Professor Fate wrote:You really can't see it, can you Wabash?

Sure. You're going to drag up anything to detract from the cluster***k at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, no matter how trivial.

I like the way you even did the work to find the pictures and repost them like you solved the Kennedy assassination!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:27 am

broman wrote:Didn't know Green Eggs and Ham was required reading for Americana.

The title alone of "Green Eggs and Ham" is so blatantly insensitive and offensive to potential space aliens that it has no place in the curriculum or libraries of American public schools. Throw it on the bonfire, along with Gone With The Wind, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and all the Black Panther comic books.

Bick

Postby Bick » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Professor Fate wrote:you know as well as I do, that had Michelle Obama sent those books, the librarian would have said nothing.

Prof, If you're looking for acknowledgement of media bias here...

You will not find it in this house
You will not find it with a mouse
You will not find it here or there
You will not find it ANYWHERE

They do not like Trump or Mel-ann
They do not like them Prof I AM.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Fordama made my point for me, and you are close, Wabash, so I'll help you out.

No, I pointed out that you were being an idiot.

Sorry that I didn't be more direct about it and you drew the wrong conclusion.

Return to “National”