The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Response to Hurricane Maria

broman

Response to Hurricane Maria

Postby broman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:28 am

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump.
4:19 AM - 30 Sep

broman

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby broman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:31 am

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

...Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They.......want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.
4:29 AM - Sep 30, 2017

damn freeloaders.....

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 am

Yeah, start a pissing match with the mayor. That's what true leaders do. :roll:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:36 am

I would agree, except it appeared to me that the mayor started it. Still, Trump should have let it go and chalked it up to the mayor feeling the weight of the disaster facing Puerto Rico.
Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Mayor of San Juan complaining about no help from the US. Irony is holding a press conference to complain about no US help, while standing in front of tons of supplies that came from the USA. :roll:

Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Regardless of "who started it" or whether or not she's standing in front of enough canned chick peas and soft drinks to feed a couple hundred people, "I know you are, but what am I" isn't the way grownups try to solve problems.

#Disgraceful

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:30 pm

I agree. Not sure we're talking about a grown up though.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:49 pm

He's an only child, isn't he? He acts like a spoiled, rich two year-old.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Trump is not an only child. He has several living siblings.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

broman

Postby broman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Mayor of San Juan complaining about no help from the US.

Nothing like finding gratification from the suffering of others.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm

How is she finding gratification in that? She's one of the ones suffering. :eh?:

broman

Postby broman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:28 pm

If she's suffering....... why is it a problem if she complains?

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Those supplies apparently came from private citizens, not the "USA".

That hurricane made landfall 9 days ago, I think she has a right to complain.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Postby broman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:28 pm

If she's suffering....... why is it a problem if she complains?

You have trouble keeping up, don't you? It's perfectly understandable, like I said earlier.

Professor Fate wrote:Still, Trump should have let it go and chalked it up to the mayor feeling the weight of the disaster facing Puerto Rico.

broman

Postby broman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:40 am

In an 11-hour period beginning at 7:19 a.m. and ending at 6:46 p.m. Saturday, the President of the United States ripped off 18 -- yes, 18! -- tweets dealing with the dire situation in Puerto Rico following the devastation wrought by Hurricane Maria.

What's more remarkable than Donald Trump -- aka the commander in chief, aka the most most powerful person in the country -- tapping out 18 tweets on a single subject in less than 12 hours is the tone of those tweets: Negative, defensive and dark.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/01/politics/ ... index.html

.....thank you to the Governor of P.R. and to all of those who are working so closely with our First Responders. Fantastic job!

...people are now starting to recognize the amazing work that has been done by FEMA and our great Military. All buildings now inspected.....

....We have done a great job with the almost impossible situation in Puerto Rico. Outside of the Fake News or politically motivated ingrates,...

Make that 21. :(

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:44 am

I watched the video he tweeted about what a wonderful job we're doing there but it was actually kind of pitiful when you think about the magnitude of the problem. People delivering cases of donated 1/2 liter bottles of water when what's needed is trailers of water and no shots of anybody working on the actual water supply; helicopters flying in about a meal's worth of C-rations; people waiting in hour-long lines for something or other; a skip loader clearing out debris but nobody stringing wires; pictures of the USS Comfort that was still in Virginia (left yesterday); back to more cases of water and another lunch of C-rations; and on and on.

I know there's only so much we can do and we only have so many people and resources to do it, but for me the video only highlighted that.

broman

Postby broman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:14 am

Powerful words from John Marshall

For a critical three or four days after Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico, President Trump was away at his New Jersey golf resort, ranting about the NFL and generally not paying attention. Once the scope of catastrophe began to become clear, Trump’s inaction began to generate criticism. Once that happened Trump proceeded to fold Puerto Rico into his comfort zone politics of grievance and narcissism. The focus shifted to Puerto Rico’s debt, ingratitude and – finally this morning – laziness and disorganization.

His own incompetence and indifference to his job responsibilities generated criticism and led him to make critical mistakes he could not undo. Once that happened, his own personality kicked in. The greased path to narcissistic injury, grievance and racist grievance political attacks was the inevitable reflex. It’s his comfort zone, his natural inclination.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a-t ... l-disgrace

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 am

broman wrote:by broman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:14 am

Powerful words from John Marshall

President Trump was
away at his New Jersey golf resort,
ranting about the NFL
not paying attention.

Trump’s inaction began to generate criticism.
Trump...politics of grievance and narcissism.
laziness and disorganization.

incompetence and indifference to his job responsibilities
critical mistakes he could not undo.

his own personality kicked in.
The greased path to narcissistic injury, grievance and racist grievance
Powerful words my ass!

It is beyond comprehension how anyone, with any brain cells at all, can take seriously a short rant containing that many insults starting in the very first sentence, topped off by a link that, in itself contains the words "talking points."

broman

Postby broman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Scales are coming off.....

Eric Erickson
The people of Puerto Rico are hungry, thirsty, homeless, and fearful. They won’t hear a lot about President Trump’s twitter fight and it won’t matter to him because they cannot participate in the Electoral College.

It should matter to all of us though that the President is so willing to get in the mud and fight back when the mayor and everyone else in Puerto Rico need our empathy and compassion. Sometimes the President just does not need to dial up the jackass and sometimes he does not need to be defended.
http://theresurgent.com/nevermind/

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Trump refuses to get rid of the law that allows direct drop off and distribution of goods. 9 days is not enough, nine years is more like it, but his buddies in American shipping and ports would lose all that revenue if PR had direct access to goods like, say, Hawaii? He does not care about brown non white male voters. If PR had voting rights, or better still, statehood, whole new attitude.

He tweets of a "complaining" woman who 9 days after the worst hurricane landfall, has in her sights, dying people and wading through the mire to get them help. I'm surprise he didn't call her "hysterical" too.
Last edited by ShiftyMutt on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “National”