The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Trump and the politics of racial identity

broman

Trump and the politics of racial identity

Postby broman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:19 am

Powerful words from David Brooks

"Do you think there's as much discrimination against white people as against everybody else?" a large percentage say yes. How strong is white identity for a lot of Republicans? For about 47% of the Republican Party, the sense of being white, of whiteness, is a strong identity factor. For the other half, not so much a factor. They believe in conservative ideas are good for everybody. And Donald Trump is playing for the white identity party. And therefore, it's becoming harder, operationally, to be a Republican without suddenly siding with that. And so the other half of the party has to decide, "Can we side with a guy who's constantly dragging us into racial identity politics over and over again in a way that becomes offensive. I've been a conservative for 30 years, going to all these magazines, you never used to hear racial stuff at conservative gatherings." But now it's suddenly become very hard to be a Republican and not be somehow associated with something racially reprehensible.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... 17-n806371

Omar Bongo

Re: Trump and the politics of racial identity

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 pm

David Brooks is a republican I could have a beer with...and who would have a beer with me
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:18 pm

GOP operatives talking about the GOP

Seven years after Republicans first seized on the unruly rise of the Tea Party as a vehicle for winning elections, GOP leaders are confronting a stark reality: They have lost all control and comprehension of the populist movement they were supposed to be marshaling—and they may soon be facing a mutiny.

The volatile dynamic inside the Republican Party was thrown into sharp relief last week when Roy Moore—a fringe relic of the fading religious right—emerged victorious in Alabama’s GOP Senate primary, defeating the establishment incumbent President Trump had endorsed.

Nick Everhart, a GOP media consultant who has worked for dozens of Tea Party-aligned campaigns over the years, said there’s little use in trying to explain the unpredictable behavior of the conservative base with issues or ideology. “The idea that these movements are driven by any kind of intellectual, structured thing is ridiculous. They’re always a backlash to the moment.

Reed Galen, a political consultant who served as Arizona Senator John McCain’s deputy campaign manager in the 2008 presidential race. “None of this is based on ideology or shared purpose,” he said. “The activist, angry wing of the GOP … doesn’t care about progress or making America great again. It lives and breathes on anger and resentment. That’s a difficult movement to direct and control.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ol/541650/

broman

Postby broman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Racist reaction from last night... I present Miss Laura Ingraham

Virginia is a Democrat state. Because of mass immigration, Islamic and Hispanic. They are not conservatives, Marco Rubio. They don't vote family values, Jeff Flake. Because the establishment has been telling us, "immigration's good, immigration's good, more, more, more, millions more, bring them in, let them settle, have five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10 kids. Keep going, keep going, keep it up. Each generation is going to get more conservative." Each generation has not become more conservative. I keep going back to [Pat] Buchanan. Buchanan's book, The Death of the West, Suicide of a Superpower. Two books. Both of them predict what's happening right now. Both in Europe with the refugee policy, the EU, the loss of independence and sovereignty and here in the United States. It will become increasingly difficult, for sure, for Republicans to win if Republicans don't get a handle on immigration
www.mediamatters.org/video/2017/11/08/l ... nia/218480

The only way for the United States to keep independence and sovereignty is to maintain white majority?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Seven years after Republicans first seized on the unruly rise of the Tea Party as a vehicle for winning elections, GOP leaders are confronting a stark reality...

Notice how no one talks about the tea party anymore? Turns out all it was was an Anti-Obama club. Because their entire raison d'être was to erase that black mark (pun intended) from America's record, after he won again in 2012 it just kinda dissolved into a puddle like the witch of the west...poof
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Return to “National”