The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

October 13th - Bosco vs. Mater Dei

templar83

October 13th - Bosco vs. Mater Dei

Postby templar83 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:58 am

Two of the top teams in the Country will square off this Friday night at El Camino College. Great history between the two programs, with Bosco having the upper hand of late. MD, as expected, has been an offensive juggernaut ( love the term ) this season, but the same could be said of last years Monarchs who were brought back down to earth by a very tough-minded Bosco group. This year Bosco's offense is effective, but inconsistent. The same can be said of MD's defense. MD had a big advantage with special teams last year, this year not so much. The coaching staffs of both schools are first rate, but again it seems to me Bosco has had the better of it the last few years. In any case, it ought to be fun Friday night in Torrance...Bosco in a mild upset.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the title describe the topic

Playthegame

Re: October 13th - Bosco vs. Mater Dei

Postby Playthegame » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:21 am

Bosco will get beat by 21 points at least...No comparison in coaching staffs...success yes but MD much more sophisticated. Bosco relies on athleticism to win, MD has both athletes and superior coaching.

This years MD team is far more dominant than last years and JT is calling the plays...I am a fan of both coaches and teams. This year no one stops the Monarchs and it will not be a close game...sorry folks...MD rolls Bosco like a drunk sailor. If SJB keeps it with in two TD's they will have done very well...

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 am

PTG
I wish I could share the same fervor you have about MD blowing out SJB but I respect what they have accomplished
with their normally superior athletes. I feel good about this game but I would be reluctant to project a blowout.

albundyrules

Postby albundyrules » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 am

Playthegame wrote:Bosco will get beat by 21 points at least...No comparison in coaching staffs...success yes but MD much more sophisticated. Bosco relies on athleticism to win, MD has both athletes and superior coaching.

This years MD team is far more dominant than last years and JT is calling the plays...I am a fan of both coaches and teams. This year no one stops the Monarchs and it will not be a close game...sorry folks...MD rolls Bosco like a drunk sailor. If SJB keeps it with in two TD's they will have done very well...

Superior coaching? Negro and staff went.....
2006 Semifinals at Trabuco
2007 Finals at Trabuco
2008 Semifinals at Trabuco
2009 Finals at Trabuco
2013 Finals at Bosco
2014 Finals at Bosco
2015 Finals at Bosco
2016 Finals at Bosco
Negro and staff since 2010 7-2 against MD. :eh?: :eh?: :eh?: :eh?: Did you not watch last years Finals? I didn't know JT was a coach too.

Haroof

Postby Haroof » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 am

"No comparison in coaching staffs.."

I'd really have to strongly disagree with that. I'm not going to say one staff is better than the other but to say one staff is better w/o comparison is absolutely ridiculous.

MDGuy

Postby MDGuy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 pm

watchersince68 wrote:PTG
I wish I could share the same fervor you have about MD blowing out SJB but I respect what they have accomplished
with their normally superior athletes. I feel good about this game but I would be reluctant to project a blowout.

I have to agree with the Watcher. Recent history doesn't prove MD can achieve a blowout. IMHO, Bosco is the favorite BUT whoever has the ball last will win.

Justadude

Postby Justadude » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Gonna be a good one. Bosco has several key and significant injuries. Also i don’t like the inconsistency of the offense this season and they are undisciplined. MD was embarrassed last year and have had this game circled. MD is the favorite. Every poll has them better and I agree. I’ll take MD in this one by 10.

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:40 pm

This is the week when MD's free agent/transfers should make the difference. If MD can't get it done after adding Funa, Tuihalamaka, Tuliaupupu and Ware Hudson to their defense in the off season free agent period their whole coaching staff should be fired.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:57 pm

albundyrules wrote:Negro and staff since 2010 7-2 against MD. Did you not watch last years Finals? I didn't know JT was a coach too.

JT calls his own plays...just like a coach. So if he is doing what a coach would normally do the title does not matter...

I watched last years finals...this years games are what YOU should be watching Al...

Haroof wrote:I'd really have to strongly disagree with that. I'm not going to say one staff is better than the other but to say one staff is better w/o comparison is absolutely ridiculous.

Compare QB play...MD QB is able to call his own plays and read defenses...Bosco? Coaching...example...

MDGuy wrote: Recent history doesn't prove MD can achieve a blowout. IMHO, Bosco is the favorite BUT whoever has the ball last will win.

No prob, that is your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. When the game is over we'll know who's opinion was most accurate...

MD by 3 TD''s plus...Jersey Mikes giant sub, lg. drink and chips or a twenty pak of wings at wingstop...MD over Bosco and I will give you 17 points...just to make it interesting...any takers?

longtimeobserver

Postby longtimeobserver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Buck Those three transfers have been playing all year----they moved. I believe Wade Hudson is injured and not
playing this year.

longtimeobserver

Postby longtimeobserver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Buck Those three transfers have been playing all year----they moved. I believe Wade Hudson is injured and not
playing this year.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm

longtimeobserver wrote:Buck Those three transfers have been playing all year----they moved. I believe Wade Hudson is injured and not
playing this year.

LTO, Buck is an MD-hating troll who is better ignored than fed. Just an FYI...

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:10 pm

longtimeobserver wrote:Buck Those three transfers have been playing all year----they moved. I believe Wade Hudson is injured and not
playing this year.

Goes to show you how much this guy follows football.. Ware Hudson has been injured since Feb, post when you know all the facts tired or people running of the mouth and half the info is wrong..

BuckW

Postby BuckW » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm aware that three of them have been playing all season for IMG West but they were brought in to beat Bosco. They really didn't need them to get through the rest of their schedule. Coach Negro has out coached the old mustache every year so it won't surprise me if he pulls an upset on Friday night.

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Playthegame wrote:JT calls his own plays...just like a coach. So if he is doing what a coach would normally do the title does not matter...

I watched last years finals...this years games are what YOU should be watching Al...

Compare QB play...MD QB is able to call his own plays and read defenses...Bosco? Coaching...example...

No prob, that is your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. When the game is over we'll know who's opinion was most accurate...

MD by 3 TD''s plus...Jersey Mikes giant sub, lg. drink and chips or a twenty pak of wings at wingstop...MD over Bosco and I will give you 17 points...just to make it interesting...any takers?

Try Cruiser he thinks Bosco is 3-6 point favorite. I said the same as you 21 points MD unless they get conservative like the end of BG game

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Justadude wrote:Bosco has several key and significant injuries.

And what would those be?
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm

It's only Monday, but's let's review the spin so far...MD cheats so much that if they don't blow out a rival national power they've gone 1-6 against since 2011, they must really suck...

I give this a C+ for an opening salvo...hoping for a bit more originality as the week progresses

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Just to cap it off...it is not a weird coincidence that MD has produced two Hiesman QB's or is it three...JT will be the next and there are many on this board who have a better understanding of this game then myself, no bones about it. But I do speak with many of the key guys in this game and one thing I have observed is Bosco has had great success and I give Jason a ton of credit for building teams and running an amazing program...but from a purist stand point he has enjoyed the success he had by having better players on the field since coming to Bosco, Jason get's a lot out of his guys for sure, my point is just that an MD coached QB is a completely different QB then a Bosco coached QB.

I can tell you that the current MV QB who came from Bosco...was not taught the complexities of the position, granted he is only a jr...but look at JT an acknowledged phenom and mature young man who has been at it along time so that is a definite advantage...but no comparison. JT Daniels mind is a huge asset along with a ridiculous supporting cast. So a perfect storm of talent and great coaching spells blow out...

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:It's only Monday, but's let's review the spin so far...MD cheats so much that if they don't blow out a rival national power they've gone 1-6 against since 2011, they must really suck...

I have to apologize to Mr. Bongo as he is very intelligent guy, I hate the entitlement mind set, more of an MLK guy myself but he makes a good point...MD?...they have put together a team of the decade...they did not cheat to do it...they used the system to their advantage as a guy with just a small amount of coaching experience I have no problem with what MD does in running their program...they have not broken any rule that I am aware of...so the idea is to win...bottom line. How it is done...as long as legal is A OK with with me...

Getting your ass handed to you over and over again sucks...blame Bosco for MD today...you forced the MOther of God to get serious... :shock:
Last edited by Playthegame on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justadude

Postby Justadude » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 pm

I’ll give you one publicaly known. Demetrius Flowers. I won’t give those that are not out in the public. IE published.

Return to “High School”