The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

I denounce Harvey Weinstein!

Things to do, watch, listen to, read, drink and eat
John Q. Public
Site Admin

I denounce Harvey Weinstein!

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:44 pm

I don't even know the guy and I have no idea who she is, but it says on Google News that Lena Dunham says all men are supposed to denounce Harvey Weinstein. What the hey. I denounce him. Better now?

Now I know how my Muslim friends must feel.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Re: I denounce Harvey Weinstein!

Postby Wabash » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 pm

I denounce him.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 pm

I denounce him as well. I also denounce all the two-faced liberal hypocrites in the entertainment world who profess to be champions of women's rights and female empowerment, while knowing this goes on behind the scenes a hundred times a day in their industry and keeping silent about it.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Ditto all the two-faced conservative hypocrites who act like they cared before now
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Apples and oranges, Omar, but you've got the start for a great fruit salad.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Guess that makes me an apple

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Post all the Trump photos you want, Omar. This one's on all the phony bleeding hearts in Hollywood who have silently endorsed this kind of crap by keeping it under wraps for decades.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 pm

The difference is the Evangelical types posture about character and morals. Yet (as was pointed out) openly supported someone who admitted to sexual assault.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Things like that - and there are all sorts of them - are common knowledge throughout the entertainment industry. He must have been a pretty powerful guy, and his career must be pretty shot to Hell, for all these people - many very powerful, themselves - to be only now coming out of the woodwork to denounce him.

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 pm

So Ashley Judd was actually sexually harassed by this guy 20 years ago, and says nothing while countless others go through that and worse. She hears a 10 year old recording of Trump, and earlier this year gets up in front of thousands to lecture about his misogyny.

You tolerate Weinstein's stuff because you stand to gain by remaining silent, but scream to high heaven about Trump for doing far less, and certainly nothing you actually experienced. Nothing hypocritical here, right?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:17 pm

This one's on all the phony bleeding hearts in Hollywood who have silently endorsed this kind of crap by keeping it under wraps for decades

Curious, does that include phony Hollywood bleeding hearts like Clint Eastwood, Jon Voight and Sylvester Stallone? Interesting how you think a few celebrities (the ones who vote different than you) have the power to keep crimes from going unreported...sounds like a good superpower idea for the next Marvel movie

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Bick wrote:Nothing hypocritical here, right?

Blaming the victim, what a novel approach...is "super-ironic" a word?

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 am

Meryl Streep called Weinstein "god" at the golden globe awards. #-o

Maybe Meryl can get Roman Polanski and Bill Clinton to be character witnesses.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:29 am

Or Trump or Roger Ailes or O'Reilly or whatever other Republican has crashed and burned over this kind of thing. I suggest not trying to make this political unless you're doing some kind of victory dance.

Bick

Postby Bick » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Blaming the victim, what a novel approach...is "super-ironic" a word?

You must really think you're adept at spin to roll with that one here.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:32 am

John, the fact is that liberals outnumber conservatives by 10 to 1 in the entertainment business. You can pick out the exceptions like Ailes and O'Reilly, but the fact remains that the vast majority of these phony women's champions, both male and female, have kept quiet about this sort of thing for several generations.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 am

Well, in that case, Republicans seem to be outdoing themselves! =D>

Fact is, the entertainment business is very slimy and always has been, regardless of which way the political winds have blown. Yes, the people making the denouncements are taking advantage of the situation and they're trying to cover their own asses. But every time a Weinstein or an Ailes takes a fall, there's at least a dozen more of them waiting in the wings and the denouncers all know their names and their foibles but they keep quiet because they want to work. It's been like that since the studio bosses were Whigs and it probably isn't going to change any time soon. I'm sure Reagan had the goods on quite a few people but he never said anything, either. That's just the way the business works, regardless of anyone's politics.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 am

Where is the moralizing for those who claim to be religious and moral? Jim Bakker is back on the Telly posturing over who knows what in the daily tongue baths he gives Trump.

No one is denying Weinstein is a pig.

Bick

Postby Bick » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am

Isn't the real issue not that they kept quiet, but then went on the attack on Trump for far less? Does that pass the smell test for you, JQP?

Return to “Entertainment”