The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Sessions Weighs 2nd Special Prosecutor

Professor Fate

Sessions Weighs 2nd Special Prosecutor

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is considering naming a special counsel to lead an investigation into a list of matters involving Hillary Clinton, according to a Monday letter the Justice Department sent to the House Judiciary Committee.

President Trump's top prosecutor is interested in further probing a wide range of topics including the Obama-era Uranium One deal that gave a Russian-owned company partial control of U.S. atomic energy resources.

Officials told The Hill that the Justice Department is also currently investigating several issues related to Clinton Foundation donations, the unmasking of American identities by the intelligence community and former FBI Director James Comey's handling of the investigation into Clinton's private email server, all of which could lead to the appointment of a second special prosecutor if the facts warrant.

According to government documents and interviews, the FBI had substantial evidence that Russian nuclear officials were engaging in kickbacks, extortion and money laundering with the intention of trying to grow their atomic energy interests at the time of the 2010 sale, which was was approved by multiple U.S. agencies, including the Clinton-led State Department.

Sources told The Hill there was also documented evidence of Russian officials routing millions of dollars into the Clinton Foundation at the time.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... l-to-probe

Things under Obama got a lot worse before they started to get better – and they only started to get better after the GOP took over half of Congress and put the brakes on spending.

Omar Bongo

Re: Sessions Weighs 2nd Special Prosecutor

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Good call, America is on the edge of their seats over this
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:48 am

Our attorney general is an idiot.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 am

Joy Reid destroys the conservative talking points on Uranium One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP04_TVbW8k
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

We only started hearing about fake news when we elected a fake president.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Sessions downplayed the possibility of appointing a special consul at hearings today. Trump is pushing hard for it and the thinking is Sessions isn't on board is trying to let him down easy...for now anyway.
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

The Clinton Foundation received $145 million in pledges and donations from original investors in Uranium One, prior to its sale to Rosatom. Furthermore, these donations were not disclosed at the time they were made, according to a 2015 story in the New York Times. (The Times story was based in part on research by Peter Schweizer, a former fellow at a conservative think tank and author of the controversial 2015 book “Clinton Cash.”)

Former President Bill Clinton also received $500,000 for speaking at a Moscow conference organized by a Russian investment bank after the Rosatom-Uranium One deal was announced, but before it passed muster with the US Committee on Foreign Investments, according to the Times story.

Most of the $145 million in Clinton Foundation donations came from one person, a major Uranium One investor named Frank Giustra. Mr. Giustra has said that he sold all his shares in Uranium One about 1-1/2 years before Mrs. Clinton became secretary of State – and three years before Rosatom and its Russian cash came calling.

There is no direct evidence of a quid pro quo between Clinton and Uranium One backers. As one of nine members of a US committee weighing the deal, it was not within Clinton’s power to approve the deal on her own. There is no evidence Clinton was even informed of the prospective deal while she was secretary of State. While cabinet heads make up the committee, that is a nominal position. As often the case in government, subordinates go to the meetings and do the work.
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/ ... nd-uranium

For what its worth....

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm

It's a nothingburger. I never heard that term till recently. Thought I would use it for something that really is nothing.

As Joy Reid asked. "Who got the money?"

Shep Smith didn't get the Clinton is guilty regardless of facts memo at Fox News.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Here is the video of Smith explaining why the Uranium One scandal is not a scandal.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith debunked what his own network has called the Hillary Clinton uranium “scandal,” infuriating Fox viewers, some of whom suggested that he ought to work for CNN or MSNBC.

Since it doesn't go along with the "lock her up" mentality, many Fox viewers were unhappy.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Could you please tell the 90% of us who won't click your link what Mr. Smith said? Or should we just guess? Or, more likely, not pay any attention to your post.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Could you please tell the 90% of us who won't click your link what Mr. Smith said?

Fox News reporter Shep Smith deviated from the Trump and Fox line regarding the Uranium One line. In this report he states:

Nine people involved in the deal made donations to the Clinton Foundation totaling more than $140 million. In exchange, Secretary of State Clinton approved the sale to the Russians, a quid pro quo. The accusation [was] first made by Peter Schweizer, the senior editor-at-large of the website Breitbart in his 2015 book “Clinton Cash.” The next year, candidate Donald Trump cited the accusation as an example of Clinton corruption.

Trump’s version of the “scandal” in which he claimed:

Hillary Clinton’s State Department approved the transfer of 20 percent of America’s uranium holdings to Russia. Well, nine investors in the deal funneled $145 million to the Clinton Foundation.

Most of the Clinton Foundation donations in question, he pointed out, came from Frank Giustra, the founder of the uranium company in Canada. But Giustra, Smith noted, “says he sold his stake in the company back in 2007,” three years before the uranium/Russia deal and “a year and a half before Hillary Clinton became secretary of state.” He added:

. . . The accusation is predicated on the charge that Secretary Clinton approved the sale. She did not. A committee of nine evaluated the sale, the president approved the sale, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and others had to offer permits, and none of the uranium was exported for use by the U.S. to Russia.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm

Now, could you tell us who you plagiarized that from?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm

I am very confused by the rules. I posted a link you removed. Here it is again.

Fox News’s Shepard Smith debunks his network’s favorite Hillary Clinton ‘scandal,’ infuriates viewers

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:53 am

The rule is very simple. Pretend you're writing a report for your high school English class. You put the information in your report/post, you tell us where it came from in the footnote/link. You skip the report and only include the footnotes, the teacher gives you a big red "F". Around here, if you only post a link but give no information from the page, you get your link removed. If your post is meaningless with the link removed, it's because your post was meaningless and a waste of pixels before it was removed.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 am

Should Hillary Clinton be impeached?

https://youtu.be/oMupq6zB1Tc
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am

I was just getting ready to post that.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Makes a guy wish for an intelligence test to get in a voting booth... #-o
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Return to “National”