The 2017 OC Connect High School Football pool starts Thursday 8/24

Get your predictions in here!

Click the X at the upper right to dismiss this message.

Mater Dei vs De La Salle

watchersince68

Mater Dei vs De La Salle

Postby watchersince68 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 am

Watched some video of DLS and they just don't seem to be the dominant team from years past, however they are still
De La Salle and teams like that somehow find ways to win. Looking at their roster they also seem to be undersized
but that has not stopped them before. There is as much mystique about playing them as playing MD. All that being said I like MD's chances and hope the drive to Sacramento and the cold weather doen't play it's part.

Ramon

Re: Mater Dei vs De La Salle

Postby Ramon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 am

I'll be in the stands...The drive to Sacramento sucks...But it'll be worth it to see a National Championship won in person...I think Mater Dei beats De La Salle by 17 to 21 points...The Spartans will not roll over, but they are heavily outmatched...There is even chatter on the North Cal Boards that DLS was chosen instead of Folsom as retribution...Either way, you play who is placed before you...Pride Poise Courage
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
2017 Trinity League and CIF-SS D1 Champions

Scarleg

Postby Scarleg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm

I haven't been able to find who is broadcasting this game. Spectrum & Fox Stations don't show anything for the Friday / Saturday games.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Pretty sure Spectrum has the contract for the state playoffs games, fyi - Anyone?

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:33 pm

It is on Spectrum which rots.
Indeed DLS will not roll over. Let’s not forget they are a nationally ranked team and needs to be considered dangerous. Based on talent alone MD wins by 5 touchdowns. But as we all know the DLS system can neutralize talent. However it is not enough to beat this MD team. I think MD wins by 21.
Last edited by OutOfState on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

downtothewire

Postby downtothewire » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:44 pm

MD by 4 tds

jb914

Postby jb914 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 pm

MD 49
DLS 21

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm

De La Salle is a tough, well-rested opponent basically playing at home, they will be ready...big question is if the hangover has worn off and MD can maintain focus for 10 more days...
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

jb914

Postby jb914 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 pm

The sharks taste the blood in the water from the CIF-SS championship.

DLS gonna need a bigger boat Omar.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:17 am

Let's hope you're right.

Meanwhile on the DLS board they're hoping for Divine intervention:

I somewhat hope the weather on Dec. 16th favors the Spartans. It is hard to throw the football when it is extremely cold and wet, this could favor DLS and potentially neutralize the MD passing game....

Cold and wet would be good. Reminds me of Bowl a few years back when Spartans steamrolled Servite in the pouring rain in Carson....
Oct. 25: "One of the great memories of all time"
Nov.02: "I don't remember much about that meeting..."

How stupid is our country?
Donald Trump

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 am

After MD wins the state title, and they already beat Bishop Gorman,Vegas, then what?? We need a High school superbowl.
Texas, Florida?
MD 2017 best team money can buy! lol :lol:

Johnny Utah

Postby Johnny Utah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Cold and wet would be good. Reminds me of Bowl a few years back when Spartans steamrolled Servite in the pouring rain in Carson....

Omar, I don't know who you are quoting here, but they obviously haven't seen the Monarchs play this year. That Servite team DLS beat in the rain wasn't even close to this year's MD team. The Spartans would have to play a perfect game and the Monarchs would have to totally fall apart. Ain't gonna happen.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 am

That Servite Team was made up of mostly normal high school football players because it was during a time when a team could win doing that. Now you have to pick up off season free agents and recruit like mad in order to win a D1 title. You can’t compare teams from different eras especially now with the super recruited free agent based teams like MD and Bosco out there. Just ask Bob Johnson.

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 am

Omar Bongo wrote:De La Salle is a tough, well-rested opponent basically playing at home, they will be ready...big question is if the hangover has worn off and MD can maintain focus for 10 more days...

Tough opponent compared to what? They are not Bosco not Centennial maybe not MV SM OLU.

Johnny Utah

Postby Johnny Utah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am

You're right Joe. It's a whole different era in SoCal. DLS has not adapted to what's going on down south.
If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Its amazing how people are totally dismissing DLS. In composite national ranking they are #11. Granted they crapped the bed against Gorman. But they did beat a very good St. Johns College team, the same team that shoulda woulda coulda beat Bosco if not for the heroics of the Soph QB coming off the bench near the end of the game to save them.
I'm not trying to hype up DLS.... I'm just saying that they are very capable of giving MD a good game. Hopefully the MD players are not reading all of this hype and come with the same focus that they did against Bosco in the championship game.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 pm

OoS,

Much respect to you sir!

DLS will get blown out just like all the other comparable teams...This MD team is as good as any of us have ever seen...It is nearly impossible for a defense to cover 11 guys let alone the caliber of the MD guys this year. DLS could get blanked...Running clock on DLS!

I want to be wrong on this...

MDGuy

Postby MDGuy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 pm

FriarJoe wrote:That Servite Team was made up of mostly normal high school football players because it was during a time when a team could win doing that. Now you have to pick up off season free agents and recruit like mad in order to win a D1 title. You can’t compare teams from different eras especially now with the super recruited free agent based teams like MD and Bosco out there. Just ask Bob Johnson.

Beg to differ on that one. I know a few kids who were recruited from my LCS to play with those kids from Corona who would have gone to MD. Servite's hands were just as dirty building those teams.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Let's hope you're right.

Meanwhile on the DLS board they're hoping for Divine intervention:

[/i]

0% chance of rain in 10-day forecast with lows in the 40's? Sounds like perfect football weather.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:06 pm

FBOC wrote:Source of the post Tough opponent compared to what? They are not Bosco not Centennial maybe not MV SM OLU.

Better than the last three teams you cite and on a par with Centennial. Their only loss was to Gorman 24-7...in that game they lost their all-everything RB and SC commit DT to injury and had two fumbles led directly to 14 Gorman points. They are not at MD's level but they are no pushover either.

Return to “High School”